Do Not Buy From X’clusive Home. Or Live To Regret It

Sth455

Reaction score
I want to share my story. Horrible experience with X’clusive Home Pte Ltd. We bought a sofa set from them two years ago, and there is a 3-year warranty that covers sofa mechanisms. One of my headrest mechanism broke, plus we wanted to do reupholstery for one part of the sofa (this one not covered by warranty), so we paid $406 for the reupholstery. When we made payment, we were told that the repair for the mechanism part was FOC because it is still covered under warranty. The staff who served us at the Toh Guan showroom, Tommy Tan, also did not charge us for anything for the mechanism repair when we made payment for the reupholstery. We already told them before we left, that we wanted them to send someone to do the repair and transport the sofa for reupholstery on the same day.
A few days later they called us and said we had to pay a $80 transport charge for them to come and do the repair for the mechanism part. We were surprised and enquired further, and they claimed that warranty only covers the mechanism and not transport costs. Therefore transport of $80 is chargeable. They even texted my husband to say if we are able to arrange for transport of our sofa to their office on our own, then of course it will be FOC!

First of all, I am very unhappy that Tommy did not communicate this transport charges to us upfront. Why didnt he tell us so that day when we went to make the payment for the upholstery???
Secondly, their sarcasm shocks me. How could they text something so insulting and ridiculous like this to a customer, with obvious intent to insult us? And instead of calling my husband to explain, Tommy merely texted and forwarded messages he received from his colleagues to us! Most insincere way of treating customers!
Thirdly, how ridiculous is it to include transport charges for servicing such bulky items?? This is not some portable device or object that I can easily carry with me to the service centre for repairs! A warranty that covers ONLY THE MECHANISM and we have to pay them a flat fee for transport??? This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. If I can transport the sofa set myself, why do I need a warranty?? I know, we feel stupid now to trust them when we bought the sofa! This is not about the money anymore. Of course I can pay $80, but I just feel too insulted and angry to do so now.

When customers enquire about something, they just brush us off with “this is company policy” or “if you can transport, then do it yourself!” It’s about how they just want to fleece $$$ out of customers!

I called their Toh Guan logistics line this morning, and the woman who spoke to me over the phone, without hearing my side of the story, started flaring up at me impatiently and ORDERED ME to LISTEN TO HER if I wanted her to help me!!! I spoke amicably throughout the phonecall which only lasted a short 5mins, and she threatened to hang up on me twice, and then really HUNG UP ON ME!!

They could have offered to arrange for someone to come down to my place to repair the mechanism and transport the upholstery sofa together on the same day, so we don’t incur any costs, but NO. Do you think X’clusive will be so thoughtful towards their customers? THEY REJECTED OUR REQUEST OUTRIGHT. Without any compromise. It’s like telling us, take it or leave it!

X’clusive Home is one of the most dishonest and insulting furniture companies in Singapore if they treat their customers this way. Please DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY WILL BE NICE WHEN THEY SELL THEIR GOODS TO YOU, BUT WHEN YOU TURN TO THEM FOR A WARRANTY PROMISE, THEY SEE IT AS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO FLEECE MORE MONEY OUT OF YOU. WITHOUT ANY COMPROMISE OR THOUGHTS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

Iamafan

Reaction score
I want to share my story. Horrible experience with X’clusive Home Pte Ltd. We bought a sofa set from them two years ago, and there is a 3-year warranty that covers sofa mechanisms. One of my headrest mechanism broke, plus we wanted to do reupholstery for one part of the sofa (this one not covered by warranty), so we paid $406 for the reupholstery. When we made payment, we were told that the repair for the mechanism part was FOC because it is still covered under warranty. The staff who served us at the Toh Guan showroom, Tommy Tan, also did not charge us for anything for the mechanism repair when we made payment for the reupholstery. We already told them before we left, that we wanted them to send someone to do the repair and transport the sofa for reupholstery on the same day.
A few days later they called us and said we had to pay a $80 transport charge for them to come and do the repair for the mechanism part. We were surprised and enquired further, and they claimed that warranty only covers the mechanism and not transport costs. Therefore transport of $80 is chargeable. They even texted my husband to say if we are able to arrange for transport of our sofa to their office on our own, then of course it will be FOC!

