HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi Box Android TV Box

Like Tree207Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #1396

Exclamation Help needed for Xiaomi TV Box....please!

Hi,

I have bought a Xiaomi TV box during world cup season but didn't manage to see any matches.

It should be a 3rd generation as it have USBs (big & small), Bluetooth, no Ethernet point.

My internet service provider is S*****L (Hot Red), 200mbps fibre. Aztech router given by them.

I bought from QooSG which the buyer staying around paya lebar area.

Come installed with sofa butler then I install PPTV, YOUKU, BAIDU, MAO KONG, TOGIC, VST, LETV, YOUTUBE, TOGGLE etc...

All can go into their interface but when choose movie, it will either scan from other provider or turning circles then failed, cannot connect.

Even by any chance on a early sunday morning, can stream the movie but totally impossible to watch as almost every secs it's streaming it.

icntv can't work too as user verification failed.

I want to watch Taiwan variety shows, 'ow xiang ju', Taiwan tvb news, baby tv, cartoon network, Disney channels, WWE, BPL etc. Cos I heard from retailers that will be like those illegal/ pirated starhub tv box where I can have so many tv programs to watch. I know it's different through this forum understanding but just hope that through this internet streaming can do it too.

I have tried my best in reading through forums here for the past 2 months randomly whenever I'm free to do so by selected pages. I can't understand what experts are talking about.

I have tried to setup vpn in xiaomi tv box then restart, nothing changes.

Don't know do I need to reboot or restort factory settings or am I having a jailbreak version? How to see?

Don't know what can I do next as rather helpless and tried calling the seller but no news.

I really hope that it will somehow work for my whole family as I doesn't wish to waste this money spent. I doesn't wish to spend on paid tv.

Can someone show & teach me step by steps on how to improve from my current xiaomi tv box?
Old 30-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #1397

Please help! Need your advice on Xiaomi tv box

Hi,

I have bought a Xiaomi TV box during world cup season but didn't manage to see any matches.

It should be a 3rd generation as it have USBs (big & small), Bluetooth, no Ethernet point.

My internet service provider is S*****L (Hot Red), 200mbps fibre. Aztech router given by them.

Come installed with sofa butler then I install PPTV, YOUKU, BAIDU, MAO KONG, TOGIC, VST, LETV, YOUTUBE, TOGGLE etc...

All can go into their interface but when choose movie, it will either scan from other provider or turning circles then failed, cannot connect.

Even by any chance on a early sunday morning, can stream the movie but totally impossible to watch as almost every secs it's streaming it.

I want to watch Taiwan variety shows, 'ow xiang ju', Taiwan tvb news, baby tv, cartoon network, Disney channels, WWE, BPL etc. Cos I heard from retailers that will be like those illegal/ pirated starhub tv box where I can have so many tv programs to watch. I know it's different through this forum understanding but just hope that through this internet streaming can do it too.

I have tried my best in reading through forums here for the past 2 months randomly whenever I'm free to do so by selected pages. I can't understand what experts are talking about.

Don't know do I need to reboot or restort factory settings or am I having a jailbreak version? How to see?

Don't know what can I do next as rather helpless and tried calling the seller but no news.

I really hope that it will somehow work for my whole family as I doesn't wish to waste this money spent. I doesn't wish to spend on paid tv.

Can someone show & teach me step by steps on how to improve from my current xiaomi tv box?
Old 30-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #1398

xiaomi is not a spoonfeed box.

the best guide so far is: Mini Liew: Xiaomi Box - Jailbreak or Not?

Your problem is with your ISP. Viewqwest is more optimised for IPTV/VOD from china sources.

if you cannot make it work, then maybe sell on marketplace to recoup loss.
Old 30-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #1399

Hi,

I on the Yellow 100 mb package and so far can watch quite a wide varieties without any VPN. 魔力视频 offer quite a good range of show and about more than 80% are watchable with good streaming.

usually will be lagging at evening to night time as that timing is where internet usage will be the highest.
Old 30-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #1400
Master Member

Hi,

try installing this list of apk instead, don't need vpn

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/87...-post6489.html

If you want to watch football, install this apk:

http://app.shafa.com/api/push/downlo...ackage-archive
3stony likes this.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 30-10-2014 at 05:02 PM..
Old 31-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #1401

Your problem is with your ISP. Viewqwest is more optimised for IPTV/VOD from china sources.

Thanks, didn't saw this on his page. Will try & hope it's better. Sighs.. just sign up for red service provider. Think should be ISP le.

Last edited by 3stony; 31-10-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Old 31-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #1402

Thanks Gregory, also know that you are one of the doctor here. Nice to hear from you. Cheers!

Let me try out again.

Last edited by 3stony; 31-10-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Old 31-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #1403

[QUOTE=gregory_choo;89602669]try installing this list of apk instead, don't need vpn

If you want to watch football, install this apk:

[QUOTE]

So I will download to my PC through USB then pluck it into the xiaomi box? Then go local download under the settings?
Old 31-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #1404

guys for those who wants the cracked apps for watchable youku, tudou and such without the need of VPN or dns changing.

i will upload it to my server for you guys to download in awhile.
Old 31-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #1405

This is list of apks compiled by mini liew blog: Mini Liew: Xiaomi Box - Jailbreak or Not?

Not sure if they are still working or not

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lk&usp=sharing
Old 31-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #1406

Feedback from mini liew regarding mibox performance on other ISP.

I'm using purple, so far pudding and yoku working for me. Pudding have some minor buffering issue during evening peak hours...

so your mileage might vary... depending on your ISP.

------------
If your home is not using ViewQwest Fibre Broadband with Freedom VPN, then, I say you forget about buying the Xiaomi box. For example, my friend using Starhub Cable, almost 90% of the Apps cannot run properly. Too much dropping, and too much buffering. M1 was reported to seems to be OK. But I won’t count on it. As said, these Traffic Light ISP all has their own TV content, and they have to protect those revenues. So, it is unlikely that they will provide a smooth Internet highway for you to access these TV apps sites. If you already tie up with Hubber, Singtel contracts, sorry, you have to decide whether you want to get another ViewQwest link to watch EPL, HK drama, Korean drama or US TV series or not. If you are not using ViewQwest, and you have a Xiaomi box, you will have lots of frustrations and buffering. So, I suggest you better stick with Cable TV or MIO TV or MiBox in that case to watch the proper TV channels from these providers.
Old 31-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #1407

Lastly, to get EPL, just load 光芒体育.

That carries Astro Super Sport 1, 2 & 3.

FOC some more...
Old 31-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #1408
Supremacy Member

Hi,

starhub black box encrytion kena shutdown a while ago liao . can use hola (slow) or download drony (i prefer this ) and follow steps here 在 Android 上使用 Unblock Youku 观看国内视频 – 尘埃落定 to unblock region limitations .

You need to get those paid iptv to get reliable streaming of movies ,documentary channels (how much I dunno go ask gregory and other iptv pros in edmw to see if its worth it).
Old 31-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #1409
High Supremacy Member

Any apk from sofa that can play latest HD tvb dramas (mandarin)?
Old 31-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #1410

the best guide so far is: Mini Liew: Xiaomi Box - Jailbreak or Not?

After reading mini liew blog, i have decided to jump ship to Viewqwest.
Anyone got their xiaomi box from qoo10?? It's quite confusing as there are alot of options to choose from,is it necessary?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.