HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jln Tenteram Developments

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Jln Tenteram Developments

Anyone here knows about the amenities in this area?

How is the connectivity?

Is parking across at the private estate to walk over to save on parking feasible?
YoYoMa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #2

Tmr Sunday, free parking. U oso going for the K/W SBF May 2017?
mssynice168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do a search in this forum, plenty of feedback about how bad it is.

Anyone here knows about the amenities in this area?

How is the connectivity?

Is parking across at the private estate to walk over to save on parking feasible?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Do a search in this forum, plenty of feedback about how bad it is.
Outdated already those comments

Old 26-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Tmr Sunday, free parking. U oso going for the K/W SBF May 2017?
Similaieh?

Old 27-08-2017, 12:19 AM   #6

Similaieh?

thought u looking at the HDB Kallang/ Whampoa sale of balance flats May 2017 cos there are units left in the Jln Tentaram area.
Old 27-08-2017, 03:00 AM   #7

I've been a silent reader with no account, I stay at Tenteram Peak and I've decided to sign up for an account to help you out with your questions.

Amenities -
1. 24 hours Giant supermarket will be opening on the 30 August 2017.
2. Eating house is currently under renovation and has placed a "stalls for rent" banner.
3. There is a clinic and hair salon. The salon has completed renovations. The clinic is looking to hire staff.
4. Childcare centre will be opening soon.
5. 10 minutes walk to Whampoa Market.

Transportation / Connectivity -
1. If you drive, 10 minutes is all you need to get to town.
2. I assume not many people know there is a tunnel under the CTE expressway. You can walk from Tenteram Peak to Boon Keng train station in 20 minutes. (If you walk fast, maybe you can reach in 15 minutes time) Walk through the tunnel, pass the private apartments, temple, church. You will reach St. George's Road estate, continue walking till you see the under construction BTO, St. George's Towers. Walk on, you will arrive at Towner Road estate where Boon Keng train station is.
3. There is a bus stop opposite block 116A. Bus 21 and 129. Bus 21 goes to Shaw Plaza / Balastier Market / Zhongshan Mall / Novena train station.
4. You can walk (probably 8 minutes) to the PIE expressway bus stop, there are buses to Toa Payoh train station.

I don't quite understand your last question. Are you looking to park your car along the roads at the private estate area to walk over to Jalan Tenteram?
The roads along the private estate are very narrow and there is no way you can park your car.
mssynice168 likes this.

Last edited by orduna; 27-08-2017 at 03:04 AM..
orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 04:24 AM   #8

I've been a silent reader with no account, I stay at Tenteram Peak and I've decided to sign up for an account to help you out with your questions.

Amenities -
2. Eating house is currently under renovation and has placed a "stalls for rent" banner.
3. There is a clinic and hair salon. The salon has completed renovations. The clinic is looking to hire staff.

2. I assume not many people know there is a tunnel under the CTE expressway. You can walk from Tenteram Peak to Boon Keng train station in 20 minutes. (If you walk fast, maybe you can reach in 15 minutes time) Walk through the tunnel, pass the private apartments, temple, church. You will reach St. George's Road estate, continue walking till you see the under construction BTO, St. George's Towers. Walk on, you will arrive at Towner Road estate where Boon Keng train station is.
3. There is a bus stop opposite block 116A. Bus 21 and 129. Bus 21 goes to Shaw Plaza / Balastier Market / Zhongshan Mall / Novena train station.
4. You can walk (probably 8 minutes) to the PIE expressway bus stop, there are buses to Toa Payoh train station.

I don't quite understand your last question. Are you looking to park your car along the roads at the private estate area to walk over to Jalan Tenteram?
The roads along the private estate are very narrow and there is no way you can park your car.

Wa ! Really v detail write up abt the area. Think this could also be useful to those who are looking at the SBF at Kallang / Whampoa.

Well Done !
Old 27-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
Supremacy Member

Amenities -

Thank you.

Wow! 24 hour Giant? Very good.

Guess getting a PMD will speed things up.

Old 27-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #10

Is the expressway noise really that bad? Is your unit facing directly? High, mid or low floor? Appreciate your sharing
fatfleaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
Master Member

Is the expressway noise really that bad? Is your unit facing directly? High, mid or low floor? Appreciate your sharing
Different people can handle noise differently. Since the project is completed, why don't you go there during morning or evening rush hour to experience the noise? I did this last time.

May I know if this is the route you are referring to?

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/T...8587!3e2?hl=en

Last edited by cloverpark; 27-08-2017 at 02:13 PM..
cloverpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #12
Master Member

prices at giants mostly are higher than the neighborhood provision shops.
1982-1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #13

Different people can handle noise differently. Since the project is completed, why don't you go there during morning or evening rush hour to experience the noise? I did this last time.]
I have been to the project numerous times. However, listening from the corridor is different from listening from within a unit.
fatfleaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
Master Member

I have been to the project numerous times. However, listening from the corridor is different from listening from within a unit.

Maybe can get a cheap decibel meter - http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...cause-of-noise

Last time i bought an EMF meter cos the block i want has a substation across the road.
cloverpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #15

High floor unit facing the expressway. My parent’s home is also facing the expressway hence I am used to it and does not affect me. It is all about getting used to the noise.

In my opinion, the noise from the expressway is pretty consistent, once in while you do get supercars with loud exhaust sounds zooming past.

With the windows completely shut and air-con on, the noise will reduce significantly.

Of course it is best to visit Tenteram Peak and experience the noise.

May I know if this is the route you are referring to?
Nope, this is not the route I am referring to. Google Maps does not show the tunnel under the CTE expressway.

Go to Street Directory map, you will see a black dotted line on the expressway beside Tenteram Peak MSCP.
orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.