Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #106
High Supremacy Member

After install the dns changer now can watch all china website
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #107

Dear All Experts,

I plan to switch my ISP from SingTel Broadband to 500Mbps Fibre Broadband for cost reason. Would appreciate it if any experts can advise whether If I would be able to stream content like movies, TV shows with my EvPad 3S once I move over to M1. Because I heard that M1 blocks access to streaming applications that come pre-loaded in the TV boxes.

Sorry about asking "silly" questions as I have got no experience in this. The Evpad 3S box is mainly for my old age parents to watch News and shows from HongKong and Taiwan.

Thank you so much for your time for reading and your advice.
KK_2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #108
Master Member

Dear All Experts,

I plan to switch my ISP from SingTel Broadband to 500Mbps Fibre Broadband for cost reason. Would appreciate it if any experts can advise whether If I would be able to stream content like movies, TV shows with my EvPad 3S once I move over to M1. Because I heard that M1 blocks access to streaming applications that come pre-loaded in the TV boxes.

Sorry about asking "silly" questions as I have got no experience in this. The Evpad 3S box is mainly for my old age parents to watch News and shows from HongKong and Taiwan.

Thank you so much for your time for reading and your advice.
All the "blocking" is mainly against unblock box servers(irony....). So far don't think or ever heard about evpad boxes being affected by isp blocking. I own a evpad 3 pro and am on starhub fibre. No issues whatsoever. Recently i helped a friend troubleshoot his unblock proS and on the same starhub connection, i had to do DNS change then able to load into the unblock Livetv and VOD apps. What the ISPs are doing is just for show only and there are many workarounds to circumvent all these so called "blocks".

Last edited by ferocity; 29-10-2019 at 05:54 PM..
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #109

All the "blocking" is mainly against unblock box servers(irony....). So far don't think or ever heard about evpad boxes being affected by isp blocking. I own a evpad 3 pro and am on starhub fibre. No issues whatsoever. Recently i helped a friend troubleshoot his unblock proS and on the same starhub connection, i had to do DNS change then able to load into the unblock Livetv and VOD apps. What the ISPs are doing is just for show only and there are many workarounds to circumvent all these so called "blocks".
Hello bro ferocity,

Thank you very much for your clarifications. Much appreciated. I will go ahead and switch my current ISP to M1 500Mbps Fibre Broadband since there is no issue. It would save me some money every month. Life is hard nowadays.
KK_2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #110

Anyone here has problem with their UB TV app? I just now open the app then only got white screen saying "410 Gone"
Junkworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #111
Master Member

Latest EVpad易播盒子 seems to be named EVbox in Taiwan.

EVBox Plus (4GB/32GB, dual band WiFi, H6 CPU) and EVBox 3R (2GB/16GB, 2.4Ghz WiFi, H6 CPU) are the latest model from EVpad. The configuration of EVBox Plus (highest end model) is similar to Tanix TX6, official Tanix TX6 4GB/32GB version TV box with Tanix logo costs about S$61.2 from Gearbest. On the other hand, good IPTV subscription is also not cheap, so I can understand those who are willing to pay around S$166/189 for EVbox 3R and EVBox Plus (Shopee listing price). Promtion price for EVbox Plus is at NT$3880 now in Taiwan which translate to about S$174. Price for EVbox 3R is at NT$3280 which is about S$147.

Price of EVbox Plus seems to be comparable to UPro S (2GB/32GB, dual band WiFi, H6 CPU) at around S$198 from Shopee listing. UPro 2 (1GB/16GB, 2.4GHz WiFi, HI) is at around S$178 from Shopee. EVbox wins at the RAM side but 2GB is good enough even if you plan to install some 3rd party apps.

The lowest end EVbox Smart 1GB/16GB version (NT$2580 or S$115) is not recommended, 1GB RAM may be problematic with Google Play Services installed, the CPU is Quad-core A7, probably RK3229, which is also very weak.

In Singapore the boxes are still called EVpad. EVpad 3S (2GB/8GB, 2.4GHz WiFi), EVPad 3 (2GB/16GB, dual band WiFi), EVpad 3 Max (3GB/32GB, dual band WiFi) and the new EVpad 3 Plus (2GB/32GB, dual band WiFi). All of them are based on H6 CPU with sufficient CPU power and RAM.

Last edited by xiaofan; 10-11-2019 at 11:13 AM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #112
Master Member

Bro for new unblock / EV android box (don’t want tablets) with the current iso block is it plug and play or do I need to buy already and then go back home to fiddle this and that like
My old 2nd unblock which just died on me

Latest EVpad易播盒子 seems to be named EVbox in Taiwan.

EVBox Plus (4GB/32GB, dual band WiFi, H6 CPU) and EVBox 3R (2GB/16GB, 2.4Ghz WiFi, H6 CPU) are the latest model from EVpad. The configuration of EVBox Plus (highest end model) is similar to Tanix TX6, official Tanix TX6 4GB/32GB version TV box with Tanix logo costs about S$61.2 from Gearbest. On the other hand, good IPTV subscription is also not cheap, so I can understand those who are willing to pay around S$166/189 for EVbox 3R and EVBox Plus (Shopee listing price). Promtion price for EVbox Plus is at NT$3880 now in Taiwan which translate to about S$174. Price for EVbox 3R is at NT$3280 which is about S$147.

