www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   HomeSeekers and HomeMakers (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/)
-   -   INSTALL AWNING IN CONDO (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/install-awning-condo-6127103.html)

alxthxa 09-10-2019 01:20 AM

INSTALL AWNING IN CONDO
 
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if anyone here is familiar with URA thing?

It is said that if you want to install an awning more than 2m, you need to seek approval from URA.

My question is, chances of approval rate is how much?

A few friends said to me that it will instantly get reject. But in what scenario will it be approved?

Thanks!

bolster 09-10-2019 08:43 AM

For roof terrace? Better do a proper cover using aluminium composite. The wind so strong nowadays.

Anyway,
1. Get PE approval $400-3000 with drawing depend how big the area cover.
2. Ura submission fee $800 submit as owner or $1500 asking PE just to submit for you.
3. Management with AGM approval for awning for roof terrace enclosure.

Donít worry. URA people very nice. They will ask you to submit more document to support your case till approve or you give up.

The price exclude doing the covering of the roof terrace.

Prepare $30-40k to cover the entire roof terrace. It is worth it.

yoongf 09-10-2019 09:08 AM

Chk with MA first. Think submission to URA need a MCST endorsement.

alxthxa 09-10-2019 09:46 AM

To be very frank with you, my management allows me to do because he said so far no complaints about awning structure with trellis and ziptrak.

I did mine and then one month later, I received a complaint from a neighbour saying that I blocked their view? Which doesn’t make sense to me. Cuz there wasn’t any view to even see, unless they want to peek into my unit.

If right now, I want to submit to URA, will I still stand a chance to get approval?

I really wouldn’t want to remove this 30k worth of awning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolster (Post 123142450)
For roof terrace? Better do a proper cover using aluminium composite. The wind so strong nowadays.

Anyway,
1. Get PE approval $400-3000 with drawing depend how big the area cover.
2. Ura submission fee $800 submit as owner or $1500 asking PE just to submit for you.
3. Management with AGM approval for awning for roof terrace enclosure.

Don’t worry. URA people very nice. They will ask you to submit more document to support your case till approve or you give up.

The price exclude doing the covering of the roof terrace.

Prepare $30-40k to cover the entire roof terrace. It is worth it.


sanzhu 09-10-2019 09:48 AM

Sure leak one and very trouble some

Just build a ceiling

yoongf 09-10-2019 09:58 AM

https://www.leenlee.com.sg/wp-conten...ng-Removed.pdf

Zetrio2006 09-10-2019 10:54 AM

You should check with MCST first.

bolster 09-10-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alxthxa (Post 123143467)
To be very frank with you, my management allows me to do because he said so far no complaints about awning structure with trellis and ziptrak.

I did mine and then one month later, I received a complaint from a neighbour saying that I blocked their view? Which doesn’t make sense to me. Cuz there wasn’t any view to even see, unless they want to peek into my unit.

If right now, I want to submit to URA, will I still stand a chance to get approval?

I really wouldn’t want to remove this 30k worth of awning.


You management has approved you to cover the roof terrace in general or stated clearly you can only do it 2m from the wall?

If the management only state generally without any detail, then you may be in luck, else you are in trouble and need 80% in the AGM for a special resolution.

If the management approve without any term but you do it illegally, exceeded 2m from the wall, then you must immediately get PE endorsement and submit to URA as soon as possible to avoid any legal issue from the URA. Any complain to URA, you will be given a time frame to remove it else fine will follow.

It will still be approved by URA but you need the PE to draw the diagram based on existing structure. He will take this opportunity to charge you even more because they did not approve it in the first place and take additional responsibility in case your structure collapse. You are under his mercy.

Pls note, anything drop from the illegal structure and kill someone, you go straight to jail and no insurance will cover you!


If you have PE endorsement on the structure during your renovation, you still can use it for submission. For URA submission, you can try to do it yourself online. Most of the information you can get it from your MSCT!

URA people is very nice. Wrong information key in, they (probably the Architect) will contact and help you to get it done! Remember, you already paid $800 for the service!

Get it approved so that you can sell it with a plus point!

alxthxa 09-10-2019 07:11 PM

Thanks for your reply. I had checked with PE, he said at least 10k to do all these endorsement thing, as URA will ask me to send to other departments.

Yes management did mentioned that awning should be less than 2m. I did at the same depth with my neighbour so our awning look flushed. Which comes out less than 0.5m. And I also had checked other units, most of them do more than 2m.

Count me unlucky....



Quote:

Originally Posted by bolster (Post 123145385)
You management has approved you to cover the roof terrace in general or stated clearly you can only do it 2m from the wall?

If the management only state generally without any detail, then you may be in luck, else you are in trouble and need 80% in the AGM for a special resolution.

If the management approve without any term but you do it illegally, exceeded 2m from the wall, then you must immediately get PE endorsement and submit to URA as soon as possible to avoid any legal issue from the URA. Any complain to URA, you will be given a time frame to remove it else fine will follow.

It will still be approved by URA but you need the PE to draw the diagram based on existing structure. He will take this opportunity to charge you even more because they did not approve it in the first place and take additional responsibility in case your structure collapse. You are under his mercy.

Pls note, anything drop from the illegal structure and kill someone, you go straight to jail and no insurance will cover you!


If you have PE endorsement on the structure during your renovation, you still can use it for submission. For URA submission, you can try to do it yourself online. Most of the information you can get it from your MSCT!

URA people is very nice. Wrong information key in, they (probably the Architect) will contact and help you to get it done! Remember, you already paid $800 for the service!

Get it approved so that you can sell it with a plus point!


alxthxa 09-10-2019 07:17 PM

Thanks mate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoongf (Post 123143684)


alxthxa 09-10-2019 07:21 PM

Anyone know when did this guideline introduced? For awning not install more than 2m.

bolster 09-10-2019 10:25 PM

https://www.ura.gov.sg/-/media/User%...eb/dc14-03.pdf

bolster 09-10-2019 10:33 PM

You can consider do it yourself.

10k you can redo 3m x 5m with all the necessary submission.

How big is your roof terrace? Project name? Floorplan go ytreporp.com to download.

Did you Call the PE directly, not ID. I work with a few PE and most of them charge from $500 to average $3k with drawing provided, not complicate structure and reasonable size.

URA only need diagram with detail dimension from the PE with his chop and stamp with signature. The rest of the information, you can get it from your MCST.

URA people is very nice! Again, they will help you all the way after you pay $800 for the submission! 😜

alxthxa 09-10-2019 11:37 PM

I asked directly from PE contact. He said he will submit to URA and URA will confirm guarantee asked to be sent to other departments which snow balled to 10k+.

Okay I will do as per what you said! Thanks so much, really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolster (Post 123154805)
You can consider do it yourself.

10k you can redo 3m x 5m with all the necessary submission.

How big is your roof terrace? Project name? Floorplan go ytreporp.com to download.

Did you Call the PE directly, not ID. I work with a few PE and most of them charge from $500 to average $3k with drawing provided, not complicate structure and reasonable size.

URA only need diagram with detail dimension from the PE with his chop and stamp with signature. The rest of the information, you can get it from your MCST.

URA people is very nice! Again, they will help you all the way after you pay $800 for the submission! 😜


alxthxa 09-10-2019 11:38 PM

Thanks Bolster!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolster (Post 123154729)



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.