HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How many tenants are allowed to rent/stay in a 5 room flat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

How many tenants are allowed to rent/stay in a 5 room flat

Hi guys, just wondering how many tenants are allowed to stay/rent inside a 5 room flat? I am asking because recently my neighbour has changed from 3 malaysian tenants to a group of myanmar/vietnamese nationals. Everyday i would see different faces walking in and out, there are also 2 ladies (not sure if both are staying inside).

Quite concern because every weekend there would be quite a number of different guys coming to the house for some sort of steamboat party.

The group inside is definitely more than 5 people and i am quite certain about it.

I know subletting tenants are illegal right? Just asking.
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #2

Max 6

Sent from Relax Dude......Dun Be So Serious using GAGT
seanyboydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #3

Hi guys, just wondering how many tenants are allowed to stay/rent inside a 5 room flat? I am asking because recently my neighbour has changed from 3 malaysian tenants to a group of myanmar/vietnamese nationals. Everyday i would see different faces walking in and out, there are also 2 ladies (not sure if both are staying inside).

Quite concern because every weekend there would be quite a number of different guys coming to the house for some sort of steamboat party.

The group inside is definitely more than 5 people and i am quite certain about it.

I know subletting tenants are illegal right? Just asking.

Maximum 6.
bananaboyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #4

Max 6. Make no mistake about it.
I rented out my 5 rooms and as a landlord, I very scare tenants will chut this pattern. Hence, I ask my neighbour (who is an uncle) to call me if he saw any abnormally. I will spot check on and off. This morning I went to spot check (but didn't go in) just check the meters, laundry, shoes and surrounding.

Last edited by cheongking888; 06-08-2020 at 05:17 PM..
cheongking888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #5

Google is your best friend!

https://www.gov.sg/article/renting-out-your-hdb-flat
hellgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.