Do banks issue letters for IPA for housing loans?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Do banks issue Letters for IPA (IN principle approval) for housing loan?

Also, is it possible to switch a housing loan officer at a bank?

PropExpert

Reaction score

No. Banks dun issue letters for IPA. You can just ask your loan officer to email you tat it's approved with the amount and conditions (if any)

Why not? you are the customer, but why want to switch?

OneMantou

Reaction score
Got mine via system generated email by the bank system... It's only the loan tenure and maximum amount that is required at IPA stage?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
No. Banks dun issue letters for IPA. You can just ask your loan officer to email you tat it's approved with the amount and conditions (if any)

Why not? you are the customer, but why want to switch?

The loan officer I am talking to a bit unresponsive. Not say ignore but I feel like just give me the bare minimum.

PropExpert

Reaction score
The loan officer I am talking to a bit unresponsive. Not say ignore but I feel like just give me the bare minimum.

Give him/her a chance:D

Probably too busy. Wat if the next officer u changed to is also unresponsive? In any case, if you do need any help in getting IPA can just pm me.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

hi,

no, for IPA by banks, usually is verbal or via watsapp/email.. no letters will be given..may I ask is there any reason why you need the letter? cos most of the time when you buy a private property, the dev/seller don't need to see the IPA letter..

did you find your banker at random? usually those bankers that we work with are very responsive and helpful as we always refer our clients to them.. so if u need any helpful mobile bankers, I can refer mine to you.. they can help to expedite your processing oso..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.