First of all, I am very unhappy that Tommy did not communicate this transport charges to us upfront. Why didnt he tell us so that day when we went to make the payment for the upholstery???
Secondly, their sarcasm shocks me. How could they text something so insulting and ridiculous like this to a customer, with obvious intent to insult us? And instead of calling my husband to explain, Tommy merely texted and forwarded messages he received from his colleagues to us! Most insincere way of treating customers!
Thirdly, how ridiculous is it to include transport charges for servicing such bulky items?? This is not some portable device or object that I can easily carry with me to the service centre for repairs! A warranty that covers ONLY THE MECHANISM and we have to pay them a flat fee for transport??? This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. If I can transport the sofa set myself, why do I need a warranty?? I know, we feel stupid now to trust them when we bought the sofa! This is not about the money anymore. Of course I can pay $80, but I just feel too insulted and angry to do so now.

When customers enquire about something, they just brush us off with “this is company policy” or “if you can transport, then do it yourself!” It’s about how they just want to fleece $$$ out of customers!

I called their Toh Guan logistics line this morning, and the woman who spoke to me over the phone, without hearing my side of the story, started flaring up at me impatiently and ORDERED ME to LISTEN TO HER if I wanted her to help me!!! I spoke amicably throughout the phonecall which only lasted a short 5mins, and she threatened to hang up on me twice, and then really HUNG UP ON ME!!

They could have offered to arrange for someone to come down to my place to repair the mechanism and transport the upholstery sofa together on the same day, so we don’t incur any costs, but NO. Do you think X’clusive will be so thoughtful towards their customers? THEY REJECTED OUR REQUEST OUTRIGHT. Without any compromise. It’s like telling us, take it or leave it!

X’clusive Home is one of the most dishonest and insulting furniture companies in Singapore if they treat their customers this way. Please DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY WILL BE NICE WHEN THEY SELL THEIR GOODS TO YOU, BUT WHEN YOU TURN TO THEM FOR A WARRANTY PROMISE, THEY SEE IT AS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO FLEECE MORE MONEY OUT OF YOU. WITHOUT ANY COMPROMISE OR THOUGHTS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

Good effort. Thanks for writing, will take note!!

funky05

Reaction score

Can u pm me? I've bought from their sis company..

mesmeriz3

Suspended
Reaction score
Wth. Theres always two sides to a story la. From the way you write you sound like an unreasonable customer too. People forward msg to you, you not happy. Its such a minute thing to judge them for and who on earth will know what kind of whatsapp etiquette you live by??!!

You can say she hang up on you etc but at least show some evidence. Dont simply accuse them of being rude to you over the phone without evidence.

shallow

Reaction score
TB is the way to go, my brother and his wife decided to go full TB/Msia furniture store after shopping around in SG initially. For full house furniture. Overpriced and proud attitude is not the way to do business

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wth. Theres always two sides to a story la. From the way you write you sound like an unreasonable customer too. People forward msg to you, you not happy. Its such a minute thing to judge them for and who on earth will know what kind of whatsapp etiquette you live by??!!

You can say she hang up on you etc but at least show some evidence. Dont simply accuse them of being rude to you over the phone without evidence.
U fm xclusive??

Dominum

Master Member
Reaction score

You their boss is it? Sounds rude to me

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You their boss is it? Sounds rude to me

This kind of beng attitude, better not to have any dealings with them. The more it tells you that Sth455 is telling the truth.

Thanks for the info, Sth455.

TB all the way.

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very simpur

Post screenshot of ur watsapp convo

And GPGT the parties involved.

Write to media and let public decide.

If chiu correct consperm they waivee the 80.

Simple as that.

If u not willing to do so, sorry u deserve it.

Sai Baba

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is not simple.
Please don't make any accusation in the public forum unless you are preparing to go to court.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I suggest you remove this thread.

It's normal that warranty contract may not cover transportation costs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.