HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #586
Master Member

Aiyar choose whatever you want to believe in lor. Subscription based iptv services has no risk involved? What about those people who paid for subs only for the services to cease? If anything, alot of these so called premium iptv services are in it for the short term. Anytime they can just take your money then shut down and disppear, only to re-appear under another name few months later. Nothing is risk proof when money is involved. Maige was the perfect example and Deke is directly related to the previous Maige operators isnt it?
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #587
Arch-Supremacy Member

It was rumoured that Deke bought maige infrastructure and they spin off a few companies under the same system. They are not the same company, the new company use the tech but not well, that's why Maige was still the best, next to traffic light operators. I don't really think Deke is an honest company, but I also can't tell whether all the other companies are honest. UB is definitely not with their bing thing. EV, no idea since there's so little reviews.

But I found this comment

Which sounds like the UB bing of death thing and I have to suspect whether both are the same company.

Since Maige is no longer operating, Deke resembles the same quality the closest, but still not as good as Maige. The reason why I got Deke is just because I was too used to Maige and can't stand UB's inconsistency. All these info can be found in my history of posts. I'm not an insider or reseller here.

There are other providers though, which I've not tried. I may jump ship to others as my sub expire but i will definitely try the trials first before deciding. To me, PQ is important, $50-$100 bucks more per year is still acceptable to me, still much cheaper than subscribing to traffic light.

UB made his break because they survived a big crackdown 2 years ago which also brought Maige down. So one thing about UB is they have some tricks up their sleeve to evade such ops. It could be just lucky because they were quite small back then. Not sure about Deke, not sure about EV or others. But a whois on their websites show that they are all China companies, meaning they are all sceptible. The quan you app is another resilient one but all along the PQ is just adequate.

Actually I don't believe any subs can last forever. For those with recurring payment, they may die during crack down. But they will still try to keep themselves together because they earn by recurring payment of subs. They are also motivated to keep their service quality to standard to retain customers.

For those that offer "forever free" sub, they have equal chance to die out during crack down. If talking about fleeing, common sense will tell you that they are the more likely ones as their infrastructure overload and cost build. UB had little lag too 2-3 years ago.

Number of channels is important indeed, but I see many simply repeat their channels. If they are mirrored from other sources to have a backup channel, is still good though. Only scare they are just duplicated with the same source then its pointless.
The EVpad's menu looks okay enough with sub categories.

I've no idea how the conclusion EVpad is all along better than UB establish because I can't find much info about EVpad on HWZ or Geoexpat in HK. EVpad's website was established in 2015. UB in 2014. Not far apart but somehow not much people use EV.
I did find some clue in Lowyat. I was looking for some clue to see what architecture they are using, this is better evidence on why they can be better. UB now claim to be using CDN, must be those low budget service to be so crap.
The thing about all these bandwidth thing is, what you pay is what you get. I paid for Deke/Maige because I know the cost of their CDN is not cheap. Matter of fact, I got a feeling they did more than that to achieve this type of low latency and fast speed.
EVpad like never mention anything on what sort of infra they are using so no idea there, maybe better maybe worse, no idea. Why is it now faster than UB? I can only guess it's using CDN and has a much lesser load, the latency is still there from the demos though. The good ones can 一秒开。

You don't need those high end boxes. I've bought the latest minix android box, the Himedia H7 or whatever, minix windows box, UB, Maige, Deke box. The reason why I've so many boxes is because I've a few homes to set up and many screens to use.

What I'm using everyday in my room?
A basic UB 1 or 2 box, with the lousiest spec and it is still performing well enough to run my Kodi and Deke sub with no lag while streaming. Their UB apps, is no longer working though.

This is Deke with my lousy spec UB1/2.

PQ looks bad because it's recorded with my hp, but note how fast it change channel.

This is EVpad from don't know which country.

I'm quite impressed with the Taiwan channels though.
Not sure how is its compatibility with Kodi.
My deke box has some problem with Kodi because the android version is too low. The quality of EVpad tbh resembles UB few yrs back.

If I don't have any box, I may buy it, I may still add on Deke if I can't stand the quality.

If my intention is to sub a better streaming service, I may just buy a normal android box or UB3 which is quite cheap now, use UB as a backup. Note that Himedia has a lot of bloatware.
Minix is quite exp, specs powerful but will still lag if u keep opening apps and don't close them. I only like it because they have good compatibility with more types of apps.

