HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Info on Grants/Subsidies Available For First Timer

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #46

BTW, a big thanks to vinz for the compilation of the grants and loans available.
khaos83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #47

Need to check, if I am 1st timer buying a resale flat, getting HDB loan (combine less than 8k). I will be able to get 1st timer grant, HDB loan... will i be getting near to parent grant as well?

Me and gf combine income less than 8k but more than 5k.
IntimacyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #48

Hi all,

Me (citizen) and my Gf (PR), earning combined gross 4.8k, first time buyer, say wan2 get a resale flat worth 330,000.

I intend to loan maybe 85% of the 330,000.
Am I entitled to 30k grant and a 5k (AHU grant)??

And what is the prevailing interest rate for HDB loan?? And our CPF can only utilise the ordinary account?
spurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #49
Master Member

Hi Vinz,

saw your earlier post.

4) Buy resale flat, get HDB loan, get 1st timer grant, get AHG (if income less than 5k) (5yrs MOP)

5) Buy resale flat, get bank loan, no 1st timer grant, no AHG (Income above 8k, or PR) (1yr MOP)

if Buy resale, get HDB loan, but dun apply for any grant.. whats the MOP? is it 3 years?

Found the answer:

Resale Flat bought in the open market (without CPF Housing Grant Scheme)

Revised

For resale applications received on or after 5 March 2010, the MOP is 3 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status. Existing flat owners of non-subsidised flats will not be affected, i.e. the original MOP of 2.5 or 1 year continues to apply to them.

Last edited by RoLanTo; 23-03-2010 at 10:47 AM..
RoLanTo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #50

What will happen to the grant when I sell my resale flat next time and decided not to buy a HDB anymore? Will it be returned to me in cash or put in my CPF account? Or do I have to pay back in CASH?
Old 17-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #51
Master Member

JUST UPDATED WITH THE NEW HDB URL LINKS:

Please note that there are basically 3 things which you have to take note if you are getting a brand new flat or a resale flat.

1) HDB loan - Can be use for Brand new and Resale flat (if buyer is eligible) , the most important criteria is that combined monthly income must not be more than $8k

Please click :Eligibility Conditions for Housing Loans from HDB

2) CPF 1st timer housing grant - ONLY FOR RESALE FLAT (Brand new flat buyers can stop enquiring about this). The most important criteria is that combined monthly income must not be more than $8k.

Brand new flat no grant. The so called "cheaper prices than market resale flats" is the subsidy which HDB is giving to all brand new flat buyer..

Please click : CPF 1st timer grant and Near parent grant

3) AHG (Additional Housing Grant) - Can be use for Brand new and Resale flat (if buyer is eligible) , the most important criteria is that combined monthly income must not be more than $5k for the past 1yr.

Please click : Additional Housing Grant

Most 1st timer buyers will fit under one of the below:

1) Buy brand new, get HDB loan, (if income more than 5k, but less than 8k) (5yrs MOP)

2) Buy brand new, get HDB loan, get AHG (if income less than 5k) (5yrs MOP)

3) Buy resale flat, get HDB loan, get 1st timer grant (if income more than 5k, but less than 8k) (5yrs MOP)

4) Buy resale flat, get HDB loan, get 1st timer grant, get AHG (if income less than 5k) (5yrs MOP)

5) Buy resale flat, get HDB loan , never apply for 1st timer grant, never apply for AHG (3yrs MOP)

6) Buy resale flat, get bank loan, no 1st timer grant, no AHG (Income above 8k, or PR) (3yr MOP)

Pls click : Request Eligibility to sell flat in Open market(MOP)

Pls click : Information about Minimum occupation period (MOP)

NOTE : More than 8k monthly income = Not eligible for HDB loan (Bank loan only), not eligible for brand new flat, not eligible for 1st timer grant, and of course not eligible for AHG.

vinz
vinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #52
Master Member

What will happen to the grant when I sell my resale flat next time and decided not to buy a HDB anymore? Will it be returned to me in cash or put in my CPF account? Or do I have to pay back in CASH?
It's called CPF housing grant.

In the first place, CPF board will put the amount of grant you eligible for into your CPF ordinary account, and then HDB board will do the deduction (wipe out your ordinary to $0 if taking HDB loan) when you buy the resale flat.

When you sell, this grant amount will be return back into your CPF ordinary account, for you to keep or use for the next house etc.

