HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buying a condo before 30

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #31

yes, most of us buy based on our projected earnings but that was when we already got a certain amount in cash/investment/cpf..

general rule of thumb (for me anyway) is to have a personal net worth of 50% of the net price of the property before i decide to really put money on it.

so if you want to buy a million dollar property, you (and your partner) better have at least 500k combined net worth.

i just dropped money on a small unit that cost about 800k and i only did it when i reached a personal liquidable net worth of 400k.
True, I also made sure I paid one lump sum before I commit. More then half the unit cost.
Pokémon likes this.
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #32

You bought one bedroom condo? What if next time u want to marry and start a family?
Yes 1BR... that’s the future to think about. 2 pax can comfortably stay in a 1BR too anyway.
ohmyglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #33

Yes 1BR... that’s the future to think about. 2 pax can comfortably stay in a 1BR too anyway.
True, a great minister once said "You need a very small space to have sex", even after baby born most likely parents will be staying in same room as baby for first 3-6 years.

Plenty of time to work on an upgrade afterwards

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...o-child-belief <--- source of quote
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #34
Banned

shd be able to if you are prudent in saving up

but i dont think can afford anything about 750k
kindaichi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #35

What is the point of buying one bedder when you are young, you dont intend to get married or dont want to have kids? What about future wife insisted to have kid? Maybe by 30 years old you hv sufficient money to buy a one bedded, but will you have anything left?
Hoo8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #36
High Supremacy Member

What is the point of buying one bedder when you are young, you dont intend to get married or dont want to have kids? What about future wife insisted to have kid? Maybe by 30 years old you hv sufficient money to buy a one bedded, but will you have anything left?
Everyone has their own choices in life. There is no need to impose your belief unto others.

Plans can always change, and there should be enough time for TS to decide what the next step would be when those things you mentioned form part of his life.

Why worry so much now when you do not even know whether they would definitely be part of your life?

What do you mean by 'will you have anything left'? You seem to speak with certainty of someone else's life. Who knows TS would meet a rich SO, buys a 5 bedder instead...?
yamashita likes this.
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #37

True, a great minister once said "You need a very small space to have sex", even after baby born most likely parents will be staying in same room as baby for first 3-6 years.

Plenty of time to work on an upgrade afterwards

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...o-child-belief <--- source of quote
Haha at the minister’s comment and agree with what you said. The thing is I don’t intend to marry or have kids so I’m comfortable living on my own in the 1BR.

Last edited by ohmyglob; 22-09-2018 at 02:46 PM..
Old 22-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #38

shd be able to if you are prudent in saving up

but i dont think can afford anything about 750k
I’ve been saving for many years since the polytechnic days (worked part time every weekends) and even so the max I can afford is 700k.
Old 22-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #39

Everyone has their own choices in life. There is no need to impose your belief unto others.

Plans can always change, and there should be enough time for TS to decide what the next step would be when those things you mentioned form part of his life.

Why worry so much now when you do not even know whether they would definitely be part of your life?

What do you mean by 'will you have anything left'? You seem to speak with certainty of someone else's life. Who knows TS would meet a rich SO, buys a 5 bedder instead...?
Agree with what Pokemon said, to each his own - even if we disagree, there's no need to impose our beliefs on others.

One can always start off from a one-bedder and move up based on changing needs.

yamashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.