Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

xiaomi mibox

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oz_yuber

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #1

xiaomi mibox

hi,

i'm trying to install apps like supervpn or openvpn on mibox..

but i dont know how..
can't find them in playstore..

i'm trying to watch BWF (badminton world federation) live matches via youtube.

can someone please teach me..
Old 23-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Need to sideload them. Find the apk, save it to a USB stick, cucuk the USB stick into the mibox and install it.

Plenty of apps you can sideload and if you want native chinese drama, can find this application call 沙发管家 and install it in via sideloading too.

Mine is the one which can do wireless mirroring for iOS and Android but it's not in used now as I have gotten a xiaomi tv 4s.
Old 23-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #3

Need to sideload them. Find the apk, save it to a USB stick, cucuk the USB stick into the mibox and install it.

Plenty of apps you can sideload and if you want native chinese drama, can find this application call 沙发管家 and install it in via sideloading too.

Mine is the one which can do wireless mirroring for iOS and Android but it's not in used now as I have gotten a xiaomi tv 4s.
ermm, how you actually save the apk onto USB?
Old 23-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

ermm, how you actually save the apk onto USB?
Hmm... 2 ways.

1: Use a PC to download the APK and save it to a USB stick
2. Save the APK to an Android tablet or phone, then stick your USB into the device and transfer it over. For this to work, you need to have a USB stick that have a micro USB male, or buy a USB to micro USB adapter. Most android devices supports PnP.

I would think, option 1 is the easiest but I uses option 2 most of the time as I have a xiaomi tablet meant for surfing of web and downloading of stuff like drama and i have a usb stick that have both the standard usb 2.0 male and micro usb male connector.
kurtgoh likes this.
Old 23-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #5

Hmm... 2 ways.

1: Use a PC to download the APK and save it to a USB stick
2. Save the APK to an Android tablet or phone, then stick your USB into the device and transfer it over. For this to work, you need to have a USB stick that have a micro USB male, or buy a USB to micro USB adapter. Most android devices supports PnP.

I would think, option 1 is the easiest but I uses option 2 most of the time as I have a xiaomi tablet meant for surfing of web and downloading of stuff like drama and i have a usb stick that have both the standard usb 2.0 male and micro usb male connector.
thank you so much

i would go for option 2 then, as my desktop is dead..
no laptop nor tablet at home..

i should have such USB somewhere in the house.

correct me on this:
find touchvpn and supervpn apk on phone.
transfer onto the USB
connect the USB onto mibox.
the mibox will probably prompt on the new hardware and from there, install?

as the mibox is using android,
why some apps like facebook are different.
i think its call facebook video and the playstore is very limited..
Old 23-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

thank you so much

i would go for option 2 then, as my desktop is dead..
no laptop nor tablet at home..

i should have such USB somewhere in the house.

correct me on this:
find touchvpn and supervpn apk on phone.
transfer onto the USB
connect the USB onto mibox.
the mibox will probably prompt on the new hardware and from there, install?

as the mibox is using android,
why some apps like facebook are different.
i think its call facebook video and the playstore is very limited..
Your process of side loading is correct.

You can find something like this at home and see if you have it: https://www.verbatim.com/subcat/usb-...pter/products/

As for the APKs, keep testing it till you get the resolution you wanted. As many of the apks are for mobile phones or tablets, it may not work well on your mibox. Even if it works, it may be out of scale.

There's some stuff that works very well for the mibox though. I don't have facebook so I cannot comment but I have plenty of drama apps installed back and most of them are for tv shows downloaded from both the internet and 沙发管家. 沙发管家 is very optimized for mibox and android tv but then it's native mainland application.

If need be, get a keyboard with trackpad and connect it to the box. It will make your life alot easier if there's plenty of keying in to do, example configuring Kodi manually.

This is the most I can say... Stopped playing with this for quite a while. Now my free time is spent on PS4 and watching chinese dramas when I am on the go
Old 23-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #7

Your process of side loading is correct.

You can find something like this at home and see if you have it: https://www.verbatim.com/subcat/usb-...pter/products/

As for the APKs, keep testing it till you get the resolution you wanted. As many of the apks are for mobile phones or tablets, it may not work well on your mibox. Even if it works, it may be out of scale.

There's some stuff that works very well for the mibox though. I don't have facebook so I cannot comment but I have plenty of drama apps installed back and most of them are for tv shows downloaded from both the internet and 沙发管家. 沙发管家 is very optimized for mibox and android tv but then it's native mainland application.

If need be, get a keyboard with trackpad and connect it to the box. It will make your life alot easier if there's plenty of keying in to do, example configuring Kodi manually.

This is the most I can say... Stopped playing with this for quite a while. Now my free time is spent on PS4 and watching chinese dramas when I am on the go
actually i dont mind paying for the VPN but the price is quite expensive..
$110 for a year..

hence, got to try free one like touchvpn or supervpn..
hopefully with them, i can finally watch BWF live matches..

i actually bought a HDMI cable with android, thought could connect my phone and cast onto the tv/mibox
Old 23-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

actually i dont mind paying for the VPN but the price is quite expensive..
$110 for a year..

hence, got to try free one like touchvpn or supervpn..
hopefully with them, i can finally watch BWF live matches..

i actually bought a HDMI cable with android, thought could connect my phone and cast onto the tv/mibox
Hmm... If you have bought the cable for micro USB to HDMI, you don't need the box already as the HDMI should go direct to the tv. Mibox is for output to tv, not input. Go check your phone specs, see if it's compatible to do this. I can't be sure on this as I've been using iOS for the last few years.

Also, go check if your phone can do wireless mirroring. The newer mibox on stock Google OS should be compatible. I remember casting my iPhone VLC player to the tv back then. The catch is very simple. Mibox and phone just need to be in the same network environment to cast.
Old 23-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #9

Hmm... If you have bought the cable for micro USB to HDMI, you don't need the box already as the HDMI should go direct to the tv. Mibox is for output to tv, not input. Go check your phone specs, see if it's compatible to do this. I can't be sure on this as I've been using iOS for the last few years.

Also, go check if your phone can do wireless mirroring. The newer mibox on stock Google OS should be compatible. I remember casting my iPhone VLC player to the tv back then. The catch is very simple. Mibox and phone just need to be in the same network environment to cast.
sad to say, the cable dont link the videos..

i'm using huawei mate 20pro.. it can cast onto the mibox
but when i'm on supervpn, it can't.

i guess its the different network setting, hence better to install vpn on mibox, makes life easier for a noob
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.