HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Kent Ridge Hill Residences

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2020, 12:32 AM   #1

Kent Ridge Hill Residences

Hi Guys,

I noticed there isnt a thread or much discussion on Kent Ridge Hill Residences ( KRHR)... Would like to hear everyone thoughts on it if is a good buy and if it has good capital appreciation potential in say 5 years?

I think the key selling points are
100sqm ruling,
2025 circle line completion,
pasir panjang linear park + power plant district development+ in 2-3 years time
GSW (longer term)
Unique selling point of being close to nature yet RCR connected to city
Biggest plot of land in the area.. think is biggest land size per unit ratio?
Although surrounded mainly by freehold, but mostly super old kind.. not much competition ( cause different product differentiation altogether)
Good layouts ( even the 2BR has storerooms which is hard to come by nowadays)

Bad points
Surrounded by freehold (but old) hence their lower resale value and making KRHR looks expensive at 17xx psf
Lack of amenities (i.e. super markets, coffeeshop) within walking distance (but seems like nearby BIJOU will have basement shopping managed by Far East in a year or 2?)
Weak bus connectivity.. think only 1 bus 200 goes there
Normaton parks with thousand over units might increase competition nearby ( though i think is 2 different products.. high dens vs low dens)
Not near any primary schools
Walk to Mrt is unsheltered all the way ( approx. 10 mins walk?)

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Ohw123 likes this.
isometric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 01:28 AM   #2

Sounds like you're buying with investment as your main purpose? KRHR has been launched since Nov 18 and only halfway sold even though the no. of units is not high by today's new launch standards (500+ units).

So while I'm not very property savvy, I think that gives a sense as to the interest it garners, and therefore it's investment potential.

Of course marketing may have a role here. Just my opinion.
Ohw123 and isometric like this.
frigatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 06:59 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

I went to see but didn't like the site plan of the project. I felt it was a bit claustrophobic in the design...
Forever84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 07:19 AM   #4

I actually like this development, for the queerness and tranquility. But transport to school for my kids will be an issue.
jonchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #5

Developments around Kent Ridge/Pasir Panjang area doesn’t seem to be selling well somehow, the sales of Avenue South Residences also doesn’t seem fantastic- believe less than 5 units sold during CB period. The talk of the Greater Southern Waterfront doesn’t seem to be a huge draw at the moment perhaps given that economic climate is bleak and any future developments are likely to be delayed.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #6

Developments around Kent Ridge/Pasir Panjang area doesn’t seem to be selling well somehow, the sales of Avenue South Residences also doesn’t seem fantastic- believe less than 5 units sold during CB period. The talk of the Greater Southern Waterfront doesn’t seem to be a huge draw at the moment perhaps given that economic climate is bleak and any future developments are likely to be delayed.
There are many ppl out there who doesn’t drive. As ASR is not near to mrt. It only attracts the group of ppl who drives.
isometric likes this.
Ohw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #7

Sounds like you're buying with investment as your main purpose? KRHR has been launched since Nov 18 and only halfway sold even though the no. of units is not high by today's new launch standards (500+ units).

So while I'm not very property savvy, I think that gives a sense as to the interest it garners, and therefore it's investment potential.

Of course marketing may have a role here. Just my opinion.

Yes, Capital appreciation is my first priority (relative to ownstay/ rental yields)
Though the rental yield in the vicinity is quite strong >3%

Some of the reasons why I choose to look at KRHR more closely is because
1) for the more popular developments, developers have already staged up the prices by quite a bit... I feel I might have missed the boat on them. whereas KRHR prices have not moved much since launch + developer margins is super thin at about 6% (low risk of developer dropping price and i am still buying roughly same price as the first buyers)

2) I feel Pasir Panjang has been neglected/ undervalued for a long time and with the masterplan (plus Keppel golf club lease expiring, linking of west coast park with Labrador park/ mt faber funicular tram), there should be increasing focus in the area and hence more upside potential

3) Govt is helping to cap any future supply with the 100sqm ruling and no nearby GLS . Even if the older surrounding condos do manage to enbloc, the price will be really high , helping to push up the nearby value

On the bad points, yes I share all of your thoughts too… the public transport there is not very developed... not suitable for families with young kids (unless have car)

and ya, I don't really see much marketing on this project (unlike the rest with tons of youtube videos, agents advertisement, seminars etc...).
I noticed ASR marketing is really like everywhere...however, it is not near any mrt, is surrounded by all the new freehold developments, relative smaller size units plus I feel the whole siteplan is very congested and packed. it main marketing angle seems to be just the railway corridor and GSW and maybe seaview
Ohw123 likes this.
Old 22-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #8

