HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Guoco Midtown

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2020, 11:23 PM   #16

Midtown Modern - City of the Future

Expected Launch Date: Q4 2020

Comprising of 580 units of 1 to 4 BR and PH units in 2 towers, perched above Bugis MRT
Nice!!
daheigou999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:57 PM   #17

https://www.sgx.com/research-educati...tion-blueprint

Extract :

Slated for completion in 2022 is its next flagship project – Guoco Midtown – situated in the Beach Road area, which will be another development that will transform its location.

Guoco Midtown comprises premium Grade A offices, public and retail spaces, an exclusive 33-storey residential tower Midtown Bay, and the conserved Beach Road Police Station building.

Located at the intersection of two key development corridors along Beach Road and the Ophir-Rochor Road area, Guoco Midtown will connect the three office micromarkets of City Hall, Marina Centre and Bugis. It also has an increased footprint via the Tan Quee Lan Street site.

Guoco Midtown is poised to become the new social heart for the Beach Road area. It will boost the district's identity and vibrancy by providing a series of public spaces that can cater to different public activities and events.

"This is a follow-up to what we have done in Tanjong Pagar, where we have focused on building a place that the community can feel connected to,” Cheng said.

“By introducing new concepts based on live-work-play trends, this development will attract a whole new community of businesses, talents, residents and visitors. We believe it will redefine the area, and possibly create a new district identity."

In the meantime, COVID-19 has been a major disruption to economies and lifestyles. Cheng sees the effects more in terms of an acceleration of trends.

For example, many companies have started to adopt work-from-home as an integral part of their work space strategy. The hectic lifestyle also means wellness will be an important consideration for home owners as well as office workers.

"Over the last few years, we’ve seen more and more black swan events – ranging from geopolitical to climate, economic, and now, health issues. I can't remember a point in time over the past few years where we ever had a true Goldilocks environment."

In fact, it is this phenomena of constant change that underscores the importance of being at the cutting edge of developments.

"Are we staying ahead of developing trends? Where are things heading? How do we remain at the forefront of such changes, and be relevant to our customers and users over the long term? These questions are perpetually in the back of my mind," Cheng said.

There are no easy answers, and he is wary of latching onto what appears to be a quick fix. "It’s important to consider things holistically. It's not just about resolving the problem at hand, but also coming up with an elegant solution that’s also adaptable through time."
snoopydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:01 AM   #18

Update: Midtown Bay...no price increase but wef from 1 Aug, discounts will be reduced from 20+2% to 20%
Old 02-08-2020, 01:18 AM   #19

Update: Midtown Bay...no price increase but wef from 1 Aug, discounts will be reduced from 20+2% to 20%
Was there ever a discount? Or is it against their theoretical, unrealistic list price?
Old 02-08-2020, 01:21 AM   #20
Master Member

Was there ever a discount? Or is it against their theoretical, unrealistic list price?
I’ve checked, small units still transact at 3kpsf.
Simi 20+2% discount? How come I smell nothing?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:57 AM   #21

I’ve checked, small units still transact at 3kpsf.
Simi 20+2% discount? How come I smell nothing?
It transacted as high as 3.8k psf for the high floor, bay facing 1BR...

If that was the “20% discounted price”, then they’re saying that the “original price” is 4.7k psf? This must be some real fine wine that I can’t appreciate
Old 02-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #22

Apparently Guocoland operate against the norm, instead of increasing price, they reduce the discounts. The transacted price is already the discounted price

Looks like Guocoland wont price Midtown Modern cheaply, probably similar to Midtown Bay...wait and see in Q4.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #23

Apparently Guocoland operate against the norm, instead of increasing price, they reduce the discounts. The transacted price is already the discounted price

Looks like Guocoland wont price Midtown Modern cheaply, probably similar to Midtown Bay...wait and see in Q4.
I wonder if they’d eventually sell the final units at 4.7k psf

Recession? What recession
momoksan likes this.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:42 PM   #24
Master Member

I wonder if they’d eventually sell the final units at 4.7k psf

Recession? What recession
4.7kpsf if there’s no covid or recession.
3kpsf is because of covid/recession.

Yes, property price is crashing now
momoksan likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.