HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #121

I have bought both SVICloud and Guava tv. SVICloud has a lot of channels, and video quality not too bad. Guava tv claimed to have better video quality, which is true, but channels are lesser compared to SVICloud. SVICloud cost $140+, and Guava tv another $10 more. I bought these because i prefer live tv and hate the hassle of having to keep updating the apps.
WhyNPNT likes this.
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #122
Master Member

I have bought both SVICloud and Guava tv. SVICloud has a lot of channels, and video quality not too bad. Guava tv claimed to have better video quality, which is true, but channels are lesser compared to SVICloud. SVICloud cost $140+, and Guava tv another $10 more. I bought these because i prefer live tv and hate the hassle of having to keep updating the apps.
may be you have to keep on buying new boxes.

many of these 'lifetime' boxes come and go very fast.

so far, ub last the longest, evpad next.
WhyNPNT likes this.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 11:51 PM   #123

may be you have to keep on buying new boxes.

many of these 'lifetime' boxes come and go very fast.

so far, ub last the longest, evpad next.
It was good when it last. Hopefully can use for a while.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 26-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #124
Master Member

For preloaded boxes, after EVpad and Ubox, SVICloud seems to be popular in Malaysia. Then there are iBoite X, Long TV Louie, TurboTV S, Cyber TV J1, Lingcod, etc.

But I have never heard of Guava TV. Google also found nothing about it. It is better to avoid unknown brand boxes, especially expensive ones.

In the end if you like preloaded boxes, it is probably better to stick to Ubox and EVpad since you at least get some support from the manufacturer, the seller and relatively large user community.

BTW, Upro, Upro 2, Upro S, EVpad 3S, 3, 3Plus and 3Max are all based on Allwinner H6 CPU, so does iBoite X and SVICloud. Except Upro and Upro 2 (1GB RAM), the others offer 2GB RAM or more and the performance is adequate if you need to install other apps to complement the default bundled apps.
WhyNPNT likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 26-11-2019 at 08:44 AM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 07:07 AM   #125

I think Guava tv is relative new. I bought it because i can go back to the dealer/seller if need to. Actually wanted to jtw SVICloud from Malaysia distributor, but i read that there are fakes. Singapore, there is a guy selling but as you know, this is illegal here. Probably the guy will disappear as soon as i make payment.
To be fair, the Guava tv is not that bad. It has good image quality, although not totally all. The usual stations from china, MY, SG, taiwan, vietnam and india are all there. But no app for playing western movies and tv serials. Good for normal user who don't expect much.

The specs of the box is ARM CORTEX-53, 1g ram, 8gb ROM.
WhyNPNT likes this.

Last edited by grapewall; 28-11-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Old 28-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #126

Hi, I am facing an issue with my Ubox. Apparently, it is showing it is connected to the WIFI. But, no IP add/Mac etc is shown. Of course, nothing can stream as well. I reset to factory settings but it is still the same.
However, Lan Cable solve the problem and everything is playing as per normal.

I suspect the WIFI adaptor within the box is damaged.. somehow.
Is there anyway that if I get a Wifi adaptor to connect it will make it work again? But, how to install the Wifi adaptor driver to the Ubox? any one can help me?
WhyNPNT likes this.
Wizloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #127
Master Member

Hi, I am facing an issue with my Ubox. Apparently, it is showing it is connected to the WIFI. But, no IP add/Mac etc is shown. Of course, nothing can stream as well. I reset to factory settings but it is still the same.
However, Lan Cable solve the problem and everything is playing as per normal.

I suspect the WIFI adaptor within the box is damaged.. somehow.
Is there anyway that if I get a Wifi adaptor to connect it will make it work again? But, how to install the Wifi adaptor driver to the Ubox? any one can help me?
Unlikely you will know which USB wifi adapter is compatible with an Android TV box and there is basically no way to install the driver for a USB WiFi adapter.