Yes, Capital appreciation is my first priority (relative to ownstay/ rental yields)

1) for the more popular developments, developers have already staged up the prices by quite a bit... I feel I might have missed the boat on them. whereas KRHR prices have not moved much since launch + developer margins is super thin at about 6% (low risk of developer dropping price and i am still buying roughly same price as the first buyers)

2) I feel Pasir Panjang has been neglected/ undervalued for a long time and with the masterplan (plus Keppel golf club lease expiring, linking of west coast park with Labrador park/ mt faber funicular tram), there should be increasing focus in the area and hence more upside potential

3) Govt is helping to cap any future supply with the 100sqm ruling and no nearby GLS . Even if the older surrounding condos do manage to enbloc, the price will be really high , helping to push up the nearby value

On the bad points, yes I share all of your thoughts too… the public transport there is not very developed... not suitable for families with young kids (unless have car)

and ya, I don't really see much marketing on this project (unlike the rest with tons of youtube videos, agents advertisement, seminars etc...).
I noticed ASR marketing is really like everywhere...however, it is not near any mrt, is surrounded by all the new freehold developments, relative smaller size units plus I feel the whole siteplan is very congested and packed. it main marketing angle seems to be just the railway corridor and GSW and maybe seaview
The Verandah Residences or Bijou seems a better buy than KRHR, both are closer proximity to MRT and FH and similar psf. Perhaps u may wish to await Normaton Park Residences if u favour that locale, it’s likely to launch at a very attractive prices.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #9
Master Member

If you look at Master Plan 2019, South Buena vista road will connect to Portsdown road hence providing easier connectivity to AYE.

Road will probably be widened as well.
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #10
Master Member

The Verandah Residences or Bijou seems a better buy than KRHR, both are closer proximity to MRT and FH and similar psf. Perhaps u may wish to await Normaton Park Residences if u favour that locale, it’s likely to launch at a very attractive prices.
TS comes from investment point of view and thus, whether he bought KH or normanton doesn’t make much difference,
1) KH mediocre sales means it’s tough for him to have cap gain in short term until the project is fully sold.
2) with normanton 1800units, it’s just another treasure. Stiff competition in selling is bound to happen even when fully sold. And there’s high possibility kingsford may not price it dirt cheap. Even breakeven price for normanton is about 1500psf. So we can roughly Guess how much kingsford is gonna price normanton.
Old 22-05-2020, 11:12 AM   #11
Master Member

Kent ridge hill residences:
Launch in Nov 2018.
Till date > 309 out of 548 sold. Translating to 56.4%.

Land acquired in Dec 2017 at $1096 ppr psf.
Old 22-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #12

Oh.. was told that Verandah sold out and Bijou cheapest is >1.6 mil (slightly above 2000psf)
Sadly, My budget is only 1.4 mil max and I would like to get a 2Br2 bath if possible. then after narrowing down, I am left with Parc Esta and KRHR.

Parc Esta looks really good (checking a lot of boxes) but I feel too many units in the development and surrounding area (will always play 2nd fiddle to Paya lebar).. hence, I am leaning more towards KRHR which I like the unique selling point of connected to a nature park yet only 15 mins to CBD. kinda special among all the new launches

do we know when can Normaton park start selling? probably 2021/2022 right? I feel wait a bit too long leh.. furthermore, normaton park totally not near any MRT at all..
Ohw123 likes this.
Old 22-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #13
Master Member

One Normanton Park:
1890 units
Land acquired in OCT 2017 at $969ppr psf.
Ohw123 likes this.
Old 22-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #14

IMHO, it's actually well connected..
Kent Ridge is walking distance (real walking distance) to the PP MRT. Food centre with many choices. Short bus to ARC where there is NTUC
Across the road, the new PSA building will have food in due course.
If you can stretch to the Bijou, IMO, the FH condo is a nicer choice, but Kent Ridge is much larger so maintenance is lower. As a LH condo its also much cheaper.
Many potential renters in the Mapletree and NUS area.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020...tup-22020.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #15

If you look at Master Plan 2019, South Buena vista road will connect to Portsdown road hence providing easier connectivity to AYE.

Road will probably be widened as well.
Oh.. I noticed this road has been plannedsince 2003 masterplan... given it has to go underground kent ridge park, i wonder how long more before it can be build? if there are more bus routes in the vicinity, it will definitely help a lot for those who don't drive and for families with small kids.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.