HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Clavon@Clementi

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2020, 01:11 AM   #886
Supremacy Member

Big units seems popular when it comes to resale in Clementi, most of it are AYE facing btw.

This year:
> Clement canopy has seen 3units of 4 bedder transacted.
> Parc riviera has seen 4units of 4bedder transacted.
On another hand, itís diff demographic when it comes to Sims drive.

Most of the units resold in SUO are 1bedders with 20 of it resold this year.
Biggest unit resold for SUO are 5 units of 3 bedders. No 4 bedders transacted this year.
Hence this tells on the demand for own stay buyers vs Investors.
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 01:21 AM   #887
Supremacy Member

PENROSE, CLAVON analysis

For smaller units in Clementi, doesn't seems very popular as compared to Aljunied area.
This year:
> Parc riviera seen 5units of 1bedders resold.
> Trilinq 0.
> SUO seen 20 units of 1bedders resold.
> Tre residences 1 1bedder resold.

Last edited by 1993newbie; 13-12-2020 at 01:26 AM..
Old 13-12-2020, 01:42 AM   #888
Master Member

Most bought clementi for family stay coz itís an area with many good schools and IHLs around.
Price appreciation came mainly from bigger unit in clementi like 3/4 bedder.

D14 is more of investor district, thus 1/2 bedder transaction is more prevalent.
Old 13-12-2020, 02:15 AM   #889
Master Member

Amazing. I think only EDMW got recession. Real life no recession.
Many edmwers came here and argue:
1) debt moratorium, no JSS.....people will start to default their mortgage - I laugh at how naive they are w/o knowing the context many defer for the sake of keeping more cash monthly. Fundamentally, most of them r not in financial distress for sure. In this forum, I know at least a few who did this and still holding a stable job and income. In any case, even w/o covid, there will be some who sold at a loss due to different reasons. (I.e buy during peak or buy at wrong pricing etc). Does this group of minorities represent the whole property climate? If yes, how come clavon sold over 70% plus while linq 100% sold within a day?
2) no vaccine by next year means 40-50% price crash in property? - this one more hilarious, thinking 9 rounds of CM is just a joke. Cant they see how lopsided the current economy is? Those in essential services in fact did well. In the first place, private property is not targetted for those pple with income/job instability, TDSR and AbSD would have wipe them out already. They think clavon buyers are just marginal buyers and will default payment and expect them to sell at 40-50% loss in subsale market next year if there’s still no vaccine by 2021? Lmao.
3) in short, some pple always fail to understand they own self can’t doesn’t mean others also can’t.
sgpropertyblog likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 13-12-2020 at 09:23 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 02:57 AM   #890
Master Member

U are right. US Stock market is sky high even in such a climate. QE effect, people might think relatively the property market is cheaper than stocks. A lot of flow into all kind of assets including hard assets as Nobody wants to park money in bank now. Like I also said, people buy those low $1.xx mil property alr paid 25% of it, lose job also can balance transfer 20k at 0% interest from credit card to dong 6 months instalment.

Many edmwers came here and argue:
1) debt moratorium, no JSS.....people will start to default their mortgage - I laugh at how naive they are w/o knowing the context many defer for the sake of keeping more cash monthly. Fundamentally, most of them r not in financial distress for sure. In this forum, I know at least a few who did this and still holding a stable job and income. In any case, even w/o covid, there will be some who sold at a loss due to different reasons. (I.e buy at peak or buy at wrong price etc). Does this group of minorities represent the whole property climate? If yes, how come clavon sold over 70% plus while linq 100% sold within a day?
2) no vaccine by next year means 40-50% price crash in property? - this one more hilarious, thinking 9 rounds of CM is just a joke. Cant they see how lopsided the current economy is? Those in essential services in fact did well. In the first place, private property is not targetted for those pple with income/job instability, TDSR and AbSD would have wipe them out already. They think clavon buyers are just marginal investors and expect them to sell at 40-50% loss in subsale market next year if thereís still no vaccine by 2021? Lmao.
3) in short, some pple always fail to understand they own self canít doesnít mean others also canít.
noobkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 03:27 AM   #891
Master Member

U are right. US Stock market is sky high even in such a climate. QE effect, people might think relatively the property market is cheaper than stocks. A lot of flow into all kind of assets including hard assets as Nobody wants to park money in bank now. Like I also said, people buy those low $1.xx mil property alr paid 25% of it, lose job also can balance transfer 20k at 0% interest from credit card to dong 6 months instalment.

Those who loss big money r those who bought at high quantum or high psf during peak. Like Sentosa property or those high quantum unit in CCR, wallich etc. These r the sectors that is meant for the ultra rich man’s game.
Does a 3xxxsqft unit in reflection bought at 8mil during peak sells at 5mil now in resale market really means property price has crashed by 40% in general? How many ordinary folks can afford to pick up this “fire sale unit”?
It just a case of owners buying during peak and had overpaid.

