HLE enquiry

ssawong

Reaction score
use the hdb calculator, as it would be more accurate. based on a 3k income, it should work out to a max of 190k loan (900/mth repayment).

but do note that this amount (900/mth) is from the cpf ordinary account, and any shortfall needs to be top up in cash.

Thank u for the information! I got back the hle loan amt. It was 168,900

Lala02

Reaction score
Thanks for the infor. I calculated and it is only 45500! Omg?
How to pay for the rest?
How come ur calculation so little? Assuming $2500/month.. 30% x 2500 x 12mths x 20 years = $180000.. My last HLE amount was approx 30% of my monthly income x total no of months my loan is.. :)

89girl

Reaction score
Hi all. Need some advise/help. I've alot of loans with banks and I understand that in order to apply for this HLE loan they will need our credit bureau statement. Will it affect our loan?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Need some advise/help. I've alot of loans with banks and I understand that in order to apply for this HLE loan they will need our credit bureau statement. Will it affect our loan?

Since when they need that statement?

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

jjonghae

Reaction score
Seeking some advice - is it wise to pay off the flat in full upon key collection?

I've money from my parents and they are loaning me at x interest; better than them keeping at 0.x%.

in this case, after emptying my CPF, i can essentially pay off my flat in full.

But, I unds by paying off in full, I'd not need HPS - then again, banking on HPS means i wish something would happen so...choy ah!

Not sure if I should keep some balance like maybe $50k and slowly pay off via HDB loan?

Any advices from senior pls?

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take max hdb loan for 25 years, the interest rate is very Low 2.6%. Bank loan is going to increase in a few years. Hdb loan is considered a good debt, since interest rate is lower than inflation, the cash can be used to generate better returns.

Hitokirii

Reaction score
Hi all, for bto, I had already went for 2nd appointment and paid the downpayment .
What are the steps remaining?
Do I still need to apply for HLE and declare income for the second time?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think wait for the flat to come then pay till the min sum in cpf?

Waiting game

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

laccas

Reaction score
Yes, have to apply HLE again before key collection

Hi all, for bto, I had already went for 2nd appointment and paid the downpayment .
What are the steps remaining?
Do I still need to apply for HLE and declare income for the second time?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know the HDB loan will calculate ur loan amount base on basic salary or gross salary.

Basic means after cpf?

If I'm not wrong is gross. But if your gross is include comm, allowance extra then it's different.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

Hitokirii

Reaction score
Yes, have to apply HLE again before key collection

Went through the posts here .
Someone mention is an auto approval process based on first application .
As long as the income did not drop drastically .

Correct me if wrong .

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are you afraid of first?

Want to confirm then call up hdb lo.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

qwerty84

Reaction score
Hi all. I just paid otp and requested for valuation of a resale flat. Is it too late for me to apply for hdb loan now? I called hdb to ask, the officers said HDB loan has to be apply before otp done. Is it true? Now I can only take bank loan?

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do hdb consider salary at time of application or when selecting the flat? Will the application be affected say if your income doubles for bto and overshot the ceiling?

coolstardy

Reaction score
Do hdb consider salary at time of application or when selecting the flat? Will the application be affected say if your income doubles for bto and overshot the ceiling?
At the time of application with regards to the income ceiling

Gilbertz

Reaction score
Hi all
We are planning to sell our 3I flat and want to upgrade to 4rm but HLE got rejected last month due to income issue
Our combined average income was about 7k only but one month it was 13k. We appealed but hdb rejected our appeal.
Hdb still shows our old record and can not submit new application now

Any one please advise how to delete and submit new application?
Agent advising us to take bank loan but we want hdb loan
Thanks

Hopefulboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I applied for HLE for a potential new resale flat that me and my spouse are looking at. It seems like only self employed needs to submit credit bureau. Employed ones no need as they never asked us to submit the credit bureau report during application . My Wife is employed and has a stable income but credit bureau not so swee. We worry the HLE will be affected . Please advise . Many thanks

Hopefulboy

Reaction score
Got rejected due to Income too Low or too high ?

Hi all
We are planning to sell our 3I flat and want to upgrade to 4rm but HLE got rejected last month due to income issue
Our combined average income was about 7k only but one month it was 13k. We appealed but hdb rejected our appeal.
Hdb still shows our old record and can not submit new application now

Any one please advise how to delete and submit new application?
Agent advising us to take bank loan but we want hdb loan
Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.