HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #151
Master Member

I use the phoenix-card.exe sent by ublock and all other files from you (beacuse I can't find any executable file in your folder), I am able to see the phoenix windows on my laptop.
I burnt the s800-160127-s.img into the SDCARD. It shows successs. but I check the card with explorer, it doesn't shows any file and the card is totally empty.

is this correct?

thanks
sorry miss out on your message. yes it should work. just insert the SD card and start your box. it should load by itself and show successful once done.
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #152

Check the EVPad master here:

I intend to buy EVPad 3S TV Box:

1. Can it play movie files from external hardisk? Do I need to install apps to run or there already is apps come with the box to play those files? If need to isntall apps, which one?

2. To run on wifi, do I need to install external (USB) antenna or it has built in antenna?

3. Generally is 2.4G wifi is good enough?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone? Thanks.
Old 25-12-2019, 12:22 AM   #153
Master Member

Anyone? Thanks.
Evpad box, or any android tv box for that matter, can directly play movies from any connected external storage(thumb drive, ext. hdd, sd card etc.). Android systems come with default movie player app installed but its not that good. Recommend to install and use 3rd party app like MX player instead, which is available within the evpad app store.

Evpad boxes dont require external antenna for wifi. Using 5g wifi on my 3pro and its very stable and reception is good even though my box is in the bedroom and router is in living room separated by 1 concrete wall. Generally 2.4g wifi speeds should be sufficient for streaming.
whitesand likes this.

Last edited by ferocity; 25-12-2019 at 12:34 AM..
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #154
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all evpad users

Just brought a samsung qled tv and learnt that the samsung remote can be programmed to control android tv boxes as well, however evpad is not under the listed brand when trying to setup the ONEREMOTE function. Anyone have luck how to use samsung remote to control evpad?
sgbdk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #155

Hi, Im a nobb in IT stuff. Bought an evbox plus. However the output on my tv is lopsided to the right. Any advise on how to adjust the output? Thanks
Nobb44k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:47 PM   #156

Hi experts,
i have an evpad 2s+, was very good until it start lagging recently. anyone also experience the same thing? anyway on how to fix it?
Sorry if I ask any silly questions, I'm not so good in this area
My old Ubox kenna block alr so I got the evpad

Last edited by zeblues; 08-01-2020 at 12:35 AM..
zeblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #157

how long your tv box last before change new one? wondering if its time for a new one?
zeblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:45 AM   #158
Supremacy Member

Hi experts,
i have an evpad 2s+, was very good until it start lagging recently. anyone also experience the same thing? anyway on how to fix it?
Sorry if I ask any silly questions, I'm not so good in this area
My old Ubox kenna block alr so I got the evpad
For your EVpad 2S+, you can try the following.
1) uninstall all the apps you installed yourself
2) reinstall the EVpad live TV and VOD apps, new apps are called Saturn Live and Saturn VOD.
Ref: https://youtu.be/gmd4V4I_YnU
You may want to watch the videos in this channel for troubleshooting and updating EVpad and Ubox.

3) If the above two do not help, try factory reset

For your old UBox, try change DNS to unblock.

Last edited by xiaofan; 08-01-2020 at 07:51 AM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #159
Supremacy Member

how long your tv box last before change new one? wondering if its time for a new one?
If you buy the right box, you do not really need to change box so often, at least 3-4 years are no problem.

For example if you bought Mi Box Global version MDZ-16-AB in 2016, it is still good now. If you buy Mvidia Shield TV in 2015, it is still a top notch box now.

And for old EVpad and Ubox, you should still be able to use them as well as long as the HW are not broken. The two companies are probably the best among the preloaded boxes vendors since they are still supporting the old boxes, unlike those preloaded boxes sold in shopping centres or Facebook groups.

Still if you want to buy new UBox or new EVpad, then buy those with 2GB RAM or more. Among them EVpad 3S is probably the cheapest and then EVpad 3. Upro S and EVpad 3 Plus as well as EVpad 3 Max are probably more expensive and not really necessary if you mainly run the built-in live TV and VOD apps.

Last edited by xiaofan; 08-01-2020 at 08:02 AM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:35 PM   #160
Master Member

i am still using S800 Plus from i think 2015? cant rmb. everything still working well and still updates to my Live TV application. of course no upgrade of andriod firmware (still at andriod 4.4) but for me i only use the Live TV app.

good enough for me.
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #161
Supremacy Member

Have been using ACryan mini HD box to watch mkv for many years.
finally it died, suspected power issue.
ordered Mecool KM9 pro just to playback 4K. Yet to receive, hope its good.
Currently using PC to playback 4k file with VLC and Kodi and set audio to pass thru. Old denon 3313 showed "Digital/Dobly/DTS surround" instead of the usual Audyssey
Iyarash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #162
Supremacy Member

wow, mecool km9 pro ordered on 01 Jan, today already delivered!
it reached SG on Monday. Super fast.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #163
Supremacy Member

Quick setup and test of the KM9 pro. So far so good.
Able to play my 4K mkv files 15gb-55gb on external HDD smoothly on my FHD tv
voice remote able to understand my england ...
audio pass thru detected by old denon as Audyssey DSX... great!
suspect my PC HDMI cable is the lower grade huan .. need to change

ACRyan player can RIP.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #164

Anyone using the EVPAD 3s? Can confirm if the live channels look like lower quality and not in HD?
marsbarsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:39 AM   #165
Supremacy Member

Anyone using the EVPAD 3s? Can confirm if the live channels look like lower quality and not in HD?
UB has upgraded its UVOD, now certain shows are in 1080p.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.