HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #91
Master Member

I saw the auction, never use auction before, can we just pay 129 to buy it or must wait for auction end? or we can walk in their shop in SLS to buy it directly?
BTW, how do they control the UBTV? just use MAC address?
or some kind of series number?
The auction uses the instant draw system, meaning once per day you can participate in the drawing of lots with a 50/50 chance of winning or not winning a slot. If you win a slot, you have 24hrs to make payment and complete the purchase of the box @ $129. You can choose delivery or self collection of the box. DO NOT proceed down to buy the box directly from the shop as shop price is often much more expensive than online price. The unblock apps are bounded to the box through mac id.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #92

The auction uses the instant draw system, meaning once per day you can participate in the drawing of lots with a 50/50 chance of winning or not winning a slot. If you win a slot, you have 24hrs to make payment and complete the purchase of the box @ $129. You can choose delivery or self collection of the box. DO NOT proceed down to buy the box directly from the shop as shop price is often much more expensive than online price. The unblock apps are bounded to the box through mac id.
so easy to bid? just one try to get.
BTW heard from in the show last time that UBTV has limited activation period now, only one year? anybody notice that?

and also find out this, is it a good buy?
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/UNBLOCK-TE...NELS/492275320

Last edited by oldman1881; 09-03-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Old 09-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #93
Master Member

so easy to bid? just one try to get.
BTW heard from in the show last time that UBTV has limited activation period now, only one year? anybody notice that?

and also find out this, is it a good buy?
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/UNBLOCK-TE...NELS/492275320
No.....its lifetime. Dont know where you get the impression that its only 1 year. People have been using the box for the best part of 2 to 3 years. The black version though $30 cheaper, has less ram, less storage space and no bluetooth. Get it if you solely want the box for the streaming apps as the box is practically useless for everything else.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #94
Master Member

No.....its lifetime. Dont know where you get the impression that its only 1 year. People have been using the box for the best part of 2 to 3 years. The black version though $30 cheaper, has less ram, less storage space and no bluetooth. Get it if you solely want the box for the streaming apps as the box is practically useless for everything else.
It might be good to use it solely for iptv, and it will last longer

Add another $50 and get you a reasonably good box from nexbox with S905x, 2G/8G.

Total $149
Old 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #95

Thanks for your advice.

I checked the spec for white and black version, it seems that the only difference is 8G vs 16G and no Bluetooth.
Does Pro version provide Bluetooth remote controller? if the Bluetooth is used for game controller, then I think 1G ram is tough to play the game.
Does this Bluetooth support wireless earpieces?
Also Bluetooth sticker is 20 RMB only from TB.
I think it is worth to buy Pro version if it has 2G+ Ram.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #96
Master Member

Thanks for your advice.

I checked the spec for white and black version, it seems that the only difference is 8G vs 16G and no Bluetooth.
Does Pro version provide Bluetooth remote controller? if the Bluetooth is used for game controller, then I think 1G ram is tough to play the game.
Does this Bluetooth support wireless earpieces?
Also Bluetooth sticker is 20 RMB only from TB.
I think it is worth to buy Pro version if it has 2G+ Ram.
The black version only has 512mb ram. Go check youtube videos for the black box running benchmark software. Also, its on older version of android(4.4.2) compared to the white box(5.1) although this doesnt make much of a difference. Same remote for all versions of ubox. You cant add bluetooth support onto a non-bluetooth box by sticking a bluetooth dongle onto the box. It doesnt work this way. I also want my tv boxes to come with 3gm ram/32gb rom and must be dirt cheap with apps that work flawlessly for 24/7 but i cant always have my cake and eat it.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #97

The black version only has 512mb ram. Go check youtube videos for the black box running benchmark software. Also, its on older version of android(4.4.2) compared to the white box(5.1) although this doesnt make much of a difference. Same remote for all versions of ubox. You cant add bluetooth support onto a non-bluetooth box by sticking a bluetooth dongle onto the box. It doesnt work this way. I also want my tv boxes to come with 3gm ram/32gb rom and must be dirt cheap with apps that work flawlessly for 24/7 but i cant always have my cake and eat it.
yes, you are right, the black version is 512M ram and 4.4, confirmed through a reseller from China, and the seller ValueBest Asia sell for 99 does does not reply, a JS,hehe.
BTW, this 129 box is export set, what does this export set mean? heard there are two versions only, global and HK version, no export version.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #98
Master Member

What app other than 电视猫 is good for movies like Xmen, lala land with English subtitles ?
Old 13-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #99

What app other than 电视猫 is good for movies like Xmen, lala land with English subtitles ?
I do prefer to offline download to Baidu net disk and watch from there, able to find out all movies.

Movies from these apps is very limited。
Old 13-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #100
Master Member

I do prefer to offline download to Baidu net disk and watch from there, able to find out all movies.

Movies from these apps is very limited。
Thank you.
Was hoping can skip the downloading step.
Old 14-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #101

Hi guys, i am planning to get a android box. Is there a big differences in performances between the gen 2 & gen 3 unblock tech box? Etc buffing speed, lagging issue. Thanks!
Old 14-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #102

Thank you.
Was hoping can skip the downloading step.
Offline download, you do not need to down to your harddisk.
Find out Magnet link or BT seed, offline download to Baidu netdisk, then play from the netdisk directly,it is your priviate collection, much better to watch from apps like 电视猫。
Old 14-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #103
Supremacy Member

Dont recommend getting ubox for now because their servers are way too congested, causing their livetv app channels to take forever to load. After loading, it will randomly stutter or the channel will just stop entirely and you will need to reload or log in to the app again. Same goes to their vod app where the movies will rebuffer every 10-15 seconds. Can go check out their official fb page which is filled with nothing but complains. Anyway, unblock claims they will be adding new servers by the end of this month, which "should" solve the lag problems but we shall see then. For now, no point buying and adding on to the congestion.
Old 15-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #104
Supremacy Member

Can't seem to win the qoo10 auction for ubox is it normal to fail like 6 times in a row?
Old 15-03-2017, 05:55 AM   #105

Kodi has quite a few add-ons that are good for movies. Some even have 4k content but your internet must be power enough

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.