HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #1186

You should still have some unit in the mid level available as for some reason the give up rate is quite high this time round until now around 89 ppl give up their chances.

By the way my queue is 545 going down on 28 June.

All the best future neighbor !!!
Let us know wats the status tmr? Roughly how many left etc thx
Taofufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #1187

Hi, Anyone can advise sengkang bto 3 room current q number?? Thanks

Last edited by Dora2204; 28-06-2019 at 11:19 AM..
Dora2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #1188

kallang/boon keng at 534 closing today. my number is ~650. shouldnt be able to get even a unit at boonkeng on my appointment next thurs.

but i confirm can get a good unit at kallang. my gf is worried about that place as its quite near to lupsup and the amenities suck around that area.

but i dont want to give up an opportunity to get a good floor at kallang if future redevelopments turn out well there, plus location wise it really doesnt lose out to boonkeng by alot. heard that there is govt talk about moving lupsup totally out of geylang

havent heard much about any discussion at kallang here. any experts can advise if i should just give up the good floor or just take the kallang as my 2nd choice?

thanks in advance
durant035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #1189

kallang/boon keng at 534 closing today. my number is ~650. shouldnt be able to get even a unit at boonkeng on my appointment next thurs.

but i confirm can get a good unit at kallang. my gf is worried about that place as its quite near to lupsup and the amenities suck around that area.

but i dont want to give up an opportunity to get a good floor at kallang if future redevelopments turn out well there, plus location wise it really doesnt lose out to boonkeng by alot. heard that there is govt talk about moving lupsup totally out of geylang

havent heard much about any discussion at kallang here. any experts can advise if i should just give up the good floor or just take the kallang as my 2nd choice?

thanks in advance
I will say don't worry too much about the lupsap but more on the noose coming from the main road and expressway. If you want to collect keys earlier kallang is definitely a good choice.

Posted from PCWX using WTS: NEW Samsung S10+ & S10e
FreshGradDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #1190

thanks in advance
The rest are active in the telegram chat.

As mentioned, you collect keys almost one year earlier, cheaper units compared to Boon Keng. Itís not very near the red light district so no worries about that. The plot is also not next to a hospital and a temple. Lots of food choices within walking distance.

The down side is that youíll have to bear with the noise from expressway/ trains/ main road. For the time being, there is no sheltered path to Kallang station and no bus service to Kallang Breeze.

Better to discuss with your partner and think through. The decision would stay for the next 8-9 years till MOP.

You didnít try your luck at Kempas Residences in May BTO?
thwysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 12:29 AM   #1191

nope i didn’t try kempas cos i didn’t expect all to chiong boon keng all at once. if the selection ratio of the 600 couples in front of me was maybe 70:30(bk vs kallang), i wouldn’t have such a hard time now

The rest are active in the telegram chat.

As mentioned, you collect keys almost one year earlier, cheaper units compared to Boon Keng. It’s not very near the red light district so no worries about that. The plot is also not next to a hospital and a temple. Lots of food choices within walking distance.

The down side is that you’ll have to bear with the noise from expressway/ trains/ main road. For the time being, there is no sheltered path to Kallang station and no bus service to Kallang Breeze.

Better to discuss with your partner and think through. The decision would stay for the next 8-9 years till MOP.

You didn’t try your luck at Kempas Residences in May BTO?
durant035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 01:21 AM   #1192

nope i didnít try kempas cos i didnít expect all to chiong boon keng all at once. if the selection ratio of the 600 couples in front of me was maybe 70:30(bk vs kallang), i wouldnít have such a hard time now
I wouldnít say that the amenities are bad. Thereís still a wet market/ hawker centre across the road. Fairprice and the coffee shops are just across the road too. Your Q number is at the tail end, no harm trying your luck at Kempas then. Quite a number of those who applied for Feb BTO and got lousy Q numbers, tried May BTO as well.

But if you both had given some thought and still wished to get a unit at Boon Keng regardless of the not-so-satisfactory conditions e.g. low floors, not desired stacks, etc., youíll just have to continue to monitor the ethnic quota till your appointment date. Good luck~
Old 28-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #1193

thanks in advance
hi I have just selected a unit in kallang breeze I would say that from day one I prefer kallang to boon keng as I really find boon keng very crowded. if you have time should go kallang area to have a walk it is really peaceful n quite. I got a lvl 11 unit. all I can say is am grateful that there is still some middle lvl for my tail end number. best luck to all future neighbors.
dance42001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #1194

hi I have just selected a unit in kallang breeze I would say that from day one I prefer kallang to boon keng as I really find boon keng very crowded. if you have time should go kallang area to have a walk it is really peaceful n quite. I got a lvl 11 unit. all I can say is am grateful that there is still some middle lvl for my tail end number. best luck to all future neighbors.
May i know roughly how many units are left after u? Thx
Taofufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #1195

Any queue number update for 5rm sengkang?
Don't see any telegram group for this area
domon17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #1196

Any queue number update for 5rm sengkang?
Don't see any telegram group for this area
Link - t.me/FernvaleVines_BTO
Old 29-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #1197

This is so true! Same here! Frm day one i already like Kallang more than boon keng. I selected my unit at Kallang breeze. 17th Floor. Until today, i can nvr understand why so many ppl rather choose boon keng than Kallang. If you talk abt noise lvl, boon keng is noisy for all units simply because it is in the intersection of many roads, right smack at the center while kallang has quieter units as long as u dont choose one that faces the mrt track. Moreover, boon keng feels rather old to me. With the KWS hospital, polyclinic n temple, its just too happening in the area. Kallang dont lose out in terms of food as well. If u travel abt 8mins by car, u have old airport food centre. And, to be honest, the greatest reason why i chose kallang was because it provide a great balance between city life and nature. Ecp is a short drive and u also have stadium whr u cn go for a swim or run nearby once the kallang riverside park is up. Life is so much more than city and surrounded by traffic/crowd.
pzl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #1198

Doubt got any units left for me to choose for Kallang. For those whom booked Kallang, care to share how you all determine your purchase of unit like direction or so on?
FormerPoorSGKia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #1199

Link - t.me/FernvaleVines_BTO
Thanks
domon17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 09:09 PM   #1200

This is so true! Same here! Frm day one i already like Kallang more than boon keng. I selected my unit at Kallang breeze. 17th Floor. Until today, i can nvr understand why so many ppl rather choose boon keng than Kallang. If you talk abt noise lvl, boon keng is noisy for all units simply because it is in the intersection of many roads, right smack at the center while kallang has quieter units as long as u dont choose one that faces the mrt track. Moreover, boon keng feels rather old to me. With the KWS hospital, polyclinic n temple, its just too happening in the area. Kallang dont lose out in terms of food as well. If u travel abt 8mins by car, u have old airport food centre. And, to be honest, the greatest reason why i chose kallang was because it provide a great balance between city life and nature. Ecp is a short drive and u also have stadium whr u cn go for a swim or run nearby once the kallang riverside park is up. Life is so much more than city and surrounded by traffic/crowd.
I used to stay somewhere near YCK station, behind Presbyterian High. Itís not like what you think to be - by choosing some unit that is not facing the tracks and you wonít be able to hear it. More so because we were used to it, growing up with that noise. It is that reason that my SO and I have always decided units with underground train tracks. And not everyone has the luxury of owning a car like you do. Thus accessibility via public transport is very important to us.

Everyone has his/ her reasons for choosing a particular area and specific stacks and units. Donít have to say till as if Boon Keng is worthless.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.