HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #121
Master Member

Just to check does channel u loads for you?
My box cannot seem to load channel u and set du hui.
Just wonder is it the same.
If a channel doesnt load, then its down for everybody and not just unique to your box only. But yes, channel u is down in the ubtv app. Channels in the malaysia section are pretty unstable and they often remain down pending maintenance from unblock.
liverpoolz likes this.
Old 16-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #122
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ask you all ah, where do you all get your Unblock TV? I can find many sellers online and found a shop in SLS selling that (#03-65) but not sure whom to trust
Old 16-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #123

Dont recommend getting ubox for now because their servers are way too congested, causing their livetv app channels to take forever to load. After loading, it will randomly stutter or the channel will just stop entirely and you will need to reload or log in to the app again. Same goes to their vod app where the movies will rebuffer every 10-15 seconds. Can go check out their official fb page which is filled with nothing but complains. Anyway, unblock claims they will be adding new servers by the end of this month, which "should" solve the lag problems but we shall see then. For now, no point buying and adding on to the congestion.
just got yesterday!!! so far OK for me these two days.
Old 16-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #124

where to get 4K contents? trying Netflix now, they have some 4K contents but most of them are their own contents, no big movies.
anyone can advise?
Old 16-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #125
Supremacy Member

Just saw Aljunied road side stall selling S$99 for this UnBlock 3rd generation streaming box....
Old 16-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #126

Just saw Aljunied road side stall selling S$99 for this UnBlock 3rd generation streaming box....
Legit? That's cheap... cheapest I saw so far is in Lazda.. around $120 to $135, but seems like they are unauthorized seller.

Has anyone compared this with Nvidia Shield TV? I have the Viewqwest 4k TV and the interface is very slow.

Last edited by mojoe; 16-03-2017 at 06:03 PM..
Old 16-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #127
Master Member

Legit? That's cheap... cheapest I saw so far is in Lazda.. around $120 to $135, but seems like they are unauthorized seller.

Has anyone compared this with Nvidia Shield TV? I have the Viewqwest 4k TV and the interface is very slow.
Nvidia shield specs is one of the best.
But no live subscription that comes with it. You may have to subscribe or install other apps yourself. If you are sophisticated user, I think that will be a better choice.
Old 16-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #128

The app assigned to Popular and favorite sections can not be changed ?
Can anyone advise? Thanks.

BTW found one 4k section from letv,Are these real 4k contents ?
Old 16-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #129
Master Member

No basis at all for comparison. Essentially ubox you are paying 1 time lifetime subscription fee for their live tv and vod apps bundled onto a tv box. Hardware specs and multimedia playback capability for the box itself are mediocre. On the other hand, Nvidia shield tv box is one of the best in the market in terms of sepcs and media playback but its more for advanced users who know how to go about getting the most out of the box.
Old 16-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #130
Master Member

The app assigned to Popular and favorite sections can not be changed ?
Can anyone advise? Thanks.

BTW found one 4k section from letv,Are these real 4k contents ?
Popular section are apps recommended from unblock to install. Those cant be changed. Favorite section can be deleted and changed to your choosing but dont think it can be done on the default unblock remote. You need an airmouse or normal mouse with left-right click buttons. Scroll to whichever icon you want to change, right click it and a pop-up will appear saying do you want to delete. Click yes and the icon slot will be empty now. Click on the empty slot and a drop down list of available app icons will appear. Select whatever and it will be assigned to the slot now.

Define "real" 4k? Nobody in their right mind will stream unaltered uncompressed 4k movies over the net as the file size is just way too big. A bluray uhd movie disc contains at the very least 20-30 gb of data. Even then, if you want to get technical, alot of those bluray uhd movies are shot in 2k then upscaled to 4k, barring exceptions like "the revenant" which was shot in 6k then down-sampled to 4k. Whatever 4k movies or drama you see being streamed on netflix, kodi or other apps are mostly upscaled or compressed media. Are these "real" 4k as you said? Not technically. As for me, i watch 10-bit hevc 1080p movies on my 4k tv and they look good enough for me.
If you want "real" 4k content then go get a 4k bluray player and uhd bluray movie discs.
Old 17-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #131
Master Member

My unblock box keep buffering especially the vod.
Will stop halfway when watching...
Argh...
anyone also faces this problem?
Old 17-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #132

Ask you all ah, where do you all get your Unblock TV? I can find many sellers online and found a shop in SLS selling that (#03-65) but not sure whom to trust
So far i have bought quite a few unit from that shop since rk3066 Tv dongle era. So far satisfied with their service. They can give you advise and tips on the products. At once, i passed my ubox to one of my relatives and she did not how to use it, i was too busy that time, so i asked her to go there for a "training" LoL
So far i am happpy with although sometimes like mrt got service disruptions. LoL
Anyway, i am currently using another box call evpad. It is also came with 1k plus channels, vod and special version kodi by default. The Hk, Tw, korea, Japan and m'sia are having better quality vs ublock m'sia channels are not in full screen. Last, beware of those well renovated prc shop with many big screen on display if you wanted to buy in sim lim
Old 17-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #133
Arch-Supremacy Member

So far i have bought quite a few unit from that shop since rk3066 Tv dongle era. So far satisfied with their service. They can give you advise and tips on the products. At once, i passed my ubox to one of my relatives and she did not how to use it, i was too busy that time, so i asked her to go there for a "training" LoL
So far i am happpy with although sometimes like mrt got service disruptions. LoL
Anyway, i am currently using another box call evpad. It is also came with 1k plus channels, vod and special version kodi by default. The Hk, Tw, korea, Japan and m'sia are having better quality vs ublock m'sia channels are not in full screen. Last, beware of those well renovated prc shop with many big screen on display if you wanted to buy in sim lim
Thanks for your info! Do they sell the evpad you mentioned too?
Old 17-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #134

Thanks for your info! Do they sell the evpad you mentioned too?
During my last visit about 3weeks ago was told that got no stock and should be replenished in 2 weeks time. I think by now they should have the stock. But my friend not willing to wait, end up bought an ubox.
Old 17-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #135
Arch-Supremacy Member

During my last visit about 3weeks ago was told that got no stock and should be replenished in 2 weeks time. I think by now they should have the stock. But my friend not willing to wait, end up bought an ubox.
They as in which shop? Are you referring to #03-65 also?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.