HDB or CPF board won't ever ask you to return this grant in the form of CPF/CASH when you sell.
vinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

if you and your fiance decide to get a RESALE, then your are eligible for $30k grant for first timers, $10k grant. if you stay near parents, AHG of up to $40k

total of potential $80k if you decide to get a HDB resale.

if you and yr fiance decide to get a BRAND NEW/DBSS hdb, the grant you are eligible for are only stay near parents which is $10k and AHG of potential $40k.

total potential of up to $50k if you decide to get a brand new/dbss

some T&C for additional housing grant(AHG):

average family income less than $1500 ---- $40,000
$1501 to $2000 - $35000
$2001 to $2500 - $30000
$2501 to $3000 - $25000
$3001 to $3500 - $20000
$3501 to $4000 - $15000
$4001 to $4500 - $10000
$4501 to $5000 - $5000

*At least one of the flat buyers must have
worked continuously for at least 1 year before the Resale Flat Application

*Average monthly household income over the 1-year period must not exceed $5,000
Hi xjasonz, for for first timers, is referring to never take grant before or first time apply a HDB?
KopRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #54

hi need to check... if i and my gf getting married in sep 2010... and we are looking at resale flat now and we recently found a nice unit that we wanted... will we still be eligible for the 40k grant (cos staying near to parents) as technically we only will have our rom cert in sep 2010... as i saw in hdb site stating we must have the rom cert when signing the final sale and considering from finding a unit to signing the final sale usually take abt 2 to 3 months...
khimwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #55

Hi, wan to ask ask..

i see post #36 dated 06-07-2009 regarding the working continously for 1 year.

Is it say a must to work 1 year then can order BTO flats?
(I got apply the Boon Lay Grove BTO)

Reason is that i'm a part time worker..not really continously working 1 year.
(Maybe 1 year work 8 months that type)
Would it pose any problem as i'm the main applicant?
*Wife to be have been working continously for more then 1 year.

I go HDB website clickk here click there, dunno where to get the infos.

Thanks.
bo liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #56

Hi, wan to ask ask..

i see post #36 dated 06-07-2009 regarding the working continously for 1 year.

Is it say a must to work 1 year then can order BTO flats?
(I got apply the Boon Lay Grove BTO)

Reason is that i'm a part time worker..not really continously working 1 year.
(Maybe 1 year work 8 months that type)
Would it pose any problem as i'm the main applicant?
*Wife to be have been working continously for more then 1 year.

I go HDB website clickk here click there, dunno where to get the infos.

Thanks.
there isn't any rule stated that you have to work continuously 1 year in order to apply for a BTO flat.
The only thing that affects is that if you are elligible for AHG, u have to produce your past 1 year CPF statements. Part-time employment is put into consideration as well.
For my case, bf and i working continuously for 2 years. he full time i part time. we still got the flat and grant though
Old 11-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #57

hi need to check... if i and my gf getting married in sep 2010... and we are looking at resale flat now and we recently found a nice unit that we wanted... will we still be eligible for the 40k grant (cos staying near to parents) as technically we only will have our rom cert in sep 2010... as i saw in hdb site stating we must have the rom cert when signing the final sale and considering from finding a unit to signing the final sale usually take abt 2 to 3 months...

Your first appointment alone can take up to 3 months. It depends on both you and seller. So I think sep should be pretty safe. For the grant i think it also depends on other factors like your income etc. You may want to check further in hdb website.
blue_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #58

The only thing that affects is that if you are elligible for AHG, u have to produce your past 1 year CPF statements.
Thx for the reply..

Normal is $30k grant..So is just the case of the extra $10k issue right?
Other then this no more liao hor?

Thanks again.
bo liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #59

Just to check, for first timer with household income more than $8k, you are not given anything at all right?

No New house
No HDB loan
No grant
egocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #60
Supremacy Member

JUST UPDATED WITH THE NEW HDB URL LINKS:

Please note that there are basically 3 things which you have to take note if you are getting a brand new flat or a resale flat.

1) HDB loan - Can be use for Brand new and Resale flat (if buyer is eligible) , the most important criteria is that combined monthly income must not be more than $8k

Please click :Eligibility Conditions for Housing Loans from HDB

2) CPF 1st timer housing grant - ONLY FOR RESALE FLAT (Brand new flat buyers can stop enquiring about this). The most important criteria is that combined monthly income must not be more than $8k.

Brand new flat no grant. The so called "cheaper prices than market resale flats" is the subsidy which HDB is giving to all brand new flat buyer..

Please click : CPF 1st timer grant and Near parent grant

3) AHG (Additional Housing Grant) - Can be use for Brand new and Resale flat (if buyer is eligible) , the most important criteria is that combined monthly income must not be more than $5k for the past 1yr.

Please click : Additional Housing Grant

Most 1st timer buyers will fit under one of the below:

1) Buy brand new, get HDB loan, (if income more than 5k, but less than 8k) (5yrs MOP)

2) Buy brand new, get HDB loan, get AHG (if income less than 5k) (5yrs MOP)

3) Buy resale flat, get HDB loan, get 1st timer grant (if income more than 5k, but less than 8k) (5yrs MOP)

5) Buy resale flat, get HDB loan , never apply for 1st timer grant, never apply for AHG (3yrs MOP)

6) Buy resale flat, get bank loan, no 1st timer grant, no AHG (Income above 8k, or PR) (3yr MOP)

Pls click : Request Eligibility to sell flat in Open market(MOP)

Pls click : Information about Minimum occupation period (MOP)

NOTE : More than 8k monthly income = Not eligible for HDB loan (Bank loan only), not eligible for brand new flat, not eligible for 1st timer grant, and of course not eligible for AHG.

vinz
above information must be added at 1st post so it will be effective info for all....
yukita is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.