The real crash is deem to be true if a one bedder 800k property at clavon suddenly drop to 4xx-5xxk in resale market in 3 years time. By that time, any edmwers can feel free to challenge me.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 13-12-2020 at 03:33 AM..
Old 13-12-2020, 04:16 AM   #892

Those who loss big money r those who bought at high quantum or high psf during peak. Like Sentosa property or those high quantum unit in CCR, wallich etc. These r the sectors that is meant for the ultra rich manís game.
Does a 3xxxsqft unit in reflection bought at 8mil during peak sells at 5mil now in resale market really means property price has crashed by 40% in general? How many ordinary folks can afford to pick up this ďfire sale unitĒ?
It just a case of owners buying during peak and had overpaid.

The real crash is deem to be true if a one bedder 800k property at clavon suddenly drop to 4xx-5xxk in resale market in 3 years time. By that time, any edmwers can feel free to challenge me.
###

I DO NOT see one bedder 800 k now in Clavon transacting at 4xx to 5xx.

For me, if I were to consider, I would see if (looking into the crystal ball) that 800 k unit will be able to sell at 950 k to 1 m in 3 to 5 years time.

Just like you Ďmust see a real good dealí, I am looking for justifiable entry point.

###

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 13-12-2020 at 04:19 AM..
ThinkCarefully is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #893
Master Member

###

For me, if I were to consider, I would see if (looking into the crystal ball) that 800 k unit will be able to sell at 950 k to 1 m in 3 to 5 years time.

Just like you ‘must see a real good deal’, I am looking for justifiable entry point.

###
Hehe, u will be surprise how naive some edmwers who still Harbour the thought price will go back to the past with major correction.

I had seen real price correction in 2008/2009 where cosmo, caspian and 8@woodleigh are really sold at dirt cheap price during launch in 2008. My point is with 9 rounds of CM after 2011, it is no longer realistic to lament and expect for a major price correction like before.
This would also mean our crystal ball will only get tougher over times as recent new launches are hardly cheap anymore due to increasing land bid cost, construction cost. Pple r still buying and had set a new benchmark for new launches. This would mean decent cap gain in 3-5 years time for recent new launches will only gets tougher as well.
To identify the real gem in resale and make a killing in 3-5 years time requires another skill set known as “due diligence”.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 13-12-2020 at 09:44 AM..
Old 13-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #894
Supremacy Member

###

Just like you Ďmust see a real good dealí, I am looking for justifiable entry point.

###
Have shared, Market have yet to accept $8xxk in the resale market for 1 bedders in Clementi district as we can see from Trilinq performance. Whatís more $9xxk but who knows in 3-5years time I could be wrong too.

The only 1+study in Clementi that has reached $9xxk is FH THE PARC CONDO.

Even LH956years Hundred tree transacting $7xxk.
And the demand seems Low for small units in Clementi too.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #895
Master Member

Have shared, Market have yet to accept $8xxk in the resale market for 1 bedders in Clementi district as we can see from Trilinq performance. Whatís more $9xxk but who knows in 3-5years time I could be wrong too.

The only 1+study in Clementi that has reached $9xxk is FH THE PARC CONDO.

Even LH956years Hundred tree transacting $7xxk.
And the demand seems Low for small units in Clementi too.
I think Clementi is a place more for families to stay; so minimally a 2b2bath would see better resale value in future. I think there were couple of transactions at Clement Canopy three bedder that resold at 300k profits or so. The one bedder are more for rental.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #896
Supremacy Member

I think Clementi is a place more for families to stay; so minimally a 2b2bath would see better resale value in future. I think there were couple of transactions at Clement Canopy three bedder that resold at 300k profits or so. The one bedder are more for rental.
Ohh thatís the 4 bedders, 3 out of 6 transacted for Clement canopy are 4 bedders, profit above $300+k
Old 13-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #897
Master Member

Ohh thatís the 4 bedders, 3 out of 6 transacted for Clement canopy are 4 bedders, profit above $300+k
Ah yes. Could be that the bigger unit sizes are in demand over there, just like KI residences.
Old 13-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #898

I thought u are a bear? Why u will expect new launch to do well?
Not exactly a bear, except that truth be told, most of the new launches are overpriced.

If you see my previous postings before 12 Dec, I said many times Clavon is the one to buy.
spcs2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #899
Master Member

Not exactly a bear, except that truth be told, most of the new launches are overpriced.

If you see my previous postings before 12 Dec, I said many times Clavon is the one to buy.
I feel likewise Clavon is one to buy, in fact, it has many positive attributes, compared to the others that may be coming onto the market next year. Compared to the other D5 project launching next year, or even ASR also by UOL, feel that Clavon is more attractive. Think the sales figures speak for itself.
Old 13-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #900
Supremacy Member

Little to do with a bear or bull market.

It's just pure silliness to buy a 99 years when you can potentially buy freehold or 999 years at lower psf and rent out immediately.

And not forgetting, north side of Clavon is slightly blocked by 2 Hdb towers 40 storeys. South side in future may also be blocked by future development partially.
Tower 6 nv block wor. Dont understand why developer priced tower 8 at higher pricing. Maybe coz tower 6 north facing, face tennis court childcare and hdb substation.

The hdb peak is only 15th high. So u take tower 6, said 17th can clear easily already. Not forgetting clavon is on elevated ground and condo ceiling height for each floor is higher than hdb.

Yest starting price for 3br compact 36.01 is 1.658m nobody buy.

Now it is priced at 1.736m (not sure if there is a price typo not)

Sent from Samsung SM-A705MN using GAGT
Rxgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.