Buy forett or penrose?

lucario1806

Reaction score
Is 23m away from neighbours really too close? Sales agent say no issue, 15m then really jialat. My own agent and I agree 23m is still too close. Best to be at least 30m or more.

689 will face neighbour ard 23m away, either lawn or pool facing. 721 will be corner facing into the forest strip and signature park further back.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Is 23m away from neighbours really too close? Sales agent say no issue, 15m then really jialat. My own agent and I agree 23m is still too close. Best to be at least 30m or more.

689 will face neighbour ard 23m away. 721 will be corner facing into the forest strip and signature park further back

23m is damn close. :D
Actually don’t quite like the site plan of Forett for this reason, too cramp.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
23m too close. Hence the 721sqft is ideal since it’s on the left side of the development n facing the forest strip. More privacy. If not every night Macam fish tank Liao. Must draw curtain.

689 will face neighbour ard 23m away, either lawn or pool facing. 721 will be corner facing into the forest strip and signature park further back.

lucario1806

Reaction score
23m is damn close. :D
Actually don’t quite like the site plan of Forett for this reason, too cramp.

Mhm have considered this as a downside too. Agree that it looks cramp. Will this affect your capital appreciation even if you get a corner unit not facing neighbours?

lucario1806

Reaction score
23m too close. Hence the 721sqft is ideal since it’s on the left side of the development n facing the forest strip. More privacy. If not every night Macam fish tank Liao. Must draw curtain.

Hahaha good analogy. Aye reaffirm 721 as first choice! Hope that the price gap is not too large!

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coz my development also similar de. (5stories) 600+units. Low rise and close to one another. The developer make it up by placing pools in between the blocks so that 80% of the units will enjoy pool view if you look down. 10 pools over 15 blocks.

I choose a corner unit coz got extra window in living + toilet window too. Rare for one bedder especially.
Hahaha good analogy. Aye reaffirm 721 as first choice! Hope that the price gap is not too large!

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

With more privacy facing and larger than 689sqft, I suspect 721sqft layout (with all ac ledge and kitchen behind) will be priced at a premium compared to others since it’s also a corner unit.

Do be mindful of how big is the price gap. Keep your option open.

lucario1806

Reaction score
Coz my development also similar de. (5stories) 600+units. Low rise and close to one another. The developer make it up by placing pools in between the blocks so that 80% of the units will enjoy pool view if you look down. 10 pools over 15 blocks.

I choose a corner unit coz got extra window in living and got toilet window too. Rare for one bedder especially.

Oooh I see. Does this closeness between blocks hinder capital appreciation for your unit and for the development as a whole? Or it’s not a deal breaker?

lucario1806

Reaction score
With more privacy facing and larger than 689sqft, I suspect 721sqft layout (with all ac ledge and kitchen behind) will be priced at a premium compared to others since it’s also a corner unit.

Do be mindful of how big is the price gap. Keep your option open.

Yes thank you for your advice. Will keep the keep this in mind!

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought resale de. Neighbours that bought direct from developer during launch so far 147 profitable transactions & 15 Unprofitable and most of it are penthouse units.

Still see healthy volume in resale market so I Guess it’s not a deal breaker.

Oooh I see. Does this closeness between blocks hinder capital appreciation for your unit and for the development as a whole? Or it’s not a deal breaker?

Last edited:

lucario1806

Reaction score
I bought resale de. Neighbours that bought direct from developer during launch so far more than 130+ profitable transactions. Unprofitable less than 20 and most of it are penthouse units.

Still see healthy volume in resale market so I Guess it’s not a deal breaker.

I see I see! Good to know and hear from someone living in a similar situation.

lucario1806

Reaction score
For your reference, though his pronunciation is not that excellent. :D

Ah yes have watch this before. Appreciate Stephen’s videos as well. Only a little bit hard to understand what he says, but defo A for effort. Haha still waiting for his second follow up video for forett leh!

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Ah yes have watch this before. Appreciate Stephen’s videos as well. Only a little bit hard to understand what he says, but defo A for effort. Haha still waiting for his second follow up video for forett leh!

Remember his last line.... can consider if below 1900psf.

If anything above 1900psf, I feel it’s not worth it and may be quite close to the linq pricing.

lucario1806

Reaction score
Thank you bro Nishizhu and 1993newbie for the discussion. Got really valuable knowledge and perspective from you guys. Appreciate that! 🙏🙏 Pretty late alr haha have a good rest as well

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
Thank you bro Nishizhu and 1993newbie for the discussion. Got really valuable knowledge and perspective from you guys. Appreciate that! ���� Pretty late alr haha have a good rest as well

You all discuss until 5 full pages. Took me quite sometime to read leh :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.