HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

IRAS Property tax refund - TOP date or collection date?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #1

IRAS Property tax refund - TOP date or collection date?

If TOP in Jan, but LJ developer only let me collect key in Apr. I mean developer should pro-rate property tax refund from Jan-Apr right? Basket IRAS still charge property tax base on Jan-Dec!

Doesnt property tax start based on collection date and not TOP date?
labixiaoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 08:48 AM   #2

Always bases on TOP date la.. by right, developer should refund u e amount for jan till date u collect key since u have not occupied it. Write to e developer n see what they said..

Sometimes, this type of thing is forward to their lawyer n settle with e law firm u engaged.

If TOP in Jan, but LJ developer only let me collect key in Apr. I mean developer should pro-rate property tax refund from Jan-Apr right? Basket IRAS still charge property tax base on Jan-Dec!

iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #3

usually developer will issue a cheque to refund you up til the day they inform your lawfirm of the TOP date.

Iras doesn't care who pays except it has to be paid, dates will be once TOP to end of year. Don't anyhow basket them bahs, cant be expecting them to coordinate with your developer to understand the situation of every single home owner.
coolstrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 09:53 PM   #4

Tankiu bros
labixiaoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.