HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #781
Master Member

You can't. Only mibox international and nvidia shield have chomecast receiver.

Nonetheless, you can use other casting methods. Whatever you do, remember not to miracast or mirror streaming video.
Oic, tks.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #782
Honorary Member

Anyone know where to download the app for web VOD for ubox gen4? Thank you
anyone? Thank you
Old 22-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #783

Don't think that it is so bad.

The channels are not full HD, but most of them are better than SD, some are 720p.
Is this due to some setting I did not do on the ubox, or that is how the stream quality is like? Sorry very new to this Android box thing.

Last edited by mimimomo; 22-12-2017 at 02:46 PM..
Old 22-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #784
Master Member

Is this due to some setting I did not do on the ubox, or that is how the stream quality is like? Sorry very new to this Android box thing.
what is your tv model no? what is the max resolution of the tv?
Old 22-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #785

set the output to manual 1080p or 1080i, if still cannot, try 720p.
Thanks, but I've tried the mentioned.
still cannot..
Old 22-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #786
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there any apps that can run rss videos without mouse?

Trying to set for some elderlies on their TV box.
Old 23-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #787
Banned

Anyway to get channels with English speaking?
Old 24-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #788

what is your tv model no? what is the max resolution of the tv?
It's a Samsung series 7 LED, UA40C7000. Max resolution should be 1920 x 1080 60Hz according to the manual.
Another issue I face is when I'm navigating between menu options, the screen will go on and off constantly, with the error message from ubox "HDMI is plugged out/ in". Not a cable issue as once the stream starts, the error doesn't appear
Old 24-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #789
Master Member

It's a Samsung series 7 LED, UA40C7000. Max resolution should be 1920 x 1080 60Hz according to the manual.
Another issue I face is when I'm navigating between menu options, the screen will go on and off constantly, with the error message from ubox "HDMI is plugged out/ in". Not a cable issue as once the stream starts, the error doesn't appear
set the box to 720p 50hz
Old 25-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #790

Just received my Ubox Gen 4 yesterday, and was rather disappointed (maybe cos my expectations was too high). Here's why,
- video quality was mostly poor (it says HD, but are either SD or worse)
- Most int'l channels are dubbed in Mandarin (Disney, Nick JR. etc.). Main purpose of my Ubox was to let me kid enjoy his animations, this kind of defeat the purpose
- Laggy and unstable connection. Can't complain about this as this is tied to their server. I'm also trying to boost my Internet connection since its on WiFi now. Using Starhub fiber, and apparently only"Port 1" on the Nucleus Connect modem allows Internet connection, and I'm using Port 1 for another room.

Would welcome any tips and tricks, or "hacks" from the pros here who had an Ubox
most of the live TV programms are from TW, even Discovery Channel etc, it is a TW version discovery channel. some programms are ASIA version. it is tough to watch specific shows, you need to check the TW cable's schedule.
Old 25-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #791

Received the latest evpad plus, the live TV quality is about the same as htv. Not as laggy as UB.
Not as good as deke but the quality is good enough.

The higher specs and android version allows me to install almost any apps with no problem. I won't consider any android 4.4 n below since they have problem with the latest version of kodi.
The startup time is pretty fast.

Besides the native evpad app for live TV and vod, the seller also installed alot of additional apps.
Now I've so many sources for drama and movies. Very good for users who don't wish to think too much. Also includes the air mouse which is very useful for browsing mobile phone version apps.

UI is not bad, those elderlies or technophobic should be able to use the device well.

The Google store is already there, there's the evpad store too.

What's amazing is the service of the local seller. Prompt and enthusiastic.
The price is even cheaper than the official seller from Aliexpress.

I'll highly recommend this box above the rest atm.
Is it? live TV is better than UBTV? I heard there are using same souce, they outsource the TV and VOD service to other company. how many channels does EVPAD have?
Old 25-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #792

Anyone is using UBVOD these few days?
Watching 初来乍到 these few days, and feel very laggy, but other latest shows is OK, because it is a old show?
Old 25-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #793
Master Member

Anyone is using UBVOD these few days?
Watching 初来乍到 these few days, and feel very laggy, but other latest shows is OK, because it is a old show?
because you are the first singapore ubvod user for this show.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #794

Hi Guys,

i bought a UNBLOCK Tech MEDIA TV BOX UBTV Gen3 BLUETOOTH S900 earlier this year, sometimes it is ok. But many times it is very laggy and unstable. Totally ruins the watching tv experience. I really want to get this back to the seller but was busy with work

Now I got back to Qoo where the seller used to sell it, he is no longer selling anymore. Anyone has more Ideas what I can do? Is there a official distributer for this Unblock Tech?

Or is there any ways to make this thing very stable, even if just afew channels?

Thanks for reading
Old 28-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #795
Master Member

Hi Guys,

i bought a UNBLOCK Tech MEDIA TV BOX UBTV Gen3 BLUETOOTH S900 earlier this year, sometimes it is ok. But many times it is very laggy and unstable. Totally ruins the watching tv experience. I really want to get this back to the seller but was busy with work

Now I got back to Qoo where the seller used to sell it, he is no longer selling anymore. Anyone has more Ideas what I can do? Is there a official distributer for this Unblock Tech?

Or is there any ways to make this thing very stable, even if just afew channels?

Thanks for reading
Just do a factory reset and reinstall the app from the app market.
Remember not to install too many apps.

The live tv and VOD are quite stable for the last few weeks.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.