HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #121

I applied for Canberra but did not get a queue number... was thinking to either wait to see if there is sbf left but honestly I doubt there will be any left Now I am thinking of the Seng Kang Feb 19 BTO but am not sure if I should cos have not been there much... asked my parents for advise and they say that I should go ahead and try as the area is near Jalan Kayu and Jalan Kayu is gonna turn into the second Holland Village soon🤔 what do you all think?
XuannnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #122

I applied for Canberra but did not get a queue number... was thinking to either wait to see if there is sbf left but honestly I doubt there will be any left Now I am thinking of the Seng Kang Feb 19 BTO but am not sure if I should cos have not been there much... asked my parents for advise and they say that I should go ahead and try as the area is near Jalan Kayu and Jalan Kayu is gonna turn into the second Holland Village soon🤔 what do you all think?
If taking LRT is not an issue for you i think you can try . Im also hoping there will be SBF for Canberra.
rieanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 10:23 PM   #123

I think can go ahead and try. There's quite a few of new amenities going up around that area. It's super near Jalan Kayu, a lot of good food there. Near to Seletar mall and future CC. A few stops on LRT to Sengkang MRT / Sengkang Hospital (not that you need it) and the Sports Complex. Of the 3, I think SK has the lesser competition in Feb 19. Good Luck if you are trying!
AnonymousGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #124

Thank you guys for the advise!! I will discuss with my partner about SK😁 am still not very confident tho😭 as I have stayed at AMK all my life so not sure about places that need to use LRT and purple line to get to places...😅
Old 16-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #125
Arch-Supremacy Member

About the BTO site at Sengkang, situated next to a LRT station means that it is near to everything.

1 stop away from Seletar Mall.
2 stops away from Sengkang Sports Centre.
3 or 4 stops away from Sengkang Town Centre.

Also, it is within 2km radius from Nan Chiau Primary School, and within 1km radius from 3 primary schools (Fernvale, Ferngreen, Sengkang Green).

But, in terms of traveling to the city (reference: Dhoby Ghaut),

The Sengkang BTO is around 40 minutes ride on the LRT and NEL.

Whereas the Jurong West BTOs are around 61-63 minutes ride on the EWL and NSL.

(inclusive of walking, based on Google maps)

The Sengkang BTO is nearer to the city.

Personally, I think Sengkang BTO is better.

Would recommend putting Sengkang BTO as first choice, Jalan Boon Lay BTO as second choice, and Jurong West Street 93 BTO as third choice.

I'm not sure how this BTO thing works. But if given a choice, this is the order of choice that I recommend.
Very detailed write up.

I'm sure a lot of readers here will benefit.

Thanks for the contribution!
muddywaters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #126
Supremacy Member

Anywhere I able to know the price for this upcoming BTO?
exterminazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #127

Anywhere I able to know the price for this upcoming BTO?
https://www.srx.com.sg/hdb/bto

estimated only, haven't launch so we can't know the real price
shairi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #128

I'm waiting for the application date, most likely will go for Sengkang area
Old 17-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #129

Personally i'd be cautious to say Seletar Mall is an attractive feature of the upcoming SK bto. I was there on a weekend and it was wayyy too crowded, comparable to NEX @ Serangoon. Cannot imagine it in the future when more BTOs around the area will come up.

That being said I will still go for SK cos near my hse hahaha
misstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #130

Questions for the experts here, will they ask if you have disposed of a private property 30 months prior when the application opens?

Scenario: Sold a private property and 30 months later will be 1st March 2019, so not sure if can apply for a BTO in Feb 2019.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #131
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any1 know how to cancel the bto application ah ?

I wamma chage size for the tengah
Cannot change once selected, or do you mean you want to cancel Tengah and go for this BTO?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 02:31 PM   #132
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think I will try for Kallang/Whampoa this time.

For Nov 18 BTO, I tried for Canberra and my number is 19*/96 so that's pretty much goodbye. But I think Kallang/Whampoa will be overly subscribed too.

My friend who stays nearby said the boards are up for the Boon Keng site.
It will be worse than Canberra for sure but luck is a strange thing .
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #133
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its a no brainer.

Only one worth considering is Whampoa simply coz of location.

The other 2 at such ulu locations if u even considering then just wait for better launches in that estates.

Sengkang, seriously!?
jerichoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #134

Will it be before CNY or after 🤔
Leebe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #135

Its a no brainer.

Only one worth considering is Whampoa simply coz of location.

The other 2 at such ulu locations if u even considering then just wait for better launches in that estates.

Sengkang, seriously!?
Mind sharing why you think SengKang is not a good place? Cos like 1 minute walk to LRT, 1 stop to Seletar Mall and 4 stops to Purple line doesn’t sound too bad 🤔
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.