HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Info on Grants/Subsidies Available For First Timer

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #286

First half paid when you sign the Agreement for lease which is usually 4 months of booking a flat.

Remaining amount is paid during key collection.

Hope that helps.

Thanks man. This is helpful!
Rusty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #287

Hi, I recently received my grant assessment letter from HDB. My fiance is a full time PHD student receiving scholarship stipend from the university, yet HDB took into account his stipend and considered our combined income to be ineligible for the AHG. We are planning to appeal for the AHG. Anyone has a similar experience or can shed some light on this? Thanks much!
Ftwmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #288
Great Supremacy Member

Why need to appeal?

Income/ allowance that will be considered for the income ceiling
Allowances (fixed/ variable) received on a regular basis, such as allowances for food, transport, laundry, uniform
^Sustenance Allowance
Stipend

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/re...mer-applicants
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #289

Hi
I've been working for the past 6years, earning income is around 3k
My fiancŤ is unemployed due to his illness for the past 1year plus.
But he did have CPF contribuation from his previous job.

Will HLE be granted.
And will HDB look into consideration his CPF earnings.
Adriyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #290

Unhappy Error during resale application submission

Hi, I am trying to do a resale application online, however I am stuck at the point under Loans and Grants. After keying in all the details for the specific page, including my HLE number, I am unable to click NEXT. An error message comes up saying that "The HLE letter cannot be used for this resale application because the Application Type indicated in the HLE letter is different".

I don't get this, what is different? The are no given "types" of HLE when I was applying. Where have I gone wrong and how can I rectify this?
adinike03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #291
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is this thread still active ?

May I know what are the grants available to a couple who is

Person a) just graduated from studies 6months ago and currently working
And person b) currently studying part time eg sim and unemployed ?

From my understanding is not eligible for any grants cause person a and b not working for >12 months and can't apply for deferred income assessment as person b not full time student.

Please advise. Thanks!
yihao93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #292

To apply AHG and SHG, mention need to 12 mths continually work before the flat selection, if I change job during the 12 mths period, will affect the grants?
Anyone has any idea on this?

And also if Iím eligible for the AHG and the SHG, will I still be eligible for the proximity grants near to parents for SOBF?

Thanks!
Lala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #293

Anyone has any idea on this?

And also if Iím eligible for the AHG and the SHG, will I still be eligible for the proximity grants near to parents for SOBF?

Thanks!
There is no proximity grant for SBF. Only resale
Lala02 likes this.
Iamafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #294

There is no proximity grant for SBF. Only resale
Thank you very much for your kind reply..

I understand that to be eligible for the grants, I need to be employed continually for 1 year.. let say if I were to change job, but CPF contribution is continuous, for example Jan - Oct is ABC company then Nov onwards is XYZ company, but employment records is still more than a year, will it affect the grant?
Lala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #295
Great Supremacy Member

Thank you very much for your kind reply..

I understand that to be eligible for the grants, I need to be employed continually for 1 year.. let say if I were to change job, but CPF contribution is continuous, for example Jan - Oct is ABC company then Nov onwards is XYZ company, but employment records is still more than a year, will it affect the grant?
Nope, no issue.
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #296

Hi, for the 12 months preceding bto application, I have worked 9 months with cpf contribution, 3 months in between as a freelance consultant for a Malaysia company (self employed with no acra registration) with a monthly retainer in cash(ringgit) and no cpf. Will I still fulfill the criteria for ahg / shg as it is 12 months continuous employment ? Thanks
Singboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #297
Master Member

Hi, for the 12 months preceding bto application, I have worked 9 months with cpf contribution, 3 months in between as a freelance consultant for a Malaysia company (self employed with no acra registration) with a monthly retainer in cash(ringgit) and no cpf. Will I still fulfill the criteria for ahg / shg as it is 12 months continuous employment ? Thanks
Criteria is very strict for AHG/SHG. 12 months full employment with PROOF. CPF statement is a must , with all 12 months proper payslip submitted.

Freelance, paid in ringgit cash, no CPF, i also assume no payslip.

I doubt they will take that into consideration. As mentioned, they are very strict on this two grant, and only accept proper documentation records of employment status.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #298

Criteria is very strict for AHG/SHG. 12 months full employment with PROOF. CPF statement is a must , with all 12 months proper payslip submitted.

Freelance, paid in ringgit cash, no CPF, i also assume no payslip.

I doubt they will take that into consideration. As mentioned, they are very strict on this two grant, and only accept proper documentation records of employment status.
Thanks! With payslip and contract / letter of appointment. Sme in johor with over 10 mil annual revenue. Because was wondering if oversea work considered although based in sg
Singboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #299

Hi, I have a question about the '12 months continuous employment' too.

My wife is a foreigner, so her income will not be taken into account in the HDB loan.

But her income will be taken into consideration for grants? Also, what if I as the Singapore citizen was not in continuous employment for the past 12 months but she is. Will we still qualify for AHG and SHG?

And also, if we apply with our Singaporean child, will we be eligible for the First Timer grants or is it still the Non-Citizen Spouse scheme?

Thank you!

Last edited by zencro; 07-02-2019 at 07:36 PM..
zencro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 07:48 AM   #300

Hi. Not sure if anyone has knowledge or experience.

My fiance and i are first timer and finally got BTO. We have paid the dp last year.

If i were to forgo my BTO and go with resales now which is less than 2km from my parent's home.

- will hdb forfeit my dp?
- will hdb still give us grants for resales?
- any chance to appeal for either/or?

Lastly, do we need present marraige cert within 3 months if buying resales flat? Any chance to appeal for 6 months ?

TIA!
frenz4ever00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.