Price of EVbox Plus seems to be comparable to UPro S (2GB/32GB, dual band WiFi, H6 CPU) at around S$198 from Shopee listing. UPro 2 (1GB/16GB, 2.4GHz WiFi, HI) is at around S$178 from Shopee. EVbox wins at the RAM side but 2GB is good enough even if you plan to install some 3rd party apps.

The lowest end EVbox Smart 1GB/16GB version (NT$2580 or S$115) is not recommended, 1GB RAM may be problematic with Google Play Services installed, the CPU is Quad-core A7, probably RK3229, which is also very weak.

In Singapore the boxes are still called EVpad. EVpad 3S (2GB/8GB, 2.4GHz WiFi), EVPad 3 (2GB/16GB, dual band WiFi), EVpad 3 Max (3GB/32GB, dual band WiFi) and the new EVpad 3 Plus (2GB/32GB, dual band WiFi). All of them are based on H6 CPU with sufficient CPU power and RAM.
davidwong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #113
Master Member

Bro for new unblock / EV android box (don’t want tablets) with the current iso block is it plug and play or do I need to buy already and then go back home to fiddle this and that like
My old 2nd unblock which just died on me
Scroll a few posts back for answers. EVpad TV boxes are said to be not blocked. For Ubox you need to change DNS settings.

I do not own a Ubox or EVpad box even though I have bought quite a few generic Android TV boxes to play with. I am just interested to know the hardware configurations of boxes in the market but I do not really use them much -- still using SingTel TV and paid Youku VIP and QQ Music VIP for entertainment needs at home.

Last edited by xiaofan; 10-11-2019 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #114
Master Member

My unblock box is fried got light on the red led but no display at all not booting at all

Scroll a few posts back for answers. EVpad TV boxes are said to be not blocked. For Ubox you need to change DNS settings.

I do not own a Ubox or EVpad box even though I have bought quite a few generic Android TV boxes to play with. I am just interested to know the hardware configurations of boxes in the market but I do not really use them much -- still using SingTel TV and paid Youku VIP and QQ Music VIP for entertainment needs at home.
davidwong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:34 AM   #115

hi bros, tv box noob here.

may i ask is evpad 3 or ubox more recommended?
what are the pros and cons of each?
i'm looking at the availability of live overseas tv channels.

thanks in advance!
xinfu_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #116
Master Member

hi bros, tv box noob here.

may i ask is evpad 3 or ubox more recommended?
what are the pros and cons of each?
i'm looking at the availability of live overseas tv channels.

thanks in advance!
You may want to go to YouTube channel "Edmund Tan EVPad Ubox" and the guy is a box seller from Malaysia. He has some good video in English, Chinese and Cantonese, to guide beginner users. The contents should be pretty much apply to Singapore users as well.

I believe both boxes provide similar live overseas channels. You can go with either one. But to save some troubles (DNS Change for Ubox) if you are total beginner, then EVPad 3S (2GB/8GB, 2.4Ghz WiFi) or EVpad 3 (2GB/16GB, dual band WiFi) can be a good choice because it is said not blocked by the ISP as of now.

BTW, Malaysia got the 3SMY model (2GB/16GB, 2.4GHz WiFi), not sure if available in Singapore or not.
Old 13-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #117
Master Member

For those interested in evpad but dont want to pay big lump sum upfront to buy it, or currently already own a usable tv box, can take a look at this sub based IPTV called Joy TV. Its available on lazada in 1,3,6,12 months duration with the 12 months costing $80+. This Joy TV is basically 3in1 app (LiveTV, VOD, Playback) from the same service provider running Evpad's proprietary apps. Yes, if you dont know by now, brands like evpad/unblock do not operate their own apps. They actually engage external service providers to run and maintain the apps. Anyway, back to the Joy TV. I tried a 3 day trial and the content is about 90% similar to evpad, with some difference in the channels available in the LiveTV section. There are some demo videos of it on youtube so can take a look there.
Old 14-11-2019, 06:20 AM   #118
Master Member

Joy TV review from Edmund, a reseller of Evpad, UBox, SVI Cloud and Joy TV.

Interestingly even the seller has server down problem at the end of the video.
https://youtu.be/z83DphHgPA0

On the other hand, this is kind of expected. After all it is not cheap to maintain a high quality content delivery server network. So you can not expect the IPTV vendors to afford one such network. So depending on the number of users at the time you may experience lag. Pay for SingTel or Starhub if you want no lag....

Buying EVpad is probably better than paying for JoyTV in the end as there is at least more support from the company, the seller and the community.

Take note I myself do not use Ubox/EVpad/Paid IPTV package. I pay for Singtel TV, mainly for my kids. I pay for Youku VIP as well for VOD.

Last edited by xiaofan; 14-11-2019 at 07:02 AM..
Old 19-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #119

I just gotten my EVpad 3s, when i turn on, it just shows the EVPAD loading screen and seems to hang there. Faulty unit?
ktinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #120
Master Member

I just gotten my EVpad 3s, when i turn on, it just shows the EVPAD loading screen and seems to hang there. Faulty unit?
Talk to the seller to see if they can resolve the issue. If not get a replacement.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.