Xiaomi Box Android TV Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

asriznet

Reaction score
My settings are as follows:
1. Unknown sources: Allow
2. ADB Debugging: On

But I don't get the prompt when I connect. Nothing happens when I try to run the 小米盒子增强版ROOT工具III.bat file also.

Did you prepare micro-sd card(FAT32) before rooting?

Which article you following the root instruction from?

is it https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F8AAA9F96C9C7172&id=F8AAA9F96C9C7172!277 ?

I downloaded the files there because the files are in english but I follow the guide as per 【屌丝猫】小米盒子增强版ROOT工具v3 - 小米手机官方论坛 with google translation.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
Followed the same. Inserted a 8gb fat32 card also. I can see some folders created in the sd card after trying to root. Not sure if this is a good sign or bad sign.

asriznet

Reaction score
Followed the same. Inserted a 8gb fat32 card also. I can see some folders created in the sd card after trying to root. Not sure if this is a good sign or bad sign.

how far along you get on the command prompt window after opening the .bat file?

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
When I open the prompt window, it's all unreadable text. I just pressed a button then it says daemon starting, then some more unreadable text and then stuck. I don't hear any sound from my box also.

asriznet

Reaction score
When I open the prompt window, it's all unreadable text. I just pressed a button then it says daemon starting, then some more unreadable text and then stuck. I don't hear any sound from my box also.

That's why I recommend downloading the files from https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F8AAA9F96C9C7172&id=F8AAA9F96C9C7172!277 instead.

also you need the USB drivers for your mi box on your PC installed as well.

I think I installed some other root apps which didn't work but it installed the necessary drivers for me before using this root tool.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score

alexkidd

Reaction score

If you want to read the text just change your windows lang to chinese prc 1st. After everything done then change back to englisg

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
Settings -> Account & Security(Star in Shield)
1. Unknown sources: Allow / Deny
2. ADB Debugging: On / Off

If you choose Allow or On for above, will get a confirmation message, choose left button to confirm request.

Weird, how come my Account and Security only has one option which is 1. Unknown sources: Allow / Deny?

Don't see the ADB Debugging option :(

asriznet

Reaction score
Weird, how come my Account and Security only has one option which is 1. Unknown sources: Allow / Deny?

Don't see the ADB Debugging option :(

Weird indeed, which model of mi box and firmware version you have there?

You may want to try to boot to the 2nd OS using the recovery system(Hold Option + Home on startup), choose reboot and select the other system(not recent) and see if it works there.

hotyrole

Reaction score
Can we install Netflix apps and a VPN app for the box?
or how to change the proxy/VPN ?

Please advise

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
Weird indeed, which model of mi box and firmware version you have there?

You may want to try to boot to the 2nd OS using the recovery system(Hold Option + Home on startup), choose reboot and select the other system(not recent) and see if it works there.

I'm using the MiTv2

taugeh

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, check with you guys, I've update movietube to the latest version 4.4, however all videos that are played are so grainy with lines.. it works tho on mobile platform..just wanna check if you guys are facing the same thing as well..

sFerragamo

Reaction score
Bros

Check with anyone who knows for Youku App, are the TVB episodes updated automatically or i have to do something?

My fei Hu 2 drama stuck at epi 18 which is the latest on the first day I received the box.

Please helpppp...

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting one.
what does it offer over the Amazon FireTV?

(or does this allow me to finally cut my StarHub TV subscription?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.