If I already have a working box, I think i will just sub to a service.

Last edited by testerjp; 29-08-2017 at 12:13 AM..
testerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #588
Arch-Supremacy Member

BTW i think i saw a shop selling EVpad geekbox at queensway shopping centre. Look like another UB/EV spinoff.

Got a few guys asking me where to sub Deke, go google and you will find out. Got a reseller in Malaysia, or you can sub from Deke web directly.
The Malaysia reseller like slightly more exp but they throw in some "exclusive VOD".
He also have those 1/3/6/12 months shorter subs from other services which is good if you are afraid of the service cease.
HaoDH TV, Huat88TV, SkyHD TV. You can go do your own research if they are decent, I've not heard of them at all until he told me last week.

There might be other apps.
You can refer to this forum to read about more about those good ones.
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E9%BA%...Ciptv&ie=utf-8

Also, deke's staff already said before that they will just shut down if kana cracked down.This is an honest comment, all IPTV knows that.
They spin off a few companies doing the same thing hoping that if one kana caught the other survives, I'm not sure which is their latest or oldest spawn.

On the Tieba forum there seem to be other services that are very fast too, but not sure if it's fast for SG users since we are thousands of KM away.
Just ask for trial accounts to see first before deciding.

Last edited by testerjp; 29-08-2017 at 12:08 AM..
Old 28-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #589
Master Member

Not gonna deny both ub and evpad do mac id blacklisting but so far i dont have such problems with my ubox and i know people who continually have been using their gen 2 boxes till this day. So can we say conclusively that their so called "lifetime usage" is B.S.? Depends on which side of the fence you are on lor. But lets be realistic, as long the box able to last more than 18 months already worth the price you paid. Anything more can be considered a bonus.

End of the day, you got good experience with deke and you choose to continue subbing with them then you happy can liao lor. Other ppl want to buy ubox or evpad also their own prerogative.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:44 PM   #590
Master Member

To tag on to the discussion about reliability, for those who didnt know, Small 7(小七盒子), a kind of iptv box similar to ub or evpad, has ceased service for their proprietary live tv app since about 1mth ago. They have deleted their FB page and their website has been changed to nothing more than just a main page with all broken links. Supposedly, this was a Taiwan product with servers based overseas so they are not affected by any mainland china crackdowns. All signs point that most probably the operators already fold up and run road. So again, for best quality and reliability, stick to stinktel or suckhub. For everything else there's always an element of risk involved.
Old 29-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #591

I got the bing thing sometimes, just need to do clean up of memory will solve the issue.
ragegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #592
Master Member

Hi ferocity, today a seller at Aliexpress got promotion. EVPad Plus USD180 including shipping. Good deal?
Hey bro, i dropped you a pm with regards to how much the shop at sim lim is selling evpad for. Do check it out.
260Wolskel likes this.
Old 30-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #593

Hey guys. saw the china shop in qoo10 selling ubox for cheaper. Is there any difference between china and sg model other than warranty and can it be used in english?

Any risk buying from china?

Thanks.
ElZedHaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #594
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought mine from China from Ub website directly, last time sg don't have any resellers.
Think they have some boxes that were cracked so better to buy from authorised source.
Old 31-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #595

Drop by Comex briefly during lunch time. Many IPTV box seller on 6th floor. There is a big booth near entrance seller UB4 at $188. Did not stop to ask anything cos I already ordered EV+ online.
260Wolskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #596
Supremacy Member

bought the UB3 at $138 since no want the phone function

installed some apps but most have poor resolution even at HD

Still trying to figure out which app has Discovery channels

try playing my FHD mkv files ... again using apps, poor performance

where to get a media play like the good old AC Ryan mini 2 which can play movies direct?
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #597
Arch-Supremacy Member

ublive (or liveTV) is the app to use on the ubox. all other apps are fluff.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:33 PM   #598
Master Member

ublive (or liveTV) is the app to use on the ubox. all other apps are fluff.
And you would be surprised how some of these other "fluff" apps have better quality content than ubtv and uvod. Some of the sources ub uses are just downright terrible.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #599
Greater Supremacy Member

Hello all, which isp most stable for ublock?

MyRepublic? Or SingTel?
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #600
Arch-Supremacy Member

With all the ubox crap, avoid it. Just bought Evpad plus, let's see how it performs.
Alphas is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.