BTO reno cost effectively

Yuppie98

Reaction score
And deal with their mood very emotional, sensitive, cannot be corrected, if you want to correct them you must say it in a way that they feel good. They might runaway with your money or hold your job too.

Use an ID good price won’t run away. I share a contact with u.

I wonder how it's like hiring a contractor vs an ID.
If hire ID just have to tell him the general idea you have and he will come with the design.

Then if hire contractor I have to tell him which color vinyl floor from which company I want? Everything must tell contractor ?

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
I have set aside 50k for my 2rm mini nest .
But after some homework , l have plan to DIY as in hiring contractor , self painting and omit ID. I dont think ID is much needed for 2rm and further more roughly know what l want .

What’s the budget you have set aside for your BTO renovation?

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Screeding today.

9ms1bCu.jpg

Keshajones

Reaction score
used a msia contractor 5room 30+k, kitchen, + 3 build in wardrobe, + panel to conceal bomb shelter.

Hi, is the contractor company based in sg? pardon me asking ah.. but just wondering if it's in HDB approved list of CASE-trust accredited one? your reno cost is really reasonable!

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Do not take such risk,

1. the fine for HDB owner is $5k if your contractor is doesn’t qualify for permit application, or he hack a beam, overheight floor etc.

2. He doesn’t have a paid up capital in spore for you to sue. Forget about case trust they do nothing just publicity and collect fees from company to use their logo.

3. The price is not attractive.

Hi, is the contractor company based in sg? pardon me asking ah.. but just wondering if it's in HDB approved list of CASE-trust accredited one? your reno cost is really reasonable!

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sorry to borrow your thread.
is 10k enough to do false ceiling/cabinet for kitchen?
wardrobe for MBR too but scared not enough space.

36WmOuq.png

might want to do soundproof on the pillar of the two bedrooms, and living room too but separate budget.

Yuppie98

Reaction score
I don’t have unit cost pfr for wardrobe.
Kitchen cabinet there are promo @$75-$89 PFR & $90 pfr for surface top w backsplash. So u need to gauge are u making one side kitchen cabinet + island counter.

Might be around 15k if there’s wardrobe but I’m not sure.
However if you were to get PAX system from Ikea it’ll not cost so much, it’s similar to custom-made wardrobe. Also it’s not advisable to do fix wardrobe because U can’t bring it with u when u sell and/or when u readjust your rooms.

sorry to borrow your thread.
is 10k enough to do false ceiling/cabinet for kitchen?
wardrobe for MBR too but scared not enough space.

36WmOuq.png

might want to do soundproof on the pillar of the two bedrooms, and living room too but separate budget.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thank you so much for the insights.
I'm thinking can I easily get those wardrobe with sliding doors.

Yuppie98

Reaction score
There are different doors models for u to choose from, u can take drop by to see if any suits your style before deciding to custom made, alternatively if u want to custom made see if u can get them to make those that you can take it with u when u sell e house.

thank you so much for the insights.
I'm thinking can I easily get those wardrobe with sliding doors.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.