Free Advice/Discussion on Bank Mortgage loan

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Sg_trader,

Everyone taking a mortgage loan will have to pledge the condo to the bank whether you have income a not.

For 1st property loan those without income will have to match different bank criteria to be granted the loan up to 80% (normally 70%-80%). Below are some banks criteria:

1) 24 * monthly instalment
2) $150,000
3) $200,000

Last edited:

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Fifa2006,

Can provide some light to my question below? THanks...

Hi,

I have a question in mind. Currently my name is listed as a joint borrower of my dad's property (coz my dad's old age and my mum is not working, the bank want to bring in another name as a borrower) but i am not the owner of the private property, can i still borrow up to 80% to finance a private condo i am intending to buy?

Thanks.

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Wongkc,

If you are a borrower of A property, you are only eligible for 60% for B Property. So you cfm u are the borrower, not just the guarantor ?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Wongkc,

If you are a borrower of A property, you are only eligible for 60% for B Property. So you cfm u are the borrower, not just the guarantor ?

Hi,

I have just confirmed with my banker. It is term loan and not a home loan. So that means i am able to borrow up to 80% right?

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Wongkc,

Be it a home loan or a term loan, if borrowing is under your name, the next property you purchase will be only 60% LTV.

You have to check with your banker , are you the borrower or just the guarantor of the property. alternatively you can just email me your curent term loan Letter of Offer so that i can advice you accordingly

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi,

Different bank have different formula in calculating the client mortgage affordability. :) it best you get an AIP ( approval in principle ) from the bank before you make any purchase. Do let me know if you need any assistance :)

Last edited:

JennfieSmith

Reaction score
A home buyer can obtain loan through bank,but can it vary with the size of the loan, maturity of the loan,or No the terms of the interest rates?

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Take for example , current interest rate is 1+ % , bank will normally use a stress test interest rate, taking into consideration on their client income and age to determine their client mortgage affordability .This will actually ensure that customer will have the ability to pay the mthly instalment even if the interest hike and reduce the default rate.

Last edited:

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any comments of ANZ COMBO rates? They avg out the SIBOR and SOR rates + 0.75%... I think they are the only bank doing this combo... the rest are either SIBOR or SOR or Board rates only?

meaning is SIBOR is 0.4 and SOR is 0.5, the rate will be 0.45 + 0.75...

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Just met up with my ANZ banker today to sign a loan on SOR package and talk to her on their combo package.
Pros and cons on combo package
Pros - It average up the volatility of SOR and SIBOR
Cons - it's normally higher than SOR

Although SIBOR is less volatile but if you were to look at the historical chart, you will find that SIBOR rate will also go up when SOR hike.

It's really depends on yourself coz for those client who want SIBOR rates is becoz it's not that volatile and it's lower than fixed package . Those client who want to take SOR, they want get the lowest rate in the market and they are willing to take the risk of interest rate going up and down.

So the question is what do you want? What are you expecting to gain from combo package? :)

Last edited:

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just met up with my ANZ banker today to sign a loan on SOR package and talk to her on their combo package.
Pros and cons on combo package
Pros - It average up the volatility of SOR and SIBOR
Cons - it's normally higher than SOR

Although SIBOR is less volatile but if you were to look at the historical chart, you will find that SIBOR rate will also go up when SOR hike.

It's really depends on yourself coz for those client who want SIBOR rates is becoz it's not that volatile and it's lower than fixed package . Those client who want to take SOR, they want get the lowest rate in the market and they are willing to take the risk of interest rate going up and down.

So the question is what do you want? What are you expecting to gain from combo package? :)

So actually it is the comfort of both rates since they average out the rates... the non-volatile of SIBOR and the low rate of SOR? Plus they have no lock in period and the interest rate of Combo + 0.75% is constant throughout the tenure... I wonder what is the catch?

Fifa2006

Reaction score
No lock in doesn't mean that you do not have to pay a legal clawback if you were to switch a bank within 3 years :)

Since you want combo becoz it's an average combination of SOR low rates and SIBOR non volatile, will you still take combo if SOR is 0.5% and SIBOR is 0.39%. If you are with combo package, will you do a switch if you are still within the clawback period?

Last edited:

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, like to ask a few questions.

Me and my wife is thinking of selling out EC and then each of us will purchase a small condo each under our name. Is it possible for each of us to do that?

Fifa2006

Reaction score
As mention, it will be best to do an Approval in Principle(AIP) before you proceed to find any apartment/small condo.

Bank will do a rough indication on how much they are willing to lend you based on your income and whether are you a good paymaster a not.

Do let me know if you need any assistance.

marineboy3300

Reaction score
Hi Weng0202,

Yes, it can be done. My project IC and his wife each bought a condo under their name.

If you need more info, please PM me.

Missumuch

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just call up one of my banker and he mention their promo rate(Do note that bank have the right to cease the promo package as and when they need to )

500k loan onwards

2 years lock in
1st year: sibor +0.55%
Thereafter: 3mth sibor +. 0.65%

which bank is tat?

marineboy3300

Reaction score
It will depend on your income level, other financial commitment and your payment history.

PM me your details if you are interested and I will recommend some bankers to talk to you.

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi marineboy3300,

Thanks for your offer to those who are reading the forum. As a mortgage broker , rates are already consolidated throughout major banks and financial institute for our client. It's always a hassle to talk to few bankers than a brokers who does them all :)

It will depend on your income level, other financial commitment and your payment history.

PM me your details if you are interested and I will recommend some bankers to talk to you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.