Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. it is for you to select incoming source.

if your box's hdmi output is set to 480p and select 4k within youtube, you can see only 480p.

Hmmm, so currently the ubox is outputting in 720p, even though YouTube content i selected was 1080p.any bros care to share on how to set the resolutions on the ubox?

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, anyone here using mobiletime M6 box ? i heard the loading is much faster then unblocked alot and the picture are clearer is it so ? price are cheap too
Where you get from? pm me

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanna sell my 2 wks old ubox4

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

ericsoon72

Reaction score
I am using a soundbar which is currently connected to my smart TV, via the TV ARC port ( shown as HDMI OUT on soundbar).

Should I connect the Unblock box to:

- HDMI IN port (located on soundbar), or
- HDMI IN port (located on TV)?

Will there be any differences in using either connection?

Hawflakes

Reaction score
hi guys,
i am new to this iptv thingy.

can i know if i can watch phoenix channel 凤凰卫视 on this box?

thanks

Last edited:

ericsoon72

Reaction score
Anyone tried using the Samsung or LG TV magic remote to switch on/off the Ubox?

The Ubox can be switched on when I 'press on' using my LG TV magic remote.

However when I 'press off' using LG TV remote, the Ubox doesn't switch off.

Any solutions to this?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
i am new to this iptv thingy.

can i know if i can watch phoenix channel 凤凰卫视 on this box?

thanks

if all you want is 凤凰卫视, don't waste your money on this box.

most sub $30 android box can give you this channel by installing free china IPTV app.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using the Samsung or LG TV magic remote to switch on/off the Ubox?

The Ubox can be switched on when I 'press on' using my LG TV magic remote.

However when I 'press off' using LG TV remote, the Ubox doesn't switch off.

Any solutions to this?

Program the Ublock remote la and use it to control your TV

See instructions below.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh thanks, didnt know that. will go sim lim walk walk today

sim lim walk walk ok, but remember not to buy, unless you want to pay 3-4 times the price.

I thought most hardwarezone members are familiar with online purchase. :)

go and visit lazada or shopee to get the box.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok la from what I know 100 sgd comes with m20 micox with 2 years subscription of cloud tv add 10 for air mouse

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did a short 3 months sub to cloudtv before back in world cup 2014. Wasnt bad. Picture quality of the premium channels were decent. But sometimes the channels would lag. Overall, you would likely find the same premium channels in the free channels section, but the free section are like community uploaded and maintained so they may not be up all the time. As such, there really isnt much difference and its really not worth paying for a cloudtv sub.

A bigger concern here is the box itself. So many horror stories out there about people buying these redbean/micox boxes, run into issues and then when you go back to seller, they charge you an exorbitant fee to fix or "upgrade firmware". $100 may not seem like much, but for that price might as well pay $30-40 more and get older unblock model. At least you are getting an established brand with local warranty and service center right at sim lim.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree for ppl tech savy enough just install kodi and lots of plug in but for ppl who are buying for their parents on live tv up to 1080/720 and watching tvb / Korean series having a statble source better than every few days to crack or having to switch software due to expire or those free app again with no quality std warranty, at least for those subscription like cloud tv if ever got anything wrong still can bring to sls to bang table.

Of cos the best subscribe to scv la now their fibre tv is not too bad already

Did a short 3 months sub to cloudtv before back in world cup 2014. Wasnt bad. Picture quality of the premium channels were decent. But sometimes the channels would lag. Overall, you would likely find the same premium channels in the free channels section, but the free section are like community uploaded and maintained so they may not be up all the time. As such, there really isnt much difference and its really not worth paying for a cloudtv sub.

A bigger concern here is the box itself. So many horror stories out there about people buying these redbean/micox boxes, run into issues and then when you go back to seller, they charge you an exorbitant fee to fix or "upgrade firmware". $100 may not seem like much, but for that price might as well pay $30-40 more and get older unblock model. At least you are getting an established brand with local warranty and service center right at sim lim.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree for ppl tech savy enough just install kodi and lots of plug in but for ppl who are buying for their parents on live tv up to 1080/720 and watching tvb / Korean series having a statble source better than every few days to crack or having to switch software due to expire or those free app again with no quality std warranty, at least for those subscription like cloud tv if ever got anything wrong still can bring to sls to bang table.

Of cos the best subscribe to scv la now their fibre tv is not too bad already

Colour me confused. I was comparing between micox boxes bundled with cloudtv vs evpad/unblock boxes and somehow things like kodi and scv gets into the picture.

When i said free section, i dont mean other free apps but the free to view section within cloudtv app itself. I meant there is not much difference between the paid section and free section of cloudtv, so i dont feel its worth paying for cloudtv. But its just my personal opinion. However, you can purchase shorter and cheaper cloudtv subscription from any reseller out there and use it on any android device, rather than being restricted to those crappy micox and redbean boxes and the long 2 year duration. Also, have you tried "banging table" to ask for service from SLS shops? SLS reputation is not there for one or two days only, especially those shops selling tv boxes out to pray on the gullible or elderly.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro 1stly total cost is way diff when u talked about unblock 2nd thing why would you want to buy a high end box to watch those free channels when a 30-40 dollars box can do? So I don’t see your point but I Guess Yu have your reason n concerns

Colour me confused. I was comparing between micox boxes bundled with cloudtv vs evpad/unblock boxes and somehow things like kodi and scv gets into the picture.

When i said free section, i dont mean other free apps but the free to view section within cloudtv app itself. I meant there is not much difference between the paid section and free section of cloudtv, so i dont feel its worth paying for cloudtv. But its just my personal opinion. However, you can purchase shorter and cheaper cloudtv subscription from any reseller out there and use it on any android device, rather than being restricted to those crappy micox and redbean boxes and the long 2 year duration. Also, have you tried "banging table" to ask for service from SLS shops? SLS reputation is not there for one or two days only, especially those shops selling tv boxes out to pray on the gullible or elderly.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro 1stly total cost is way diff when u talked about unblock 2nd thing why would you want to buy a high end box to watch those free channels when a 30-40 dollars box can do? So I don’t see your point but I Guess Yu have your reason n concerns

it is true that 30-40 dollar box can be use to watch free channels, but it is not recommended to pay $100 for 30-40 dollar box especially those from redbean/micox.

there are many better 30-40 dollars boxes from established budget brands like tanix, nexbox, beelink,...etc they are reasonably reliable and having good support, both from vendor and community.

one important point to mention - android boxes can be use to watch VOD video, and they do a much better job in this area.

playing high price for a better box will give you better viewing experience, e.g you can get 4k netflix, 4k youtube, chromecast, voice remote.... if you pay slightly more ($70-80) for mibox s.

Last edited:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ok i give up. I am totally confused about the point you are trying to make. Its you who bring in things like scv and kodi when i was trying to counter your point about micox + cloudtv by saying its better to get an unblock box. And then now you are harping about high end/low end boxes for what?

UB box isnt even that expensive when you get a older model from qoo10 for around $140 after coupons.

Next, its been mentioned multiple times, boxes bundled with iptv/vod apps are overpriced(ubox/evpad included). You are paying more than $100 bucks for what is essentially a $20-30 box + apps. However, evpad/unblock apps are proprietary, so you cant download or purchase them elsewhere. But cloudtv subscription can be bought cheaper from other resellers. So why micox box? This is the very point i been trying to make all along.

Anyway end of this discussion from me. It feels like chicken talking to duck when we are on totally different wavelengths.

philips110104

Reaction score
Need some advice...is there any benefit to upgrade my existing ubox gen 2? There are so many type of ubox, which one should I get? Thanks

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.