HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bto after divorce

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #1

Bto after divorce

Would like to know as currently I got a bto with my wife with a daughter and son. If we apply for divorce, is it possible to change the bto family nucleus from me and my wife to me and my son?

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT
AndRiy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #2

You better check with HDB direct.

Would like to know as currently I got a bto with my wife with a daughter and son. If we apply for divorce, is it possible to change the bto family nucleus from me and my wife to me and my son?

laccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #3

Bro, sorry to hear about the divorce. Its painful and I know how it feels.

I guess the best person to check with is, HDB. However, I believe that HDB will ask you how old is your son? Because if your son is working, then he can co-pay the house. But that takes 1 chance away from him in future when he wants to get a BTO himself.

If he is still young, then I believe they want to see your ability to service the loan.

But all is not lost. Should your son marries a Singaporean lady, he will be blessed with the chances of the first timer, if the girl have not applied for any BTO before. But, I don't know if they will impose a levy after that. Do check on all these details. Worst is they come as a surprise thereafter.

Hope all is well for you and your family bro.
Old 23-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #4

You got BTO as in you applied and now waiting or currently living? If still waiting, one of you can retain the application provided that the child is under your custody.

If you are already living there, this decision is up to the court, not HDB. I assume that your HDB is bought as a matrimonial house, not inherited by parents. Thereby it is considered an asset that must be disposed OR transferred for sole ownership with agreement from both spouse under court.

My honest opinion is that the likelihood of both outcome is that your BTO is either cancelled or sold off. You will need to reapply later on as divorce takes time and HDB wants all the paperwork upfront before they can make any changes.
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #5

Is currently waiting. As my wife is pr. So the loan is under me. So shouldn't b a problem

AndRiy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #6

best is to work things out and dont divorce. It's one's forgiving that one is forgiven.

Forgiving is a gift you give yourself.
greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 09:08 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is currently waiting. As my wife is pr. So the loan is under me. So shouldn't b a problem

If you have legal custody of one or both children, you definitely qualified to purchase BTO. But since you already have applied, the issue is whether HDB allows any change in the application from joint applicant to single applicant. Note, child/children need not be applicant as you alone qualify with child/children as (essential) occupier/s.

May be your wife is not co-applicant since she PR. If that's the case, then unlikely any problem.

Last edited by henrylbh; 25-04-2019 at 09:10 PM..
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

You got BTO as in you applied and now waiting or currently living? If still waiting, one of you can retain the application provided that the child is under your custody.

If you are already living there, this decision is up to the court, not HDB. I assume that your HDB is bought as a matrimonial house, not inherited by parents. Thereby it is considered an asset that must be disposed OR transferred for sole ownership with agreement from both spouse under court.

My honest opinion is that the likelihood of both outcome is that your BTO is either cancelled or sold off. You will need to reapply later on as divorce takes time and HDB wants all the paperwork upfront before they can make any changes.
Rules and regulations has changed.
No need the final judgement to buy flat with child custody.
For more info, look up hdb or call them
A Better Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.