HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2019, 01:01 AM   #136
Master Member

but nvidia shield dun have any app to watch the so call free 1000 live channel leh
You can pay for IPTV package if you want to go that route.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...055948-11.html

Or you can get things free by searching for apps online. For example you can search for m3u list from github and other places to get many more channels but just take note that the links change very fast.

I am not suggesting to go either route though. Ubox and EVpad exist for a good reason. If you are happy with them, enjoy.
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #137
Master Member

but nvidia shield dun have any app to watch the so call free 1000 live channel leh
why do you want to pay $$$ for the 'free 1000 live channel'?
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #138

Hi,
Any one flash their Gen 2 S800 UBox before?

Few month didn't touch the box, when I turn on today, it hangs at the logo banner. I have tried power down, power up again and waited for 30 mins, tried the reset button, but all doesn't seems to work.

I wechat unblocktech, they sent me a file to flash it, but it specifically need a desktop (I don't know why they say laptop wont work). I only have a macbook.
So i wonder if I just copy the s800xxxx.img file into the sdcard and out into the box without using that phoenix software to burn into the sdcard, does it works???

thanks
Old 17-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #139
Master Member

Hi,
Any one flash their Gen 2 S800 UBox before?

Few month didn't touch the box, when I turn on today, it hangs at the logo banner. I have tried power down, power up again and waited for 30 mins, tried the reset button, but all doesn't seems to work.

I wechat unblocktech, they sent me a file to flash it, but it specifically need a desktop (I don't know why they say laptop wont work). I only have a macbook.
So i wonder if I just copy the s800xxxx.img file into the sdcard and out into the box without using that phoenix software to burn into the sdcard, does it works???

thanks
you need to use phoenix software.

laptop should work too, better chance with win7 or older windows.
Old 17-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #140

you need to use phoenix software.

laptop should work too, better chance with win7 or older windows.
I tried to run phoenix apps in my laptop running on Win7 but there's nothing coming out when I click on that phoenix card.exe

I msg ublocktech on WeChat they says must use desktop, I asked what's the different to laptop , he only said got a little difference ... haiz!!!

Any workout solution?

thanks
Old 17-12-2019, 11:46 PM   #141
Master Member

Try dl the phoenix urself. I encounter before. Theirs dun work but self download works
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #142
Master Member

I tried to run phoenix apps in my laptop running on Win7 but there's nothing coming out when I click on that phoenix card.exe

I msg ublocktech on WeChat they says must use desktop, I asked what's the different to laptop , he only said got a little difference ... haiz!!!

Any workout solution?

thanks
how many files do you have for phoenix besides .exe?
Old 18-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #143
Master Member

Any workout solution?

thanks

sent u a PM on the 1 i use which works well. u try
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #144

how many files do you have for phoenix besides .exe?
There are a lot of other files like .dll bla bla bla....
Old 20-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #145
Master Member

There are a lot of other files like .dll bla bla bla....
you have to put all the files into the same folder.

if still cannot work, google for phoenixcard, download a few versions to try.
Old 20-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #146

sent u a PM on the 1 i use which works well. u try
I use the phoenix-card.exe sent by ublock and all other files from you (beacuse I can't find any executable file in your folder), I am able to see the phoenix windows on my laptop.
I burnt the s800-160127-s.img into the SDCARD. It shows successs. but I check the card with explorer, it doesn't shows any file and the card is totally empty.

is this correct?

thanks
Old 20-12-2019, 05:38 PM   #147
Master Member

I use the phoenix-card.exe sent by ublock and all other files from you (beacuse I can't find any executable file in your folder), I am able to see the phoenix windows on my laptop.
I burnt the s800-160127-s.img into the SDCARD. It shows successs. but I check the card with explorer, it doesn't shows any file and the card is totally empty.

is this correct?

thanks
window can't read the card formatted by phoenixcard, it is normal. (why need phoenix card software if it is using standard disk format )

if you can't burn firmware using the sdcard, you may have to try other phoenix card options when making the sdcard.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 20-12-2019 at 05:40 PM..
Old 23-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #148

EVPad 3S Questions

Check the EVPad master here:

I intend to buy EVPad 3S TV Box:

1. Can it play movie files from external hardisk? Do I need to install apps to run or there already is apps come with the box to play those files? If need to isntall apps, which one?

2. To run on wifi, do I need to install external (USB) antenna or it has built in antenna?

3. Generally is 2.4G wifi is good enough?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #149
Master Member

Check the EVPad master here:

I intend to buy EVPad 3S TV Box:

1. Can it play movie files from external hardisk? Do I need to install apps to run or there already is apps come with the box to play those files? If need to isntall apps, which one?

2. To run on wifi, do I need to install external (USB) antenna or it has built in antenna?

3. Generally is 2.4G wifi is good enough?

Thanks in advance.
if you want to run from external harddisk, a cheap $40 box is good enough, some even better than evpad.
Old 23-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #150

if you want to run from external harddisk, a cheap $40 box is good enough, some even better than evpad.
A. Any recommendation for this kind of box?

B. IF I still want watch those show in EVPad 3S, Q1, Q2 & Q3?

Thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.