HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PR soon, buying condo, advice needed

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #31

If you really want to buy, buy a unit that is near an mrt. It used to be critical, now it's even more critical considering there are alot more mrt stations sprouting up. It means loads more condos are near to an mrt. If you buy one that is way off an mrt, you have no chance of getting a premium imo.
Resonate a lot with the above too, no point choosing one that is a good 10 mins walk to the nearest MRT station when our transport master plan is going to put 7/10 household within 10 mins walk to a MRT station by 2030 I recall.

It was one of those criteria I put high on priority.

Choose one that is near to amenities, quite a few good projects launching in 2020 that you can take a look. The M is one such project.
satomoto likes this.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #32

Resonate a lot with the above too, no point choosing one that is a good 10 mins walk to the nearest MRT station when our transport master plan is going to put 7/10 household within 10 mins walk to a MRT station by 2030 I recall.

Choose one that is near to amenities, quite a few good projects launching in 2020 that you can take a look. The M is one such project.
Well, if you want to buy for ownstay at those high end places like holland, most probably you have a car and prefer a quiet surrounding. if you want to buy for rental, near mrt is a must. Most tenant no car.
satomoto likes this.
bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #33

You’re right on the public transport point.
But it’s actually 8 out of 10 households

satomoto likes this.

Last edited by 1993newbie; 15-02-2020 at 10:35 AM..
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #34

Youíre right on the public transport point.
But itís actually 8 out of 10 households

You are right bro. I went to find the link 😆

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5490gLDAeJs

See 4.49 on. So yes, public transport is convenient and equally impt even if your household owns a car,8/10 household would be within 10 mins walk to an mrt station, but of cos diff stations diff value ya.
satomoto likes this.
Old 15-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #35

The other options is to go into REITS, shares, etc. But I feel that there will be a stock market crash in a year or two, or three - REITS and shares will go down.
what makes u think that REITS/stocks will crash? If really happen, that's whole market crash, the property u buying may affected as well, as REITS are somehow linked.
Also, REITS/stocks u can stop lost and cash out in 4 days and run back to ur country but properties, drop and drop till dunno when to recover?
satomoto likes this.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #36

Well, if you want to buy for ownstay at those high end places like holland, most probably you have a car and prefer a quiet surrounding. if you want to buy for rental, near mrt is a must. Most tenant no car.
Actually I am aiming for Holland-like place, green and quiet. But I don't own a car and don't plan to, I enjoy taking bus, taxi or MRT. My living lifestyle is minimalistic. But of course, since I want to rent out, yes... all tenants want convenience and nothing beats knowing that you are near mrt station.

Note: Best is green and quiet, of course I know everyone will say why so greedy, add in a river or bay even merrier. If anyone knows such great place I am all for it!

Last edited by satomoto; 15-02-2020 at 12:16 PM..
satomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #37

Actually I am aiming for Holland-like place, green and quiet. But I don't own a car and don't plan to, I enjoy taking bus, taxi or MRT. My living lifestyle is minimalistic. But of course, since I want to rent out, yes... all tenants want convenience and nothing beats knowing that you are near mrt station.

Note: Best is green and quiet, of course I know everyone will say why so greedy.
If holland and near MRT, you need to be prepared to fork out top dollar, can consider One Holland Village, Leedon Green or Leedon Residences in that enclave but price wise wonít be cheap.
satomoto likes this.
Old 15-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #38

what makes u think that REITS/stocks will crash? If really happen, that's whole market crash, the property u buying may affected as well, as REITS are somehow linked.
Also, REITS/stocks u can stop lost and cash out in 4 days and run back to ur country but properties, drop and drop till dunno when to recover?
You are absolutely right that REITs/stocks are so much liquid, instant cashout.

I am referring to the drop of value, in the previous crash the price of REITS > share > property is by that order, hence REITs lost the most value in the crash. I could be wrong, but that's the data I gather.
Old 15-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #39

If holland and near MRT, you need to be prepared to fork out top dollar, can consider One Holland Village, Leedon Green or Leedon Residences in that enclave but price wise wonít be cheap.
Thanks for mentioning Leedon, looking at it now.

I was also googling Tanjung Rhu area, my valentine told me she lives there and it's quiet.
Old 15-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #40

Thanks for mentioning Leedon, looking at it now.

I was also googling Tanjung Rhu area, my valentine told me she lives there and it's quiet.
Costa Rhu 2br facing the city currently has the best view in Singapore. Affordable. Though 99yrs lease. MRT beside it.
satomoto likes this.
bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:58 PM   #41

Costa Rhu 2br facing the city currently has the best view in Singapore. Affordable. Though 99yrs lease. MRT beside it.
Affordable? Care to elaborate.
Old 15-02-2020, 10:15 PM   #42

Yup,Founder’s memorial station is about 5 mins walk from Costa rhu. Alternatively, it’s a 7 mins walk to Tanjung Rhu station which will open end 2023.

Road leading to costa rhu will be realigned with MRT tunnel to maximise the land space for more residential development along Tanjung Rhu road.

https://landtransportguru.net/founde...orial-station/

satomoto likes this.

Last edited by 1993newbie; 15-02-2020 at 10:18 PM..
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 10:23 PM   #43

Costa rhu is a very nice condo if you get those facing the sea or sports hub, but itís just alittle old 22 years old, itís quite well maintained though.
satomoto likes this.
Old 15-02-2020, 10:33 PM   #44

Costa rhu is a very nice condo if you get those facing the sea or sports hub, but itís just alittle old 22 years old, itís quite well maintained though.
I googled the place and it indeed looks nice, I have two questions

1) For a 22 year old building it will be considered young in Europe, but I know there is a 99 year lease "issue" in Singapore, what happens when the lease goes nearer to the 99 year, does the property value go to zero, or will be bought back cheap?

2) With the construction of this line, would you reckon that prices will go down? Given that the place will become really bustling, hence possibly affecting the green and private surrounding.

Thank you!
Old 15-02-2020, 10:37 PM   #45

I googled the place and it indeed looks nice, I have two questions

1) For a 22 year old building it will be considered young in Europe, but I know there is a 99 year lease "issue" in Singapore, what happens when the lease goes nearer to the 99 year, does the property value go to zero, or will be bought back cheap?

2) With the construction of this line, would you reckon that prices will go down? Given that the place will become really bustling, hence possibly affecting the green and private surrounding.

Thank you!
Answer to qn
1) itís not so much about the lease decay, my concern is about the maintenance of the facade and the architecture, given that area is so prime and with the upcoming MRT line thereís a possibility of it being enbloc in the next cycle.

2) with the upcoming MRT line it would likely bring up prices than bring down prices but the price would stagnate at some point, now is about 13xxpsf, it could probably have alittle more room for appreciation till 1500psf thereabouts but in about 5-7 years horizon.
satomoto likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.