HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #31

if all you want is 凤凰卫视, don't waste your money on this box.

most sub $30 android box can give you this channel by installing free china IPTV app.
oh thanks, didnt know that. will go sim lim walk walk today
Hawflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #32
Master Member

oh thanks, didnt know that. will go sim lim walk walk today
sim lim walk walk ok, but remember not to buy, unless you want to pay 3-4 times the price.

I thought most hardwarezone members are familiar with online purchase.

go and visit lazada or shopee to get the box.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #33
Master Member

Ok la from what I know 100 sgd comes with m20 micox with 2 years subscription of cloud tv add 10 for air mouse
davidwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #34
Master Member

Did a short 3 months sub to cloudtv before back in world cup 2014. Wasnt bad. Picture quality of the premium channels were decent. But sometimes the channels would lag. Overall, you would likely find the same premium channels in the free channels section, but the free section are like community uploaded and maintained so they may not be up all the time. As such, there really isnt much difference and its really not worth paying for a cloudtv sub.

A bigger concern here is the box itself. So many horror stories out there about people buying these redbean/micox boxes, run into issues and then when you go back to seller, they charge you an exorbitant fee to fix or "upgrade firmware". $100 may not seem like much, but for that price might as well pay $30-40 more and get older unblock model. At least you are getting an established brand with local warranty and service center right at sim lim.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:51 PM   #35
Master Member

I agree for ppl tech savy enough just install kodi and lots of plug in but for ppl who are buying for their parents on live tv up to 1080/720 and watching tvb / Korean series having a statble source better than every few days to crack or having to switch software due to expire or those free app again with no quality std warranty, at least for those subscription like cloud tv if ever got anything wrong still can bring to sls to bang table.

Of cos the best subscribe to scv la now their fibre tv is not too bad already

Did a short 3 months sub to cloudtv before back in world cup 2014. Wasnt bad. Picture quality of the premium channels were decent. But sometimes the channels would lag. Overall, you would likely find the same premium channels in the free channels section, but the free section are like community uploaded and maintained so they may not be up all the time. As such, there really isnt much difference and its really not worth paying for a cloudtv sub.

A bigger concern here is the box itself. So many horror stories out there about people buying these redbean/micox boxes, run into issues and then when you go back to seller, they charge you an exorbitant fee to fix or "upgrade firmware". $100 may not seem like much, but for that price might as well pay $30-40 more and get older unblock model. At least you are getting an established brand with local warranty and service center right at sim lim.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:47 AM   #36
Master Member

I agree for ppl tech savy enough just install kodi and lots of plug in but for ppl who are buying for their parents on live tv up to 1080/720 and watching tvb / Korean series having a statble source better than every few days to crack or having to switch software due to expire or those free app again with no quality std warranty, at least for those subscription like cloud tv if ever got anything wrong still can bring to sls to bang table.

Of cos the best subscribe to scv la now their fibre tv is not too bad already
Colour me confused. I was comparing between micox boxes bundled with cloudtv vs evpad/unblock boxes and somehow things like kodi and scv gets into the picture.

When i said free section, i dont mean other free apps but the free to view section within cloudtv app itself. I meant there is not much difference between the paid section and free section of cloudtv, so i dont feel its worth paying for cloudtv. But its just my personal opinion. However, you can purchase shorter and cheaper cloudtv subscription from any reseller out there and use it on any android device, rather than being restricted to those crappy micox and redbean boxes and the long 2 year duration. Also, have you tried "banging table" to ask for service from SLS shops? SLS reputation is not there for one or two days only, especially those shops selling tv boxes out to pray on the gullible or elderly.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:18 AM   #37
Master Member

Bro 1stly total cost is way diff when u talked about unblock 2nd thing why would you want to buy a high end box to watch those free channels when a 30-40 dollars box can do? So I don’t see your point but I Guess Yu have your reason n concerns

Colour me confused. I was comparing between micox boxes bundled with cloudtv vs evpad/unblock boxes and somehow things like kodi and scv gets into the picture.

