Goodview Garden

BlessChwee

Reaction score
Ah no no. I've never seen that unit. I've only just agar agar pinpoint out the listing on guru after you disclose its floor level and asking price on top of it being the 5 room flat. I don't know when the unit had been been up for sale.

On top of what roz_sid said, similar units that are renovated so much more albeit on lower floors are going for low and mid 500s.

Last 5 similar size 22-24th floor transactions in that area are
July Blk 383 $568k
Aug Blk 390 $555k
Sep Blk 388 $530k
Oct Blk 384 $555k
Nov Blk 390 $550k

There was a 19-21th floor at Blk 392 sold in Sep for $598k and a Blk 392 22-24th unit that sold for $595k but these 2 units were done far from the norm. I'd like to think their reno was spectacular.

I think 392 should be the 3 unblocked towards the landed houses thus value will be higher then the other blocks.

However to pay almost 600k for a 5rm with odd shaped room is really something which I will not commit to. On the Low to mid 500K for 5 room might still be considerable.

xyz2025

Reaction score
once you have the unit number, you can use SRX (click the x-value) or Urbanzoom to check out the market value. your final transaction price should not be too high above this value unless there is a very good reason.

if HDB is sending person down to valuate the flat after you have submitted request of valuation, you are likely to have offered a price much higher than the market rate.

BlessChwee

Reaction score
once you have the unit number, you can use SRX (click the x-value) or Urbanzoom to check out the market value. your final transaction price should not be too high above this value unless there is a very good reason.

if HDB is sending person down to valuate the flat after you have submitted request of valuation, you are likely to have offered a price much higher than the market rate.

My agent told me that nowadays if a transaction is near the last transacted price then HDB will not sent any valuer to access the flat value.

My buyer requested for valuation last mon and till now nobody from HDB contact us that anyone is coming.

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My agent told me that nowadays if a transaction is near the last transacted price then HDB will not sent any valuer to access the flat value.

My buyer requested for valuation last mon and till now nobody from HDB contact us that anyone is coming.
so u r selling ur place to buy gombak hdb?

BlessChwee

Reaction score

Finally we have offered for a unit which is very well renovated and we can simply move in without doing anything except painting if we want.

My agent has submitted for the valuation and how do I know if HDB will sent a valuer there or not.

After viewing so many units there, upto 10th floor and below there are no blockage of wall due to mindef and will be brighter and more windy.

Infact we cancel the OTP in another location as we really like the goodview environment. Despite the price might be higher then other places, but we intend to stay till retire

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally we have offered for a unit which is very well renovated and we can simply move in without doing anything except painting if we want.

My agent has submitted for the valuation and how do I know if HDB will sent a valuer there or not.

After viewing so many units there, upto 10th floor and below there are no blockage of wall due to mindef and will be brighter and more windy.

Infact we cancel the OTP in another location as we really like the goodview environment. Despite the price might be higher then other places, but we intend to stay till retire
congrats on ur home. :) wher u cancel at? how much u offer?

BlessChwee

Reaction score
congrats on ur home. :) wher u cancel at? how much u offer?

We bought at near to 560k middle floor but is fully furnished and looks like we can just shift in without doing anything except painting if we want to.

Was thinking to get high floor but price is steep and also need to pay for reno which can easily come up to 20-30k or more so we decide to just get this unit which my family likes.

If keep on comparing each and every single unit then it is very meaningless and stressful as ALL buyers will regret if another better / cheaper unit comes up for sale later but who knows will be when hahaha

The reason to choose this location is because of the quiet environment and greenery which is a nice location for me to retire and stroll around in 10 - 15 years time.

Just came to know that they are doing another park in 2019 which add on to the relaxing environment there https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/park-young-and-old-come-together

2 weeks ago LTA just came out the plan to built and install MRT noise barrier so hope it will reduce the track noise after we move there in the coming years.

Overall, never regret buying at this location

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...se-barriers-at-16-more-locations-lta-11031448

kimurayuki

Reaction score
Is the unit overlooking at a MRT track?

We bought at near to 560k middle floor but is fully furnished and looks like we can just shift in without doing anything except painting if we want to.

Was thinking to get high floor but price is steep and also need to pay for reno which can easily come up to 20-30k or more so we decide to just get this unit which my family likes.

If keep on comparing each and every single unit then it is very meaningless and stressful as ALL buyers will regret if another better / cheaper unit comes up for sale later but who knows will be when hahaha

The reason to choose this location is because of the quiet environment and greenery which is a nice location for me to retire and stroll around in 10 - 15 years time.

Just came to know that they are doing another park in 2019 which add on to the relaxing environment there https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/park-young-and-old-come-together

2 weeks ago LTA just came out the plan to built and install MRT noise barrier so hope it will reduce the track noise after we move there in the coming years.

Overall, never regret buying at this location

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...se-barriers-at-16-more-locations-lta-11031448

BlessChwee

Reaction score
We have finally move in to our Goody Good House at Goodview Garden.

The environment is really nice and as we chose a unit near the MRT track, the
kitchen is not block as well as the corridor unlike other units not facing track which kitchen only got window on one side facing the master bedroom thus
is quite dark and not so well ventilated.

Surprisingly our house is very bright and windy despite some west sun at the Kitchen area and mrt noise but both are negligible compare to the cons we see.

I almost chose other units facing the other side though higher floor but all got blockage by wall due to the Mindef or too close to the next block.

The mrt track noise is not that loud inside the house and only last barely 4-5 secs. Probably the noise is also blocked by the multi storey carpark below.

Thanks God that we finally settle in and no regrets buying this house.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.