HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bto?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #1

Bto?

Hello , I currently turn 21 but Iím still studying but I have been working full time , home base basis and have proof of CPF for 12 months but my soon to be husband is still waiting for army. Can I still apply for BTO in the upcoming launch in nov 2020
Zeeetyzet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:57 PM   #2
Great Supremacy Member

Hello , I currently turn 21 but Iím still studying but I have been working full time , home base basis and have proof of CPF for 12 months but my soon to be husband is still waiting for army. Can I still apply for BTO in the upcoming launch in nov 2020
can apply
good luck to you!
marry early best!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:38 PM   #3

can apply
good luck to you!
marry early best!
Is it better for me to apply for the defer assessment scheme? Will it affect my chance on getting a house?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
Great Supremacy Member

Is it better for me to apply for the defer assessment scheme? Will it affect my chance on getting a house?
That depends on what flat what price you want to get
And your max loan amount

More intrigued by how come you so young so sure want to marry this BF
You sound as brave as aunty polar back then
Old 02-08-2020, 01:20 AM   #5

That depends on what flat what price you want to get
And your max loan amount

More intrigued by how come you so young so sure want to marry this BF
You sound as brave as aunty polar back then
Hahaha we were friends for many years before we paktor! Many interest together
Old 02-08-2020, 08:43 AM   #6
Great Supremacy Member

applying BTO also has a few different strataegies depending on what you want to do next

what's your family planning? get married breed kids live in BTO lifelong? or get married get a easy to ballot BTO live in 5 yrs sell off upgrade to condo? too many combination already.

lastly if you cash rich then don't need the income deferment things lar
Old 02-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unless your combined financial situation isn't going to look good five years down the road, no harm applying for BTO as soon as possible. The earlier the better, as you will likely need to wait about 5 years before you can move in.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:39 AM   #8

applying BTO also has a few different strataegies depending on what you want to do next

what's your family planning? get married breed kids live in BTO lifelong? or get married get a easy to ballot BTO live in 5 yrs sell off upgrade to condo? too many combination already.

lastly if you cash rich then don't need the income deferment things lar
No rush on the kids we want to enjoy first ! Hahaha
Old 02-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #9

Unless your combined financial situation isn't going to look good five years down the road, no harm applying for BTO as soon as possible. The earlier the better, as you will likely need to wait about 5 years before you can move in.
Yah! That was what I was thinking . As I work full time and study full time I still do have income to survive and I will be graduating in April next year by then I will have higher paying job and my boyfriend will be in the army in 3 months and he would want to sign on . So I Guess his bond could help with the house .
Old 02-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
Great Supremacy Member

Yah! That was what I was thinking . As I work full time and study full time I still do have income to survive and I will be graduating in April next year by then I will have higher paying job and my boyfriend will be in the army in 3 months and he would want to sign on . So I Guess his bond could help with the house .
but what you plan to carry out can make your BTO choices polar opposites

3/4/5rm types in many differenta area,buy to live in lifelong is different from buy to live MOP then sell off
Old 02-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #11
Great Supremacy Member

xmm
you BF how old now? waiting for army to call up for NS ar?means he'll only have NS allowance for the next 2.5 yrs lor
Old 02-08-2020, 09:56 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

No problem... even if you ballot and select successfully for the Nov 2020 exercise, you likely only have to start paying it off in 2025.

Does he intend to get a degree ?
Old 04-08-2020, 10:44 PM   #13

xmm
you BF how old now? waiting for army to call up for NS ar?means he'll only have NS allowance for the next 2.5 yrs lor
Yup waiting for army to be called! I own a business myself so probably I will start paying first , he plan to sign on so its good!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #14
Great Supremacy Member

Yup waiting for army to be called! I own a business myself so probably I will start paying first , he plan to sign on so its good!
Then you may as well use your own name as owner and your BF as essential occupier
Since youíd be paying it alone in the short term.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #15
High Supremacy Member

Then you may as well use your own name as owner and your BF as essential occupier
Since youíd be paying it alone in the short term.
Wow, already thinking long term for TS on the upgrade path to own an HDB, and condo, without incurring ABSD.
Polar Bear King likes this.
Pokťmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.