May 2013 BTO

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied for 3 room only. Cos only got 1 kid and hubby don't intend to stay here forever. Can't wait for the ballot number to be out! After all the grant I'll be having, I think every month I no need to pay extra cash, cpf also won't deduct alot!

so good... i dun intend to stay sg forever also but i apply 4rm just in case (since flats going to be more ex in future... will be ex to upgrade.

i checked... seems like i am not eligible for any grants. poor me :(

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's y...HDB always emphasize, buy with what you can afford, the best would be after deducting the monthly instalment, there is still left over in the OA, thus enabling the OA $$ to save up. After every 5-7 yrs, can use the amount to make partial payment, thus reducing the instalment and future interest to be incurred. In this way, you may even end up finish paying off the loan in 20 yrs instead of the 25/30 yrs loan

yah dats why i dun go for 5rm... only 4rm... and i plan to apply for 20 year loan only cos if 30 year loan... i will be 69 when i pay finish :s22:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah dats why i dun go for 5rm... only 4rm... and i plan to apply for 20 year loan only cos if 30 year loan... i will be 69 when i pay finish :s22:

That's why many go for capital repayment and shorten the loan after a few years of accumulating monies from the excess in their cpf acct..

BigCheri

Reaction score
so good... i dun intend to stay sg forever also but i apply 4rm just in case (since flats going to be more ex in future... will be ex to upgrade.

i checked... seems like i am not eligible for any grants. poor me :(

Ya 4 room no grant. I'm eligible for AHG and the Special grant. My hubby is self employed but he put 1.8k pay's cpf and I'm unemployed. In future when business is good then consider upgrade to private housing. Start from the scratch, slowly build up.

Paladium

Reaction score
Will they close early if a SBF is over subscribed by a lot? like got 5 units then they close the application before 05 jun when they hit like 200 or 300, etc applications for it?

lowchia

Reaction score
Will they close early if a SBF is over subscribed by a lot? like got 5 units then they close the application before 05 jun when they hit like 200 or 300, etc applications for it?

No.

If oversub then it will be the royal rumble!!! Pray for the best!!! :D

Winterhearts

Reaction score
Ya 4 room no grant. I'm eligible for AHG and the Special grant. My hubby is self employed but he put 1.8k pay's cpf and I'm unemployed. In future when business is good then consider upgrade to private housing. Start from the scratch, slowly build up.

When you say about future when business is good and consider upgrade to private housing.
I have something to share.

Last 15 years I got a HDB. My income is average.
But now my income is much better..I have a lot of CPF savings.
But the problem is I could not afford private housing now because the price is more expensive now
Although I have more than 600k combine CPF savings.
If I had bought a condo 15 years ago...I would have finished payment the condo purchase with CPF
Savings I have right now.

So must plan really carefully....
So the best scenario is to stick with what you want now.
If You want private housing get one now..
If you want HDB.....just stick with HDB.
When you are young and continue to stick with one property purchase.
You can have a lot of retirement savings.

flashover

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you say about future when business is good and consider upgrade to private housing.
I have something to share.

Last 15 years I got a HDB. My income is average.
But now my income is much better..I have a lot of CPF savings.
But the problem is I could not afford private housing now because the price is more expensive now
Although I have more than 600k combine CPF savings.
If I had bought a condo 15 years ago...I would have finished payment the condo purchase with CPF
Savings I have right now.

So must plan really carefully....
So the best scenario is to stick with what you want now.
If You want private housing get one now..
If you want HDB.....just stick with HDB.
When you are young and continue to stick with one property purchase.
You can have a lot of retirement savings.

I find this so true.

nature laws

Reaction score
Ang Mo Kio: (SOBF)
1) nature laws (SOBF)

Sembawang:
1) lifeisfullofupndown
2)
3)
4)
5)

Hougang:
1) iLOL-ed
2)czl0209
3)
4)
5)

Choa Chu Kang:
1) Gixxerfied
2)
3)
4)
5)

Jurong West:
1) d3n
2) missangsty
3)BigCheri
4)
5)

Woodlands:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But we are too young to afford private housing now! Both of us 22 going 23 years old only leh! Haha! His plan was once finished staying 5 years, we can slowly consider to upgrade. By then we will be 33 years old? The age will be just nice to upgrade a bigger house.

then get a bigger home first that is affordable within your means.

cos dun forget in 5 years time the property market might not be the same as now, maybe be even more ex?

so in case u cannot upgrade due to affordability issue in 5 years time at least you wun find your 3rm too small then.

Last edited:

Winterhearts

Reaction score
But we are too young to afford private housing now! Both of us 22 going 23 years old only leh! Haha! His plan was once finished staying 5 years, we can slowly consider to upgrade. By then we will be 33 years old? The age will be just nice to upgrade a bigger house.

I was 25 when I got my first HDB.
Its not that the older your age, that it will be just nice to upgrade.
But to decide what you want now when you are young and stick with it.
Like what i have heard but regret never practise, " In the name of time, Man surely is in loss" :)

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
young mother?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.