HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #1201

I used to stay somewhere near YCK station, behind Presbyterian High. Itís not like what you think to be - by choosing some unit that is not facing the tracks and you wonít be able to hear it. More so because we were used to it, growing up with that noise. It is that reason that my SO and I have always decided units with underground train tracks. And not everyone has the luxury of owning a car like you do. Thus accessibility via public transport is very important to us.

Everyone has his/ her reasons for choosing a particular area and specific stacks and units. Donít have to say till as if Boon Keng is worthless.

That isnt even my point. If u read below, people are asking for opinions on kallang so itís just my own thoughts. If you think i make boon keng sound worthless then thrs nth i can do. FYI, there are also a lot of ppl who made kallang sound worthless. Noise lvl? Near Lupsup?

So, the whole time what iím just trying to say is... Noise pollution is generated from many things not just MRT tracks. I live near a main road that is not even busy but its already noisy. Living at area with underground train tracks but in the middle of busy roads & crowded places doesnt make it any less noisy. And, i didnít say i have a car? Living at kallang or boon keng donít need a car at all. Both are equally well developed. I dk about boon keng but kallangís BTO is 5-6mins walk to kallang mrt which is also vry well connected to other MRT lines. So, no car is needed. Also, some ppl talk abt it being near lupsup, isnít lupsup everywhere? Doesnít have to be near Geylang to see a lupsup. Nowadays there are more lupsups online than offline.

But yea you are right. Everyone has their own reasons so these are mine. Iím just saying how i feel. Donít have to be so offended. At the end of the day, everything has its good n bad depending on how u see it. Thereís no point in us debating. Hope you understand~
pzl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #1202

Since there's some debate on Kallang/Whampoa bto, maybe I'll share my views on it too. I applied and got a 4-digit number, received an appointment date but I'm guessing the chinese quota will be used up before I even get to go down to HDB.

I applied under the MCPS scheme, and only the Boon Keng plot was within the 4km radius from my parents place. Yes, I was aiming for Boon Keng right from the start as it was nearer to my parents' but I thought the Kallang plot was equally good too.

Waiting time - Kallang Breeze will be ready in 3Q2022, whereas Towner Crest requires additional one year and will only be ready in 3Q2023. This really depends on how urgent you need the house, some can afford to wait and some can't.

Location - both are damn good location!! right outside the city-centre of the country.

Boon keng is right in the middle of NEL with 3 stops to Serangoon(CCL) and on the opposite side just 3 stops to Dhoby Ghaut(NSL/CCL). Towner Crest is just 5 mins walk from the Boon Keng station. You can also easily walk to Bendemeer station(DTL) within 10mins from Towner Crest.

Kallang, located on EWL with 2 stops to Paya Lebar(CCL), 2 stops to Bugis(DTL) and 3 stops to City Hall(NSL). Kallang Breeze is just 5-10mins walk from Kallang station. If you work in the city, I would say this might be a better choice.

Noise pollution and traffic wise, I would say both are equally bad. I personally lived beside an expressway and mrt track before but you'll just get used to it over time.

Personally I feel Boon Keng has more of a heartland feel, while Kallang is closer to a city feel. So it really depends on what you like.

Honestly, I am surprised that most people went for Towner Crest instead of Kallang Breeze. I was expecting the take up rate to be 50:50. Then again, beggars can't be choosers especially when its so hard to get a bto these days. If given the chance to go down to HDB to select and with decent units available, I wouldn't hesitate to choose either one.

I always believe anyone who gets to stay at Towner Crest and Kallang Breeze or even the newer Kempas Residences are all lucky people! I mean just look at the odds
theslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #1203

be like iphone1s - stay in Kallang.

Kallang FTW!
Old 06-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #1204

Hi, bro and sis... Mind sharing with me what is the queue number updates now for Feb 2019 KALLANG BTO 3 ROOM as of now? Please please. Thank you.
Duabuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 AM   #1205

Hi, bro and sis... Mind sharing with me what is the queue number updates now for Feb 2019 KALLANG BTO 3 ROOM as of now? Please please. Thank you.
Last queue number as at 5 July 2019 is 275.

Actually if you have a queue number, can just log into your MyHDB account to check the last number called.
thwysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:55 AM   #1206

Actually if you have a queue number, can just log into your MyHDB account to check the last number called.

Hi... Dun have appt that's why cannot see. Very sad.. Sob sob... Btw thank you bro for checking for me.... Wish you get what you want also bro.. Tqtq
Old 06-07-2019, 12:55 AM   #1207

Got q but no appt date.. Cannot see
Old 06-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #1208

Hi... Dun have appt that's why cannot see. Very sad.. Sob sob... Btw thank you bro for checking for me.... Wish you get what you want also bro.. Tqtq
Got q but no appt date.. Cannot see
The selection is actually ending according to some in the telegram group. You sure youíve gotten a Q number for Kallang/Whampoa Feb BTO? Or is it for May BTO?

Thereís updates on the Q number within the group every morning.
Towner Crest/ Kallang Breeze BTO - t.me/btofeb19tckb
Old 06-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #1209

The selection is actually ending according to some in the telegram group. You sure youíve gotten a Q number for Kallang/Whampoa Feb BTO? Or is it for May BTO?

Thereís updates on the Q number within the group every morning.
Towner Crest/ Kallang Breeze BTO - t.me/btofeb19tckb

Sorry bro.. Its 4 room... Till now no update... Psps.. Got queue but no appt... Dunno the update at all... I check the myhdb page, but no update leh.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #1210

Sorry bro.. Its 4 room... Till now no update... Psps.. Got queue but no appt... Dunno the update at all... I check the myhdb page, but no update leh.
Oh. Last Q number for 4rm is 682 as at 6 July 2019. Not many units left for Towner Crest, depends on your race quota. Thereís still units at Kallang Breeze.

Check under ďMaps/ Plans & Flats AvailabilityĒ.
https://esales.hdb.gov.sg/bp25/launch/19feb/selection/19FEBBTOKWN_page_6280/$file/about1.html
Old 07-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #1211

Waaa bro.. Why you know both number ah?? Power leh..
Old 07-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #1212

Waaa bro.. Why you know both number ah?? Power leh..
Join the telegram group and youíll have the updates of the Q and selected units everyday.
Duabuits likes this.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #1213

Bro. How do I join. I abit noob on this type of things.. Can link me up? Tq
Old 07-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #1214

Bro. How do I join. I abit noob on this type of things.. Can link me up? Tq
t.me/btofeb19tckb

It was indicated in one of my posts yesterday.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:40 AM   #1215

Hi, just to side track a little...
Anyone know if thereís a telegram group for Nov 19 BTO? Or Amk BTO?

Thanks!
Roseyviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.