House unable to sell

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please high floor no bugs is a myth. My parents place level 20, also got roach. Not even near the rubbish bin somemore.

Simple rule is, got food got bugs

Sure will get pest but there are certainly far less bugs for upper floor units.

TS should consider reducing price if flat cannot sell despite multiple viewings, I don't think it has anything to do with pantang, there is no evidence that 4th floor units are worth less than 2nd/3rd floor units, HDB would have priced them that way if demand was lower for such units.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tell the potential buyers
4 = 喜,
地点优越,四通八达,交通方便, 高级hdb flat......

Yes listening to feedback here.
So far, the recurring suggestions are reduce price, do minor reno works (re painting?). Any more feedback pls. Im all open for suggestions

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assuming TS has holding power and not desperate to sell due to any reason, I would disagree with the many comments to reduce price and sell.

There will always be demand for resale as it is for immediate occupancy and prospects can view and feel the unit physically. When arranging your flat for viewing, I would suggest not to clutter your flat with excessive items as it just makes the flat smaller and less inhabitable. Make sure your items are visually clean and well maintained. If possible, remove everything and arrange for basic furniture to be left in the flat if you have a very strong intention to sell.

Just some tips from propertylimbrothers I watched on instagram.

Dream catcher

Reaction score
Plenty MOP resale in SK/ PG. Buyers are spoilt for choice. So price will be the most important factor. In fact I know of someone who recently bought a #04 unit MOP 4 rm flat @ Rivervale Crescent $365K only. And the unit is renovated with full built-in wardrobes in all bedrooms, kitchen cabinets and 4 a/c.
So I’m sure if TS is willing to drop price, unit will be taken up.

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
I used to stay at 2nd floor. No one interested at all, trying to sell for years. But thanks god, HDB en Bloc that area and compensate me at a very good price.

Let me share my problem encounter.
1. Window facing trees. Bird issue is a big problem, the feces everywhere including the clothes. Complain to MP, they only trim the tree. But the problem is still there.
2. Near rubbish bin collector. The stench and the cockroach and rats. Cannot resolve.
3. Sewage choke and the feces flooded your unit. Really. Need to stay else where during that period. HDB only help to clear the choke and put the blame on the unit upstair doing renovation. But the owner act blur.
4. When NEA doing fogging, cockroach will take lift or take stair to your unit.
5. Noise. Especially people wedding or funeral. Normally people not comfortable to have a coffin place directly under the bedroom.
6. Children playing soccer illegally in the void deck. The sound of the ball hitting against the wall.

The buyer do not care about your reno, they care more about the surrounding, MRT and school. Consider reduce the price or stay on, pray that HDB en bloc your place.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plenty MOP resale in SK/ PG. Buyers are spoilt for choice. So price will be the most important factor. In fact I know of someone who recently bought a #04 unit MOP 4 rm flat @ Rivervale Crescent $365K only. And the unit is renovated with full built-in wardrobes in all bedrooms, kitchen cabinets and 4 a/c.
4rm can't sell. Wont 2rm be worse?

rider83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do Malay buyers mind buying non-Muslim houses? As in the house may not be "halal" (not sure if this is the right word to use). Maybe they are concerned with non-Muslim cooking pork for example

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought a fully furnish unit from a chinese seller and I’m malay. It all depends ba.

There’s always ways to cleanse the house. The process is call sertu. For me I don’t mind at all coz the tenant and owner take care of the house properly. Fridge, washing machine , TV, bedframe all in good condition. Save me thousands of dollars

Do Malay buyers mind buying non-Muslim houses? As in the house may not be "halal" (not sure if this is the right word to use). Maybe they are concerned with non-Muslim cooking pork for example

Last edited:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

365k for #04 @ Riverdale Crescent is considered good price compared to #04 at Rivervale Dr and Compassvale Street nearer to Punggol Rd which means nearer to MRT.

autumnleaf

Reaction score
Don’t think 4th floor is a big problem.
I managed to sell my 13th floor unit in 2017 in 3 viewings.

slashGNR

Reaction score
Checked Sep ROF, 1 5rm unit at Punggol #04-844 still available...any takers ?...:D
Imagine in China, how to sell 4th floor units ?...:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.