HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #676

if i intend to watch mainly soccer (EPL & UCL) and US channels, which box should i get? UBOX or EVPAD?
Old 19-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #677
Master Member

if i intend to watch mainly soccer (EPL & UCL) and US channels, which box should i get? UBOX or EVPAD?
None of the abv. The last thing you want to do is to pay a couple hundred bucks for these type of boxes just for watching specific stuff. I have said it before multiple times. EPL matches on wkends are totally unwatchable on ubox. Either the channels dont load at all or they load but rebuffer every 5-6 seconds. Another point is that the channel picture quality are very poor. There are free apps out there that stream matches with better picture quality and stability. You are better off getting a cheap android box and install these free to use apps but i wont go into specifics here.
Old 19-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #678

None of the abv. The last thing you want to do is to pay a couple hundred bucks for these type of boxes just for watching specific stuff. I have said it before multiple times. EPL matches on wkends are totally unwatchable on ubox. Either the channels dont load at all or they load but rebuffer every 5-6 seconds. Another point is that the channel picture quality are very poor. There are free apps out there that stream matches with better picture quality and stability. You are better off getting a cheap android box and install these free to use apps but i wont go into specifics here.
thanks for the reply. what abt US channels?
Old 19-10-2017, 11:43 PM   #679
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the reply. what abt US channels?
Ubox is mainly a chinese/asia programme-centric box for foreign chinese. No live US TV it.
Old 20-10-2017, 12:32 AM   #680
Master Member

Ubox is mainly a chinese/asia programme-centric box for foreign chinese. No live US TV it.
If he is talking about common US cable tv channels like HBO, Nat Geo, History, Discovery etc, yes unblock and evpad have it. But sources are mainly from Taiwan, Middle East or South Asia cable operators so programming and subs may differ. Evpad has a dedicated app for North American channels so some less common channels might be found there.
Old 20-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #681
Master Member

Ubox gen 4 selling for $129 at Shopee flash deal. Local seller with free delivery or self collection at sim lim tower. Price valid till 6pm or when allocated sets are sold out.
Saddler likes this.
Old 20-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #682
Master Member

Ubox gen 4 selling for $129 at Shopee flash deal. Local seller with free delivery or self collection at sim lim tower. Price valid till 6pm or when allocated sets are sold out.
Cheap meh.

Old 20-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #683
Master Member

Cheap meh.
You can find cheaper by all means share with us here. I rem you are the guy who claimed you saw ubox being sold for HKD$88 in hong kong. So bought any sets back to flip?

Last edited by ferocity; 20-10-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Old 20-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #684
Master Member

You can find cheaper by all means share with us here. I rem you are the guy who claimed you saw ubox being sold for HKD$88 in hong kong. So bought any sets back to flip?
don't like that lah, should be seen wrongly. after thinking where got so cheap meh.
Old 20-10-2017, 05:56 PM   #685

Got leh, lazada was selling gen3 bluetooth at $41. That was a few month back. Ppl got a couple of set from there to flip
Old 20-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #686
Master Member

Got leh, lazada was selling gen3 bluetooth at $41. That was a few month back. Ppl got a couple of set from there to flip
Everyday xmas. Everyday lazada selling gen 3 for $41. Wake me up when they selling for $41 again ok.......ZZZZzzzzzz........
Old 21-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #687

Are you guys still using UBOX? I give up after 5 months trial and go back to cable as my son always complains that education channel is offline very often and waste his precise TV time.
BTW UBVOD is very laggy these few months and not watchable, do you face this problem?
Old 21-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #688
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are you guys still using UBOX? I give up after 5 months trial and go back to cable as my son always complains that education channel is offline very often and waste his precise TV time.
BTW UBVOD is very laggy these few months and not watchable, do you face this problem?
You should had tried a trial of a paid service like Deke before u give it up. 2 months of subscription with cable can pay for a year sub with them.

There are other services at the other iptv thread which are cheaper but the PQ is a little lower if you are okay.
Old 21-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #689
Master Member

they just fixed the problem for ubvod, should be quite smooth, the HQ is of better quality too.

what education channels are you talking?
Old 22-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #690

You should had tried a trial of a paid service like Deke before u give it up. 2 months of subscription with cable can pay for a year sub with them.

There are other services at the other iptv thread which are cheaper but the PQ is a little lower if you are okay.
Does Deke provide program schedule like StarHub? any recording service?

I am OK with UB live TV as I can get TV program from TW website, but my son does not like it and he likes to record those documentual from H2 and watch again and again, I need History , H2, Discovery, TLC etc. only few channel only.

Last edited by oldman1881; 30-10-2017 at 06:10 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.