When i said free section, i dont mean other free apps but the free to view section within cloudtv app itself. I meant there is not much difference between the paid section and free section of cloudtv, so i dont feel its worth paying for cloudtv. But its just my personal opinion. However, you can purchase shorter and cheaper cloudtv subscription from any reseller out there and use it on any android device, rather than being restricted to those crappy micox and redbean boxes and the long 2 year duration. Also, have you tried "banging table" to ask for service from SLS shops? SLS reputation is not there for one or two days only, especially those shops selling tv boxes out to pray on the gullible or elderly.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #38
Master Member

Bro 1stly total cost is way diff when u talked about unblock 2nd thing why would you want to buy a high end box to watch those free channels when a 30-40 dollars box can do? So I don’t see your point but I Guess Yu have your reason n concerns
it is true that 30-40 dollar box can be use to watch free channels, but it is not recommended to pay $100 for 30-40 dollar box especially those from redbean/micox.

there are many better 30-40 dollars boxes from established budget brands like tanix, nexbox, beelink,...etc they are reasonably reliable and having good support, both from vendor and community.

one important point to mention - android boxes can be use to watch VOD video, and they do a much better job in this area.

playing high price for a better box will give you better viewing experience, e.g you can get 4k netflix, 4k youtube, chromecast, voice remote.... if you pay slightly more ($70-80) for mibox s.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 12-07-2019 at 02:52 PM..
Old 12-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #39
Master Member

Bro 1stly total cost is way diff when u talked about unblock 2nd thing why would you want to buy a high end box to watch those free channels when a 30-40 dollars box can do? So I donít see your point but I Guess Yu have your reason n concerns
Ok i give up. I am totally confused about the point you are trying to make. Its you who bring in things like scv and kodi when i was trying to counter your point about micox + cloudtv by saying its better to get an unblock box. And then now you are harping about high end/low end boxes for what?

UB box isnt even that expensive when you get a older model from qoo10 for around $140 after coupons.

Next, its been mentioned multiple times, boxes bundled with iptv/vod apps are overpriced(ubox/evpad included). You are paying more than $100 bucks for what is essentially a $20-30 box + apps. However, evpad/unblock apps are proprietary, so you cant download or purchase them elsewhere. But cloudtv subscription can be bought cheaper from other resellers. So why micox box? This is the very point i been trying to make all along.

Anyway end of this discussion from me. It feels like chicken talking to duck when we are on totally different wavelengths.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #40

Need some advice...is there any benefit to upgrade my existing ubox gen 2? There are so many type of ubox, which one should I get? Thanks

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
philips110104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #41
Master Member

Need some advice...is there any benefit to upgrade my existing ubox gen 2? There are so many type of ubox, which one should I get? Thanks

If your existing gen 2 box still working fine, then no benefit whatsoever to change. The apps and content are still the same across the different ubox generations. Hardware wise, the specs are negligible difference except the latest uproS which has dual band wifi, 2gb ram and 32gb rom. But its pure overkill simply for purpose of running unblock's own apps.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #42
Master Member

if you know how to install apps yourself, may be it is better to buy another box with better features/capabilities. e.g mibox s, which can give you 4k netflix, 4k youtube, chromecast and able to install many good VOD app.

keep you ubox gen 2 for just running UBTV.
Old 13-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #43
Supremacy Member

I will suggest that you sell off as the android version is too low and that kinda limit the apps you want to run.

Get the latest gen7 ubox which has 2GB ram and android 7 I would say.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:38 AM   #44
Master Member

I will suggest that you sell off as the android version is too low and that kinda limit the apps you want to run.

Get the latest gen7 ubox which has 2GB ram and android 7 I would say.
why sell and spend so much for gen7 box? should keep gen2.

gen2 and gen7 are getting the same live channels.

live channels is the only reason to buy ubox.

if need to install apps, get a better and newer box from other brand, a $50 box is indeed better than ubox gen7 in terms of spec, workmanship and reliability.
Kyo_kusanagi86 likes this.
Old 14-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #45
Master Member

Guys,
Trying Dragon TV on my Firetv stick.
I currently have Version: 2.0.1_36
The Ďliveí channels are taking much longer to load as compared to using Dragon TV on mibox. No such problems with the VOD sections.

Suspect itís the media format. Any idea where I can find the app settings.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.