Info on Grants/Subsidies Available For First Timer

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i were to buy an EC under the joint singles scheme (no grant taken, since none offered), will i still be eligible for any CPF grant after i sold the EC and bought resale HDB under singles scheme?

Singles Grant eligibility said:
You must be a first-timer applicant, meaning that you must meet the following criteria:

Not the owner of a flat bought from HDB, or an Executive Condominium (EC) or Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat bought from a developer
Not sold a flat bought from HDB, or an EC/ DBSS flat bought from a developer
Not received any CPF Housing Grant for the purchase of an HDB resale flat
Not received any form of housing subsidy, e.g. benefitted under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS), HUDC estate privatisation

this means i wont be eligible for any grant is it?

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grant = special privilege (extra funds to pay downpayment)
Brand new BTO, Brand new EC = special privilege (discounted price from resale)

After getting 1 time special privilege, there is no longer any grant for future housing,
and if applying for next BTO, need to pay resale levy.

-vinz

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just have a few questions regarding the new EHG. Sorry if my questions are dumb but i can’t seem to find the answers clearly. Hope someone can help out :)

1. For the EHG, when will the money be credited to your CPF OA account?
2. Can i use the grant that is credited to my OA account to pay for my initial down payment of my BTO?
3. i am in Uni now and my gf is currently working, however, i understand she has to be working consecutive 12 months, she worked 15 months already but in between she had a 1 month break to find a new job. Understand it is not considered 12 consecutive month like that. Any way to still get the grant? Or anyone tried appealing before? Hope someone can help :)

Thank you!
1. For my singles grant, I only got it around 1.5 months before completion...
2. Should be able to. Check with the agent. I used the grant to pay for my resale.
3. Ask MP for help?

Good luck.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

When filling up the BTO application form, there's a field to declare your occupation and another field to declare your monthly income.

I'm still a student, but I'm working full time and receiving CPF. In such scenario
- what should i declare as my occupation?
- if I declare as student, should I declare my income?

My thinking is it doesn't matter because they can verify from the cpf records anyway. Anyone have such experience and can share?
If you are working full time, you should put in your full time job.

My full time job is a Japanese teacher, but I am also a student studying a part time degree..

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Resale HLE & CPF Grant 40K timeline

We are a Singaporean couple in the process of buying our HDB flat and we are close to (but below) the 14k combined income ceiling. We are expecting the HLE next week. My questions below:

1) I understand the CPF grant 40K be disbursed during the 10% downpayment stage later. Will there be another requirement to submit our recent income pay slips/bank account statements during the HDB loan release stage again?
2) The whole resale process takes 2-3 months. If our income increases and pushes us beyond our combined income ceiling beyond the 14k limit, what happens to our HLE and CPF grant?

Your replies would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.
Better check with HDB.... later we give wrong info, then v paiseh...

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to check how much money can I take out from my CPF OA for downpayment?

I am currently looking at a HDB resale that I will try to negotiate down to $460K.

I can probably come out $100K cash out of my own pocket, take out a $300K loan, at maximum, although I am more comfortable with a $200K loan and have about $130K in my CPF OA.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at which stage do i apply for grant??

Last edited:

Habi96

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply vinz. If you take a look at the HDB first timer housing grants, it is stated that “If eligible, please download the relevant AHG application form or AHG/ SHG application form and submit it to us during your flat booking appointment.” So I wanted to try my luck to apply for AHG/SHG since I only need to submit the housing grants application form during flat booking appointment. Yes, I understand the chance is slim and I did not meet the “continuously employed for the 12 months prior to the flat application” and HDB has recently announced that the waiting time for balloting result will be shortened from 6 weeks to 3 weeks, which means I might not even meet the 12 months employment prior to flat booking appointment (provided my ballot is successful). Maybe I would like to ask what is the intent of meeting this requirement of “continuously employed for the 12 months prior to the flat application” in order to apply for housing grants? Rules are rules but they are always created for a reason.

