HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Good 1 bedder condo for own stay?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #46
Supremacy Member

Let's say the property is $700,000.

I currently have $120k in OA, monthly contribution to OA is about $2.3k.

For the downpayment, let's say i use 15% OA (i.e. $105k) and the remaining 10% paid in cash (i.e. $70k).

For the remaining 75% of purchase price (i.e. $525k), I take up a bank loan spanning 30 years. Based on the moneysmart mortgage calculator, I would have to pay about $1.9k per month.

How do I calculate how much of this $1.9k can be paid off using OA?

Not sure if I'm getting this right. Appreciate your inputs.
Possible to have 2.3k to OA meh? I thot that is a cap of monthly pay $6000 or so?
Sambuca78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #47

i think the fjgures he given is for 2 person combined

Possible to have 2.3k to OA meh? I thot that is a cap of monthly pay $6000 or so?
yesimvested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #48
Supremacy Member

Either self contribute or for 2pax. For 6k salary, it's about 2.3k to cpf but need to split to OA/SA/MA. So can't be 1pax 2.3k to OA.

Sent from Pluto using GAGT
kenpachi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:47 PM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why dont just buy a roof without any loans ,don't stress ownself.
mccmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:21 PM   #50

Cos im not 35 yet. Lol.

And yes, thanks for highlighting the mistake on the OA. I had looked wrongly. I definitely will have to pay a little out of pocket per month!
tempestuous- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #51

Why do the x-value estimates on SRX differ for units of the same size in the same development?

Considering the asking price of the seller, how much lesser should you first offer?
Old 20-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #52
Master Member

Can try UOB valuation, urbanzoom as alternative for valuation.
Don’t forget to check on 99.co to see how much the owner paid for the unit.

99.co is transparent & free!

Why do the x-value estimates on SRX differ for units of the same size in the same development?

Considering the asking price of the seller, how much lesser should you first offer?
1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #53

Can try UOB valuation, urbanzoom as alternative for valuation.
Don’t forget to check on 99.co to see how much the owner paid for the unit.

99.co is transparent & free!
How do you do that? 'Latest transactions' lists all past transactions under the development.
Old 20-02-2020, 10:14 PM   #54
Master Member

Type the project name > Scroll down to sale transaction > See under tower > Search for the exact block, unit number.

How do you do that? 'Latest transactions' lists all past transactions under the development.
Old 21-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #55
High Supremacy Member

In the past, I was brought up with my parents telling me not to owe the bank any money.

If it is within your means, owing some money is good.

After dumping all your money into the house, and when you really need a bigger sum of money, you would be more stressed when no one wants to lend to you.
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

Different levels. When at new, ppty developers price each unit higher around $2000-3000 more at least (depending on project / location)

Different facing. Good facing units with better view usually more pricey.
straweffigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

In the past, I was brought up with my parents telling me not to owe the bank any money.

After dumping all your money into the house, and when you really need a bigger sum of money, you would be more stressed when no one wants to lend to you.
What logic is this, you're the director n actor of your ownself. Good nor bad is ownself made . Those people with loans are short lived than those without any burden. Think any house or things here u can't bring them together when u die.
mccmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #58

Old and wrong concept...
U know some loans are good loans... In sg particularly... Housing loans are good loans because while ur servicing your loans, your house isn't depreciating as well.
So that's y many people go for condo rather than hdb. Condo.. U attract the entire 5.6million population in sg. Hdb too many restrictions.. If u buy old resale, is worse.. Cos ur hdb don't appreciate...
The only time when resale hdb earns is when u buy but u rent out other rooms...
But this kind is very sian cos u need to live with others...
So a 1 bedder is actually a very good choice for working young singles...
And if 1 day, you really kena retrench or cannot find job, ur house still hold value.. Just sell it, pay back your loan and move back w parents.
stupidboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #59

Layout wise for Dnest 1 bedder, it’s at 484sqft.

Unique movable kitchen counter cum dinning.
Unique ceiling storage space along the walk in wardrobe.

Dnest layout looks good. I like the walkin wardrobe concept. But Just that if you have friends coming over, they will have to walk past ur bedroom before entering the toilet.
stupidboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #60
Master Member

Yea, Dnest walk in wardrobe concept is good.

pros & cons of toilet in bedroom. Guest have to pass through bedroom to get to toilet.
Some like Jack & Jill kinda toilet concept. Some prefer toilet in bedroom. Some prefer toilet at Living/dining area.

As for me I prefer toilet to be at living/dinning area. 80% of the 1 bedders in my development are Jack & Jill toilet. Mine is the minority where toilet is outside of bedroom area.
Guest don’t have to enter my bedroom to get to toilet.

Dnest layout looks good. I like the walkin wardrobe concept. But Just that if you have friends coming over, they will have to walk past ur bedroom before entering the toilet.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.