Do you guys have Fire Extinguisher at home?

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Size, including the bracket (to hold the fire extinguisher and can be mounted on the wall) is diameter @80mm. Height including the spray handle is 332mm.

1kg is the "chemical/powder) weight, 1.9kg is the gross weight (according to the brochure).

As I am not really selling the products here, will share with you the pricing by sending you a PM. Prices are based on bulk purchases and not valid for mass public.
k thanks. I may order more than 1 then.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Wow happened to see one fire extinguisher at Home Fix selling at $39each. Non refillable type some more only 600g.

fat_grape

Reaction score
If have intention to buy fire extinguisher, why not get a smoke detector at the same time for bedrooms which turn on aircon every night. Aircon can also catch fire, v dangerous when the occupant is sleeping.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
If have intention to buy fire extinguisher, why not get a smoke detector at the same time for bedrooms which turn on aircon every night. Aircon can also catch fire, v dangerous when the occupant is sleeping.

During my purchase for my 40+ colleagues, we ordered in bulk the following:

1) fire extinguishers
2) smoke detectors
3) smoke escape masks
4) fire blankets

Cheers

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
There is some interests from some forummers. If you are interested to buy fire safety equipment/products, please let me know. Cheers

PS: Price is much cheaper than market price.

JesusLovesUs

Reaction score
i dont have fire extinguisher.. but i have a plastic tank of water under my bed..
wanted to keep fish in fish tank, but never had the $ to buy fish..
so the water still havent transfer to the tank..

T.T

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One way is to make sure you got water container in the toilet.

Long ago we had a big jar in the toilet usually filled with water. Normally for bathing and washing clothes. Those were the old days. Sometimes, I also kept fish in that same jar, those big century egg jar.

One day, my room caught fire. We had an alter above a low cupboard. We used to burn candles for prayers. In the wee hours, somehow the alter with candles caught fire and there were 4 of us as children in the room. The fire started burning the cupboard and neighbours from opposite flat were shouting and banging metal containers to alert us. Finally, my parents from next room woke up. First my dad did was to rush to the toilet to soak some blankets. Threw the blankets over the fire and that helped alot to prevent further damages.

TG I am still alive as I was the last one to be pulled out of the burning room while my father was fighting the fire. Believe or not I was dead asleep with the fire and commotion going on. The rest of my bro and sis woke up crying and were urshed out by my mum without knowing I was still sleeping. After they ran out to one end of the corridor, my mum then noticed I was missing:s13:

blankies

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks

pleaese remember that your fire extinguisher must recharge periodically

blankies

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont have fire extinguisher.. but i have a plastic tank of water under my bed..
wanted to keep fish in fish tank, but never had the $ to buy fish..
so the water still havent transfer to the tank..

T.T

plealse dun rear mosqitoes...

archie1810

Reaction score
I have both... when we're around in-country, it would be in my store room, when whole house-hold family member not in-country (aka. left my house to my maid), then I would purposely bring it out to somewhere that is obviously visible and easy to grab and near to where the fire might come from - on the way to kitchen. But yes, probably passed expiry date too.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to get for home?
I am thinking a fire blanket may be more practical. Extinguisher life span 2 to 3 years. After that must service or refill. Its not that you can bring it to the nearest 7 Eleven. The service centre quite ulu plus its not free to refill.

Unless you are using CO2 extinguisher, if not imagine the mess caused by foam extinguisher.

Fire blanket can be re-used as long as there's no hole in it. And you don't need to service or refill it.

If its a small fire, you just need to cover it with the blanket until the flames goes. If its a large fire, I think even your tiny home extinguisher will be of no use. Another advantage of fire blanket is if you need to evacuate, you can cover yourself with it and run thorough the fire if sway sway there fire is blocking your exit.

hermes76

Master Member
Reaction score
nowadays fire extinguisher getting more & more fanciful....
vertcolour1small.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERT/100477623341485

jim fire

Reaction score
I don't have any. Should I get a small one...

You can get the new type of throwable fire extinguishers and kitchen fire extinguishers from goodcaring.com

No maintenance required and lasts 5 years, so it is quite cheap - only about S$20 per year for the throwable.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Five years we had a fire safety talk in my company and that prompted many of us to buy fire extinguisher at home.

We will be having a fire safety talk soon because of the recent CK building fire which is just next door to our building. I guess, time to buy fire extinguishers again!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.