Hi! I WILL BE IN THE SIMILAR SITUATION AS YOU WERE, AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED... WOULD YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE... DID YOU GET THE GRANTS... I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR A FLAT IN THE UPCOMING SALES LAUNCH AND HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED FOR 11MONTHS ONLY

Hardware4455

Reaction score
A quick question here.

For SC+PR applicant, do we qualify for the full EHG or the Non-Citizen Spouse scheme (half)? buying a brand new flat from HDB

Found this online looks like the full grant is available however need to add 10000 premium on top of it

First-Timer SC/PR Couple Buying a BTO
There are two grants of interest to you:

Enhanced CPF Housing Grant – gives you up to $80,000
Citizen Top-Up
Like the scenario of the SC/SC couple buying a BTO, the amount you’ll get depends on your income (capped at $9,000/mo).

Just note that you’ll have to pay a premium of $10,000 on top of the purchase price for that BTO flat. You’ll get it back later on, but only if the PR spouse converts to Singapore citizenship

Last edited:

verencesx

Reaction score
I'm planning to apply for Sales of Balance Flats in Nov 2021 under the Fiancé/Fiancée Scheme. However I would like to check if we are eligible for the EHG grant without having to defer our income assessment. Here are the information:

- I started working full time from Dec 2020. However, there is no December payslip as I joined after the 15th, therefore the salary for Dec will be paid together with Jan's salary at end of Jan 2021 (Company's practice)

- My fiancé is a full time student as of Nov 2021

Will we be eligible for EHG without having to defer our income assessment for the Sales of balance exercise in Nov 2021? I understand the criteria for EHG is to work continuously for last 12 months, which I already have. However, I am concern as I'm lacking the Dec 2020 payslip for the income document submission.

Anyone have idea?

Dk12345

Reaction score
My hubby has been working for more than 6 months. I have been working for 1.5 months. Our combined income is about 7k. Any chance our hle will be calculated based on current 7k? Or possible to appeal? Understand I need 3 months of payslip and cpf contribution. Any way around this? Saw a house we really like thats why the rush.

1234high5

Reaction score
Hi! I WILL BE IN THE SIMILAR SITUATION AS YOU WERE, AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED... WOULD YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE... DID YOU GET THE GRANTS... I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR A FLAT IN THE UPCOMING SALES LAUNCH AND HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED FOR 11MONTHS ONLY
Hi, may I know what's your update regarding your situation? Did you manage to get the grant? I am also facing this situation.

Sswing88

Reaction score
I am sg citizen, if in the mid if grant application I change job, will I entitled for the grant?
But my husband work in same company for more than 3years but he is sg PR. We have 3kids.

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Buying resale under singles scheme so $25+$5k. How do they account for this if I apply bank loan?
Is it $330k x 25% (5% cash, 20%) deduct form 25%? But I still need to pay 5%cash?
$330k flat.

todomachi

Reaction score
Buying resale under singles scheme so $25+$5k. How do they account for this if I apply bank loan?
Is it $330k x 25% (5% cash, 20%) deduct form 25%? But I still need to pay 5%cash?
$330k flat.
As long you are taking bank loan, you will need to pay a minimum of 5% cash. As for the grant, it will be top up into your CPF where you can use it to form that 20% payment or use it for your monthly mortgage payment subsequently where u use your CPF.

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
As long you are taking bank loan, you will need to pay a minimum of 5% cash. As for the grant, it will be top up into your CPF where you can use it to form that 20% payment or use it for your monthly mortgage payment subsequently where u use your CPF.
Ah ic. So that's hw it works

McFadden

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$330k flat.
Your income very high?I thought if earn 2k +, is 25k+20k?

maisianmaisian

Reaction score
I am marrying a divorcee who has an EC. Am I counted as a first-timer? Would like to know if I can still apply for house to get a grant? BTO possible? Else a resale.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.