HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Grant as downpayment?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
Master Member

Grant as downpayment?

Assuming I am buying a $500K house and has only $20K in my CPF. Can the housing grant of $30K be used to made up the $50K downpayment required?

Or the grant will only be brought in for calculation after the 10% downpayment, which in this case is $50K, is fulfilled?
Kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #2

Yes grant can be used as downpayment. Pls take note that there will be others fee payable too
AndRiy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 01:22 AM   #3

10% downpayment if youre taking hdb loan. 5% from cpf (or cash top up) and another 5% you can use the grant. First 5% you cannot use grant to make the downpayment.

For your case, the first 5% they will deduct from your cpf and you need to top up another $5k cash. The next 5% you can deduct from the grant which you will left with 5k cpf. You can choose to keep or wipe clean your cpf to pay for the house. Hope this helps 👍🏻

Assuming I am buying a $500K house and has only $20K in my CPF. Can the housing grant of $30K be used to made up the $50K downpayment required?

Or the grant will only be brought in for calculation after the 10% downpayment, which in this case is $50K, is fulfilled?
muzakkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #4
Great Supremacy Member

Grant can be fully utilise for downpayment la... Grants however cannot be use for stamp duties payment.
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Master Member

Noted guys. Thanks!
Kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.