Just keep using Ethernet if you can.

If not, buy a cheap range extender (eg: TP-Link RE305, AC1200, 100Mbps Ethernet) and use it as your "wireless adapter".

I myself use a TP-Link RE350 range extender (AC1200, 1 Gigabit Ethernet) with my Android TV boxes. Some of my low end boxes has poor WiFi so I prefer to use RE350 to be the "wireless adapter" for them.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 28-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #128

So you mean to say, wifi extender, abit like the XiaoMi "repeater" may solve it? I know by placing it next to the router doesnt help.. so not sure whether will getting the wifi extender helps.
Nonetheless, thanks for the advise.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 28-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #129
Master Member

So you mean to say, wifi extender, abit like the XiaoMi "repeater" may solve it? I know by placing it next to the router doesnt help.. so not sure whether will getting the wifi extender helps.
Nonetheless, thanks for the advise.
Not the small Xiaomi repeater, need to use those range extender with Ethernet port. Connect the Ethernet port of the range extender to your box Ethernet port using Ethernet cable.

https://www.hachi.tech/biz-solutions...-6935364097981

If you have old router lying around, check and some of them can be configured as range extender.

Eg: D-Link DIR-868L dumped by Starhub users at S$10-20 in Carousell.
https://www.dlink.com.sg/dir-868l-ho...ter-mode-hw-a/
WhyNPNT likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 28-11-2019 at 10:27 PM..
Old 29-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #130

In a way, it’s like using an old router as a ”mesh” WiFi but linking the Ethernet cable output to the tv box right?
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 29-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #131
Master Member

In a way, it’s like using an old router as a ”mesh” WiFi but linking the Ethernet cable output to the tv box right?
you can also buy a portable router and set it to wifi client mode.

e.g

https://shopee.sg/TL-WR702N-Mobile-H...929.6704298670

https://shopee.sg/TL-WR802N-300Mbps-...512.1271377351
WhyNPNT likes this.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 29-11-2019 at 12:21 PM..
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #132

Anybody know why I can't download any apps from ubox proS Google play store? It just shows downloading but doesn't move.
ryman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #133
Master Member

Anyone has any recommendation for android box that come with pre-install software (yearly subscription) for live tv / hk drama / movies please pm me
davidwong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #134
Master Member

Anyone has any recommendation for android box that come with pre-install software (yearly subscription) for live tv / hk drama / movies please pm me
None of them are better than Ubox and EVpad. Do not fall in the tricks.

If you want better quality box than UBox and EVpad in terms of HW quality, buy Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV or Amazon FireTV Stick 4K or Amazon FireTV Cube 2019.

Or Tanix TX3 Mini, TX3 Max if you only need 1080p. Or Beelink GT1 Mini, GT1 Mini 2, Tanix TX3 if you need 4k. Tanix original version with Tanix logo (from Gearbest) are okay even though not as good as Xiaomi. Beelink is a bit higher quality than Tanix but below Xiaomi.

Ubox/Evpad HW quality may be similar to Tanix.

Then pay for subscription of your choices.

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-12-2019 at 03:28 PM..
Old 16-12-2019, 12:24 AM   #135

but nvidia shield dun have any app to watch the so call free 1000 live channel leh

None of them
are better than Ubox and EVpad. Do not fall in the tricks.

If you want better quality box than UBox and EVpad in terms of HW quality, buy Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV or Amazon FireTV Stick 4K or Amazon FireTV Cube 2019.

Or Tanix TX3 Mini, TX3 Max if you only need 1080p. Or Beelink GT1 Mini, GT1 Mini 2, Tanix TX3 if you need 4k. Tanix original version with Tanix logo (from Gearbest) are okay even though not as good as Xiaomi. Beelink is a bit higher quality than Tanix but below Xiaomi.

Ubox/Evpad HW quality may be similar to Tanix.

Then pay for subscription of your choices.
txv611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.