Housing Loan - guarantor must be the co-borrower and include in the title ?

anakinsky

Reaction score
Hi ,

Would like to check does housing guarantor must be the co-borrower and included in the title ?

My Friend son wanted to buy a landed property as the first property , but his credit / income not sufficient . My friend wanted to be the loan Guarantor or even the co-borrower , but do no want to be part of the title , else the ABSD kick in and my friend already owned few property .

Please advice . Thanks

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to check does housing guarantor must be the co-borrower and included in the title ?

Why not just check with the banks directly?

Things that we know of in the past, might change over time...

Many other factors come into play, like the age of the co-borrower as well...

darknite84

Master Member
Reaction score
Banks are not allowed to have non mortgagor guarantor anymore. He has to be co-owner and you all have to pay additional buyer stamp duties

anakinsky

Reaction score
If not mistaken , the ABSD will based on the owner with the most property count ? In this case .. no saving ..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.