Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How you view the property market now?

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #16

If u r expecting prices to come down n buy later on
I have friend sold house n rent
But that's the period where prices only go up not down
End up go buy a new unit also. Think they wasted a lot on rental.
Indeed, the sell-rent-buy type rarely works out in the end, coz very difficult to time the market.

Rental aside, also incurr significant costs on selling/buying/reno/furnishing...

Worst case tio ABSD and SSD some more.

Nowadays condo rent out 2-3k liked hdb I'm wandering why ppl still rent hdb
They serve different market segments: Condo for facilities, HDB for spaces/savings.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #17

If u r expecting prices to come down n buy later on
I have friend sold house n rent
But that's the period where prices only go up not down
End up go buy a new unit also. Think they wasted a lot on rental
Nowadays condo rent out 2-3k liked hdb I'm wandering why ppl still rent hdb
My take is even the current market move up it will not like the previous boom time, it will be a very gradual progress or temporary with those CM still on. The rental is still in the decline and that will put a damper on the property prices. I felt that the market is in some what confused state. The minor relaxation by the gov can be view that the gov is expecting the market to get worst in the near future and the relaxation is to reduce the impact to the property buyer. Its definitely not in the interest of the gov to want the property market to get hot again with all the negative political and economic effect.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
joeubk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Singapore is only a small island
How many more land we can spare for housing?
Its just a matter of time housing prices will pick up again
Just look around you
What things you see are getting cheaper
NON i suppose
As long as gahmen pipelining the 99 years lease property well in the schedule, there will always be land available for the optimum/maximum number of people allowed in this island.

Look at bigger picture and put yourself in the policy maker shoes.

And dont forget they can change the rule anytime.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
mikezuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #19

As long as gahmen pipelining the 99 years lease property well in the schedule, there will always be land available for the optimum/maximum number of people allowed in this island.

Look at bigger picture and put yourself in the policy maker shoes.

And dont forget they can change the rule anytime.
Adjusting Plot Ratio is among the tools.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #20

My feeling is we're in an economic bubble that could pop.

And I think a lot of Singaporeans had bought into the idea of heavily borrowing to own more than one property.

If the bubble pops and retrenchment exercises begin, the ones who over extended themselves will be forced to do fire sales.

But I also think there are a lot of people with liquidity waiting on the sidelines for this to happen. So that may balance out the supply/demand ratio.
Laneige and ~Dragonite~ like this.
theblueark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

I feel the line between high-end hdb and low/mid end private condos are blurring. It is no longer strange to see a 4/5rm hdb unit going for >900k. On the other hand, condo prices are stagnant at best. (referring to resale units). New launches are still priced high as there is pent up demand over the years. And the buyers are singaporeans/PRs.

Laneige and ~Dragonite~ like this.
kenpachi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #22

Indeed, the sell-rent-buy type rarely works out in the end, coz very difficult to time the market.

Rental aside, also incurr significant costs on selling/buying/reno/furnishing...

Worst case tio ABSD and SSD some more.

They serve different market segments: Condo for facilities, HDB for spaces/savings.
Sell-rent-buy can work if you have two or more properties prior to the selling process. Then you don't have to rent from others. (but you lose an rental income when you sold one of your properties.)
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #23

My feeling is we're in an economic bubble that could pop.

And I think a lot of Singaporeans had bought into the idea of heavily borrowing to own more than one property.

If the bubble pops and retrenchment exercises begin, the ones who over extended themselves will be forced to do fire sales.

But I also think there are a lot of people with liquidity waiting on the sidelines for this to happen. So that may balance out the supply/demand ratio.
With tdsr around, ppl can't be heavily borrowing from bank unlike the time before tdsr is implemented.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #24

Simple answers ...

too many expert and senior comments. Let me share what i see ...

Take a look at the land sales and at how govt are throwing out land for bidding.
Look at how much bid between 2nd vs winner of bid. usually the 2nd or third are quite sharp of true reflecting of the value of land in sgp assuming building costs stays stagnant.

A simple fact is land cost are going up up up. whether is land used for EC or Condos or landed.

An example is Qingjian bidding tops vs local developers ... several pieces of land has been pegged at prices where the first 5 bidders are miles apart. So what does this means ? They are playing the market ??? Ec they won several of them and control the pricing really well instead of following the world economy.

What you see ? Everybody is still buying ... despite the high prices.

Wait ? Yes pls wait and see wait and see ...

What about regional countries property market ? Ask yourself and see yourself ..

have a flat in yishun to be rented and agent called on saturday citing the best client and proposal and rentals. despite having just doing up the reno 1 week ago, i told her to search for other profiles as not wanting my good reno to be damaged. Agent said it is a bad market and this is the best rentals i can get ...

Citing HDB rental reports is about a couple of hundred difference and with everything newly furnish, it cant be a couple below last done right ? i asked. got an answer which surprise me. for 100 dollars discount agent phone rang.
*laughs... a simple fact, cheap everybody wants.

simple facts, got holding power, you can say no to anybody.
so likely many will not even bothered with the market but to buy buy buy at lows ...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kyteo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #25

anyone knows when the 2nd half land sales will be released?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
walaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #26

anyone knows when the 2nd half land sales will be released?
Just released. Supply of land for private housing increased as demand rises
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/supply-of-land-for-private-housing-increased-as-demand-rises-8987368
~Dragonite~ likes this.
jouhyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 02:26 PM   #27

Just released. Supply of land for private housing increased as demand rises
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-rises-8987368
Seems like all signs point towards a recovery albeit nothing like the previous boom…expert say looking at 1-2% growth
~Dragonite~ likes this.
joeubk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #28
High Supremacy Member

Is renting better then buying a house now?
Not for Singapore but yes for Hong Kong.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #29
Greater Supremacy Member

Those who owns property are bullish while those who do not own any are bearish
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #30

Whether bull or bear end of the day it is basic needs ... over your head then you are safe. pay 6 digits today or 7 digit tomorrow is what you decide today.

Take a look at history class. Human, clans, tribes fought for lands ... Why ?

Even everything stays the same. Will your bank interest stays zero ? will IRAS close shop ? Will our minister drop their salaries ?

Trust it will tell everything ...

No need to explain further.

today market is soft. i dun trust experts. I trust my own datas...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kyteo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.