Unblock TV (UBTV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightSaid

Master Member
Reaction score
Most of the android 4.x boxes have only 1 dns for lan. Not advisable to use unblock youku dns, as it might block some sites outside china.

Some 5.x boxes have 2 dns for lan, so it can be used but have to set manually.

The best way is to use wifi and use engelsiz to set dns.

If you are not using wifi at the moment, install ookla's speedtest to the box to check you wifi speed. If you can get more than 10Mbps for download, then you can get smooth 1080p streaming video.

Just did a test and i'm getting 40mbps speed via wifi! Tried the engelsiz steps as recommended by u and it works now! Just wondering if it would be advisable to manually set the dns through my router and then connect directly to the box using ethernet cable would work or not... Haha

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did a test and i'm getting 40mbps speed via wifi! Tried the engelsiz steps as recommended by u and it works now! Just wondering if it would be advisable to manually set the dns through my router and then connect directly to the box using ethernet cable would work or not... Haha

it will work too but the setting at router will affect all devices connected to it.

these unblock dns are good for us, but certain group of people don't like it as it affect their income. once in a while some them launch attacks at the servers. That's why I recommend engelsiz because it allows us to change the server if necessary.

RightSaid

Master Member
Reaction score
oic.. i understand. but the only "troublesome" thing now is that whenever i switch on the box, must always click into engelsiz then exit again before being able to load LeTv.. If straightaway launch LeTv without clicking into engelsiz it won't work anymore..

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oic.. i understand. but the only "troublesome" thing now is that whenever i switch on the box, must always click into engelsiz then exit again before being able to load LeTv.. If straightaway launch LeTv without clicking into engelsiz it won't work anymore..

Normally the box will remember the wifi settings - ssid, password, gateway, ip no, dns, etc.

in1996

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/smarttechsg/

address and tel no are in their fb page.

how much is the gen2 and gen3 from them?
Look like the two companies were just setup very recently far after ubtv became popular here. Their location are at a very ULU place somewhere at Mandai. U may like visit Ah Meng family and send your blocked box to unblocked it at the same trip. :p
PS: Not sure if their address is No. 200, Mandai Road

Last edited:

in1996

Reaction score
I have messed up my unblock quick menu. does anyone know how can i rearrange it? TIA

in1996

Reaction score
Called their land line but the call was dropped even before it was connected. Called the mobile but it was not turned on. How to do business? They only have 1 year agency with UBTV. Can meet quota?

Why u call them? Is your unblock kena blocked and need to be unblocked? Avoid to give them and anyone your mac address if your set is still working.

huatkia

Reaction score
My unblock gen 2 box suddenly cannot power up. Tried different power outlet and spare gen 2 set power adapter still the same. Any advice??

Sent from heaven using GAGT

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone tried watching unblock in australia? does it work?

senfah

Reaction score
Have a gen 2 box. Bought a gen 3 box. Find no difference in speed of downloading. realised gen 3 box has no Bluetooth capability to connect with Bluetooth ear piece.

tks

Reaction score
There is a USB port. Any idea whether it is possible to save any of the Live TV programmes or videos onto an USB flash drive?

Sanricson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I wanted to buy to UBox. I called Smart Tech, the only way is to transfer the money to Smart Tech, and they will deliver to my house. No demo, I find it very weird. Can you guys let me know how do you purchase the box?

BabyTurkey

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I wanted to buy to UBox. I called Smart Tech, the only way is to transfer the money to Smart Tech, and they will deliver to my house. No demo, I find it very weird. Can you guys let me know how do you purchase the box?

Got my Gen 3 UBox from Sitex. There's a booth selling Xiaomi / Micox / Ubox, together with mobile phones. Have seen them at other IT shows too.

Priced at $169 and has the official 1-year local SG warranty sticker shown on Unblock Tech website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.