Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman1881

Reaction score
So unlock s900 pro are all non rooted, geektv on the other hand is rooted and i heard rooted tvbox are more vulneable to 3rd party apk that can harm a rooted tvbox.
Any recommended app for unblock gen3 and the app normally get from what source more secured. Currently getting app from sofa and appmarket.

Do you plan to use ubox to pay your bill or access bank account? If not you donot need to worry about root or none root.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any body here is using Netflix? Do u play through ubox? I cannot play it even in HD quality, how about your guys?

If you want to play netflix better than 480p, you have to use one of the licensed boxes or android TV. examples of licensed boxes are: nvidia shield, firetv, mibox international...etc

Trees

Reaction score
Unblock 3 media player English firmware.

Hi, I got mine through Qoo10. Everything is in Chinese and I cannot read the language. Is there any way that I can flash English firmware? Thanks in advance.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi, I got mine through Qoo10. Everything is in Chinese and I cannot read the language. Is there any way that I can flash English firmware? Thanks in advance.

Do not need English firmware.
First method: Chang language to English in setup, reinstall the ubtv, vod, and all these apps you want change, then will be in Engkish.
Second method: reset to factory default, reboot,select English in first screen, then it will be in English.
Some China apps don't Have English version.

oldman1881

Reaction score
So far i have bought quite a few unit from that shop since rk3066 Tv dongle era. So far satisfied with their service. They can give you advise and tips on the products. At once, i passed my ubox to one of my relatives and she did not how to use it, i was too busy that time, so i asked her to go there for a "training" LoL
So far i am happpy with although sometimes like mrt got service disruptions. LoL
Anyway, i am currently using another box call evpad. It is also came with 1k plus channels, vod and special version kodi by default. The Hk, Tw, korea, Japan and m'sia are having better quality vs ublock m'sia channels are not in full screen. Last, beware of those well renovated prc shop with many big screen on display if you wanted to buy in sim lim

Can you help to check the resolution of EV pad? I check the UBox3 using antutu, it shows 1280x720, open 4K tv testing chart and feel even worse than my old 1080P box.

oldman1881

Reaction score
saw some vendors are charging 30 SGD to install the KODI. KODI installation and setup is not so difficult as they mentioned. Share some tips with your guys here:

1. install the kodi from play store (v17) or danbei (v16)
2. visit website www.tvaddons.ag, there are some step by step guides:
https://www.tvaddons.ag/kodi-addons-krypton/
follow the instruction and enjoy.
there are few thousands of add-ons, and some of them are not working.
just install few of them: Exodus for movies and tv shows, cCloud TV for live, and some sport channels. if you want chinese addons then go to international->chinese.
just few click, it is done

Last edited:

rohanneil

Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone know how to increase storage space? When i play popcorn time, some movies unable to load because not enough internal storage. I tried using a thumb drive but cannot select it for storage. Only internal storage space can be selected. Any help is appreciated.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone know how to increase storage space? When i play popcorn time, some movies unable to load because not enough internal storage. I tried using a thumb drive but cannot select it for storage. Only internal storage space can be selected. Any help is appreciated.
I have same problem, tried tf card also not working, but it works with my handy and pad.for time being, u must clean the cache very often, and most of the movie is 720p, so 1.5 g free space should by enough.

Last edited:

liverpoolz

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the uvod app working for you guys?
When I watch halfway, it will auto restart the show.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The current popvod app is being replaced with a new app in the ubmarket called Uvod. Basically functions the same but with a slicker interface, updated with search function and the ability to choose between sd or hd quality where available.

jenhuei

Reaction score
cant seems to access to the VIP movie page for the latest unblock update with the uvod.

1818 doesnt seems to work.

10DeeQ

Reaction score
hi, so i bought this singapore set gen 3 box early this year
the purpose for me is only to watch channel 5 and channel 8 singapore from here in Indonesia.
i only use the original app that comes with it the UBTV
and it's been worknig fine watching channel 8 and 5 .
but starting from last week, i can't watch it anymore,
it doesnt give me any error, but on the screen it;s always shows 0kb/s
other channel from other countries works well, only channel 5 and 8 singapore not working.
can some one give me solution for this ?

i tried to install instant tv like the one i installed on my iphone to watch ch 5 nad ch8
but there's no instant tv app on the google play store,
so can anybody help ?
thank you.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, so i bought this singapore set gen 3 box early this year
the purpose for me is only to watch channel 5 and channel 8 singapore from here in Indonesia.
i only use the original app that comes with it the UBTV
and it's been worknig fine watching channel 8 and 5 .
but starting from last week, i can't watch it anymore,
it doesnt give me any error, but on the screen it;s always shows 0kb/s
other channel from other countries works well, only channel 5 and 8 singapore not working.
can some one give me solution for this ?

Channel down = unblock server side problem. Can only wait for them to fix it, if and when. Nobody here has a solution for this since it affects all the users:s22:. Only thing you can do is feedback to their facebook about which channels are down and hopefully they would take note and perform maintenance on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.