www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   HomeSeekers and HomeMakers (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/)
-   -   How you view the property market now? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/how-you-view-property-market-now-5643558.html)

joeubk 24-06-2017 04:47 PM

How you view the property market now?

I understand the people in this forum is either buying/selling their property and I would like check with all on your take of the property market now………

Lately, there are lot of news about enbloc sales and high land tender price, the market seems to be turning a corner after the down trend of the past years. Although I am sure the gov will not relax the cooling measures any time soon especially ABSD and TDSR but is this nascent enthusiasm sustainable to push the prices higher? This is improving sentiment is pushing the fence siting buyer to take the plunge. I have been in the market recently looking around and can sense the increased activities and buyer/seller enthusiasm.

However with the uncertain global economy and security situation plus the certain interest hike which will affect the market sentiment, will it better to hold and wait for awhile until a clearer picture emerge? I am looking for both own stay and investment.

What is the actual situation on the ground?

Thanks.

SBC 24-06-2017 07:01 PM

The good sentiment by developers to bid higher for enbloc and land sale had reflected the projected surge in the coming years.

Clazav 24-06-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeubk (Post 108802716)
I understand the people in this forum is either buying/selling their property and I would like check with all on your take of the property market now………

Lately, there are lot of news about enbloc sales and high land tender price, the market seems to be turning a corner after the down trend of the past years. Although I am sure the gov will not relax the cooling measures any time soon especially ABSD and TDSR but is this nascent enthusiasm sustainable to push the prices higher? This is improving sentiment is pushing the fence siting buyer to take the plunge. I have been in the market recently looking around and can sense the increased activities and buyer/seller enthusiasm.

However with the uncertain global economy and security situation plus the certain interest hike which will affect the market sentiment, will it better to hold and wait for awhile until a clearer picture emerge? I am looking for both own stay and investment.

What is the actual situation on the ground?

Thanks.

High land bid is due to developers wanting to accumulate enough land to develop in the near future, like 1 - 2 years from now, where the sentiment is expected to improve further. But nowadays people are also having the mentality of buying new condo rather than resale ones. High price for new condo doesn't mean that the market has improved in general. I would prefer to buy a resale private instead of a new one, or a new private that is launched 1 - 3 years ago and under construction.

dnsfpl 24-06-2017 07:04 PM

resale price is picking up too

SBC 24-06-2017 07:06 PM

Good for single 35 to pick up HDB resale.

hyman 24-06-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBC (Post 108804426)
The good sentiment by developers to bid higher for enbloc and land sale had reflected the projected surge in the coming years.

Some are of the view that the next economic crisis is about due (after the last which was almost a decade ago), and the market will undergo major corrections by then.

As such, they will adopt wait and see approach and hope to buy low during the crash.

sg_investor 24-06-2017 09:31 PM

Nobody seems to sell short their properties.

malaikai2005 24-06-2017 10:49 PM

Singapore is only a small island
How many more land we can spare for housing?
Its just a matter of time housing prices will pick up again
Just look around you
What things you see are getting cheaper
NON i suppose :s22:

$ofhie888 24-06-2017 11:08 PM

Is renting better then buying a house now?

Clazav 24-06-2017 11:28 PM

Due to cooling measures in 2013, sg ppl have been waiting for the right time to buy properties these few years. But it has been a long wait. Many are not going to wait anymore and would like to jump in within these two years. That you can see from the high psf of park place, seaside etc. Between 2013 to 2016 there has being a drop in the number of transactions compared to the years before 2013.

cscs3 24-06-2017 11:37 PM

Agents will tell you is a good time to buy. But if you look at those unit not sold/left and project is already TOP. Everyone know the answer.

hyman 24-06-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $ofhie888 (Post 108807954)

Depends on how long you want to rent.

Time flies and the renters could be still renting after many years.

Better be prepared to buy if intend to stay for the longer term.

lorenzo86 25-06-2017 10:41 AM

I have been monitoring the property market for the past few months.
Wanted to hoot a tiny private unit for investment. but the current markets doesn't seems have any clue.

The only thing i realised is
Good(cheap) price cannot find good unit
Good unit cannot find good(cheap) price

I am not asking for a super low price. but the market seems overvalue for those good unit.

Laneige 25-06-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $ofhie888 (Post 108807954)

If u r expecting prices to come down n buy later on
I have friend sold house n rent
But that's the period where prices only go up not down
End up go buy a new unit also. Think they wasted a lot on rental
Nowadays condo rent out 2-3k liked hdb I'm wandering why ppl still rent hdb

joeubk 25-06-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenzo86 (Post 108812876)
I have been monitoring the property market for the past few months.
Wanted to hoot a tiny private unit for investment. but the current markets doesn't seems have any clue.

The only thing i realised is
Good(cheap) price cannot find good unit
Good unit cannot find good(cheap) price

I am not asking for a super low price. but the market seems overvalue for those good unit.

Which area you are looking at? Geylang?

Studio apartment absolute quantum is small and most owner has the holding power. Studio apartment is easy to rent out too...so they are not desperate to sell.

But its good to look around and you might find a good deal. I have came across desperate seller due to some reason is flexible in their prices both 99 and FH. I am still looking around.