HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buy forett or penrose?

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2020, 01:03 AM   #46
Master Member

Donít worry. This GLS is LH not FH. So Forett stands out still coz FH!!

Hehe, u shouldnít say it out loud.
There r many forett supporters there.
U r a party spoiler
1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:07 AM   #47
Master Member

Don’t worry. This GLS is LH not FH. So Forett stands out still coz FH!!
Do You know forett’s former enbloc condo is named for a reason? It’s called “good luck garden”
Old 02-08-2020, 01:12 AM   #48

Hmm...Is forett within walking distance to the new beauty world shopping Malls or mrt?
As far as I understand, almost every districts has undergone some forms of amenities improvement like bigger shopping Malls, mrt. Is beauty world transformation more unique than others?
Are there any job creation in D21?
Is 10 mins considered walking distance? For me, I feel okay leh. I walked the ground and itís comfortable, or just 2-3 bus stops down on days that you are lazy.

Unique that the transformation are happening around the same time period. Imagine Jurong Point and Tampines hub built tgt at the same time. Maybe not as large scale but the population density at D21 area is lower anyway. Iím sure after transport facilities and community facilities are built, the surrounding areas receive a good boost.

Job creation look to Jurong Lake District and Innovation District. If you agree that Clementi will reap the benefits of being next to Jurong Lake area. Then same can be said for Toh Tuck area as driving distance wise itís the same, 10-13 mins drive. Checked on Google maps, using forett and PC as reference.

Last edited by lucario1806; 02-08-2020 at 01:28 AM..
lucario1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:12 AM   #49
Master Member

Weeeeeee.
Letís see launch weekend sales ...
Do You know forettís former enbloc condo is named for a reason? Itís called ďgood luck gardenĒ
Old 02-08-2020, 01:15 AM   #50
Master Member

Is 10 mins considered walking distance? For me, I feel okay leh. I walked the ground and it’s comfortable, or just 2-3 bus stops down on days that you are lazy.

Unique that the transformation are happening around the same time period. Imagine Jurong Point and Tampines hub built tgt at the same time. Maybe not as large scale but the population density at D21 area is lower anyway. I’m sure after transported facilities and community facilities are built, the surrounding areas receive a good boost.

Job creation look to Jurong Lake District and Innovation District. If you agree that Clementi will reap the benefits of being next to Jurong Lake area. Then same can be said for Toh Tuck area as driving distance wise it’s the same, 10-13 mins drive. Checked on Google maps, using forett and PC as reference.
Hehe, no right or wrong, just different perceptions nia. Can agree to disagree.
The biggest fear I always had is stiff competition and oversupply in any districts.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 02-08-2020 at 01:19 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:17 AM   #51
Master Member

Weeeeeee.
Let’s see launch weekend sales ...
At least 250 groups of pple still bother to fill up forms and submit Cheque.
As a neutral bystander of D21, I’m also keen to watch how it performs.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:22 AM   #52

The GLS plot is still on reserve list. Not sure when will it be release. Seems like people are excited for a reserve transformation.

On side note, it will also add on to the residential supply in D21.
It will hence be a competitor for current & upcoming D21 launches. For future buyers, they might be looking at this intergrated hub for convenience. What makes Forett, Linq, Ki ,daintree, View stand out from this intergrated development then?
Ki residences cannot compare. Although FH in D21 but location is very bad. All the way inside sunset way, cannot compare to any on the list.

Linq is freehold and it the most convenient location but small development, 100+ units. Might not have adequate full condo facilities and lack healthy level of transactions to pull price up. Linq also priced at estimated $2000 - $2100 psf, which is a lot more expensive.

Daintree, Verdale and View at Kismis are all LH. Short term I agree not much diff from FH, rental yield will be better. But long term, forett being FH and a medium sized development should hold its value better and possibly appreciate more in the long run.

The new integrated development sure to be $2300 and above. Will make a previously $1800 FH condo which is only 10 mins away look like a bargain imo. I think will help pull Forett resale price up when it launches.

Last edited by lucario1806; 02-08-2020 at 01:30 AM..
Old 02-08-2020, 01:23 AM   #53

Do You know forettís former enbloc condo is named for a reason? Itís called ďgood luck gardenĒ
Haha I donít understand leh! Good luck is good luck mah. Interpret as the place a lot of good luck lor 😂
Old 02-08-2020, 01:27 AM   #54

Hehe, no right or wrong, just different perceptions nia. Can agree to disagree.
The biggest fear I always had is stiff competition and oversupply in any districts.
I see I see. Thanks for the discussion tho. Appreciate some balance, rather than all the sweet talk by the sales agents. I agree stiff competition and oversupply are big issues. But I believe if your condo stands out then itís less of an issue. If the condo is just like another 99Y LH with 100+ units Iím D21, then Iím quite worried too.

Ahhh haha abit stressed. Will see Forett pricing on 8 Aug and discuss further with my agent. Haha and engage yíall in more discussions to get more opinions.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:29 AM   #55
Master Member

Haha I donít understand leh! Good luck is good luck mah. Interpret as the place a lot of good luck lor 😂
Hehe, just trying to be cheeky

I still feel forett is bought for self stay, definitely not for investment purpose.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:30 AM   #56
Master Member

I see I see. Thanks for the discussion tho. Appreciate some balance, rather than all the sweet talk by the sales agents. I agree stiff competition and oversupply are big issues. But I believe if your condo stands out then it’s less of an issue. If the condo is just like another 99Y LH with 100+ units I’m D21, then I’m quite worried too.

Ahhh haha abit stressed. Will see Forett pricing on 8 Aug and discuss further with my agent. Haha and engage y’all in more discussions to get more opinions.
Oh, is forett your shortlisted choice?
Another unknown factor is how close the linq and forett will be priced.
If priced too close, say 100psf difference, won’t it be better to go for the linq?
(Ie forett 1.9kpsf, the linq at 2kpsf etc)

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 02-08-2020 at 01:33 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:32 AM   #57
Master Member

I Guess youíre in for Forett? All the best bro! 2 bedder I presume?

I see I see. Thanks for the discussion tho. Appreciate some balance, rather than all the sweet talk by the sales agents. I agree stiff competition and oversupply are big issues. But I believe if your condo stands out then itís less of an issue. If the condo is just like another 99Y LH with 100+ units Iím D21, then Iím quite worried too.

Ahhh haha abit stressed. Will see Forett pricing on 8 Aug and discuss further with my agent. Haha and engage yíall in more discussions to get more opinions.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:33 AM   #58

I still feel forett is bought for self stay, definitely not for investment purpose.
Yeappp I agree with you on this too. Rental I the area is honestly bad. But living there is nice. Food and nature there is great, location wise not bad either. Iím looking for an ownstay. But also trying to be greedy, hoping to reap some good capital appreciation if ever I want to sell.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:33 AM   #59
Master Member

Disregard FH/LH,I will pick View@Kismis 2B1T for same quantum as 1+Study Forett, $8xxk.
As bachelor, nice to have extra room for guest too.

Last edited by 1993newbie; 02-08-2020 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-08-2020, 01:35 AM   #60

Oh, is forett your shortlisted choice?
Another unknown factor is how close the linq and forett will be priced.
If priced too close, say 100psf difference, wonít it be better to go for the linq?
Yes it is, will be balloting haha. If the price is right, likely to buy into Forett.

Oooh if $100 psf difference then Linq is a better option. I read from some sources (sorry canít rmb) that Linq will be $2000-2100 psf leh! Better check with my agent again haha
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.