HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Free advice/discussion on buy/sell of Resale flat (Part 6)

Like Tree640Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #8251
Great Supremacy Member

i need the 3months definitely.
worse case, if say cannot get desired one due to above challenge, wat are the options available? This was brought up by agt too.

Aiming those MOP, mostly family with children with minimal reno (ready move-in type).
went shopping abit last month, most need extension too.

Uber and Grabcar drivers lip lai
Leave No Men Behind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #8252

you are the seller of your current unit right, did your buyer agree to give you the 3 months extension? they need to sign a form to confirm that you know? your agent should have this cover. this form is required to be submitted to HDB along with your other documents when you submit via the resale portal.

the way you phrase it is as if you do not know if you have the 3 months extension?

So for your case, you need to buy a unit where the seller can move out on completion date (of course will be best if they can do so before).
LH0779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #8253
Great Supremacy Member

yes, buyer agrees to give extension to me for current flat.

so when i go and purchase (buyer), can i even consider to give extension to seller?
i am concerned on the time-frame for both sides.

ps for all the noobs questions.

Uber and Grabcar drivers lip lai
Leave No Men Behind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #8254

great that your buyer agrees on the extension.

What ours told us when we wanted to put our unit for sale is that do we need extension. so that when interested buyer or agent call he will inform them.
for buyer who cannot give us the extension, he will not even arrange for a viewing, cause no point wasting time and energy.

So if not giving the extension is important, when you call those unit for sale, ask them this before you even go and see the unit.

you probably want to count backwards, when is the timeframe you should be getting the next unit ink.

so when i go and purchase (buyer), can i even consider to give extension to seller?

LH0779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:37 PM   #8255
Supremacy Member

U need to know the price of your desired flat before anyone can assist you on budgeting. 3rm got 300k and 600k ones.

Sent from Pluto using GAGT
Budget from 300k to 500k.
Saw the resale at geylang lorong 3, 4 room at 500k.
simon_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #8256

How much is the remaining lease?

[Member#112 - EDMW Hainanese Club]->a party animal,a regular gymmer,a IT savvy, a dream catcher
kimurayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #8257
Master Member

Your salary got 5k? 5k can loan around $330k. To get a 500k flat with a $330k loan and without paying cash, you gotta have $170k in your CPF.
g_t2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 03:28 AM   #8258
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your buyer has given you 3 months extension of stay and that mean you likely to move out by early Oct, but you get your money

If you manage to find a replacement flat and exercise OTP by mid May, the resale completion would by end Jul/early Aug. With this timeline, you can't afford to give the seller of replacement flat an extension of more than a month to be on the safe side, cause you may need one month reno to complete by end Sep and move in. With this constraint, you should only look out for sellers who don't need extension.

If you are not able to find a replacement flat by end Jun, it will be more difficult to find one that would allow you to move in earlier.

In my case I had to have over my flat on 2 Jan 2019 after Buyer exercised the option on 15 Oct 2018.

In buying, I had to exercise OTP on the spot on 23 Nov 2018 and completion was on 25 Jan 2019. Meaning I will be homeless from 2 Jan.

Fortunately, I manage to find a vacant flat which the Seller allowed me to take over the flat before mid Dec 2018 and I moved in without reno on 31 Dec 2018.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #8259
Arch-Supremacy Member

Taking over my resale soon. Any idea wat to do for the SP services account, will existing owner’s so account be transfer or nd apply new one. Will there be outstanding utility bill? And for the reno, nd to stop the gas services? Then after reno finish then ask sp services on back the gas? Thks
itsmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #8260
Arch-Supremacy Member

Taking over my resale soon. Any idea wat to do for the SP services account, will existing owner’s so account be transfer or nd apply new one. Will there be outstanding utility bill? And for the reno, nd to stop the gas services? Then after reno finish then ask sp services on back the gas? Thks
Arrange to take over SP Services on the day of handing over. Otherwise, one seller terminated the services, you will need to apply and pay turn on fee.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #8261
Arch-Supremacy Member

Arrange to take over SP Services on the day of handing over. Otherwise, one seller terminated the services, you will need to apply and pay turn on fee.
How to take over? Both buyer n seller nd to be present? At town council?
itsmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #8262

WTB 4 rooms flat come with balcony at Treelodge@Punggol(Blk 305 & 306), mid to high floor, main door entrance preferably not facing north west. Any owner who WTS or considering selling can PM me, no issue if you are looking for extension after sell. Serious buyer here.
SonofAzzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:29 PM   #8263

May I know single earning 4k gross, roughly can get how much bank loan for 25 years tenure?
LeeWen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #8264

Hi Vinz & All,

i need some help to clear my doubts,

I have a resale completion end of this month.
I'm the DIY buyer (no agent)

Situation -
During OTP seller' Agent say they require extension of stay for 3months.
i have agree to it as i like the unit alot. plus the unit is quite well furnish.
But during the submission the resale application, the seller didn't manage to get an OTP as they haven't found the unit they wanted.
So HDB have rejected the request of extension.
The seller's Agent call me and say we will do the extension of stay as a private agreement. So i agree verbally.

Few days after HDB approved our resale application, the seller / seller's agent request to HDB for extension of stay again. but fail to provide OTP due to some issue on their bank loan. (their current flat is using HDB Loan)
** Didn't inform me they going apply extension of stay again. ask seller's agent but reply me the seller requested themselves.

I did tell the seller's Agent what if the seller unable to get an unit, then extend the stay further. Seller's Agent replied don't worry just give them maximum 3 months stay then finish ask them move out.

Question.
- Should i still give them the extension of stay for 3 months as a private agreement.

- is there enough time from to move out from the current unit even there is a 3 months extension as they still haven't get a OTP of the unit they want to buy.

- Anything that i can do to protect myself in this purchase.
jyco1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #8265
Honorary Member

I gotten some PMs from the last time i posted.

I did some sums. I dont think i can tank a condo my own. Don't wa NS pay thru the nose.

I am lookin for a flat to rent out, lets discount the mop period to rent first.

I got 200K in cpf to use, 50K cash. I don't have any grants unless i buy a flat in Yishun. No cpf loan for me as well.

I wanna rent out for sure. At least until i get married n all. Staying with parents. Not hoping for Sers/Enblock or what not.

Any good advice for places with good rental yields. Thanks
Beta_Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.